Hacking Noob here, Would like some help with wii and usb loader.

Severd Nerv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks,

Well where to start.. i picked up a wii for my 6 year old recently and thot id see if i could play some emulators n stuff. i managed to get the HBC installed and were playing Gameboy games perfectly :D
but since it only came with one game and i checkd and found that you can run backups so i went and followed some vids on youtube to get usb loader gx to play New super mario bros to run and nope im at a brick wall.

I followed so many videos trying to get this rom to load in the loader and installed many of these ios'es or whatever and still no luck. ( Im surprised ive not bricked the damm thing :/)

However all i did manage to get was a tiny bit of hope, when i tryed running Metroid prime trilogy which was the only game in the loader to show up an animation before i clicked play, and when i did it looked as if it was running then after i choose my save and clicked one of the games it crashes at that point no matter what game i pick it just black screens and hangs itself... so back to square one :(

(just as a side note.... I downloaded these games NEw super mario, Wii sports, wii play, metroid trilogy and even a resident evil game to test and when the USB loader GX loads up is shows the games in the list but Metroid is the only one and i mean the only one that shows a animation on the start screen before i click to start the game.... the others just show black and thats even before i click start and even then the rest just black screen n return to HBC)

Now ive tryed n tryed to check other ppls fails before i came here asking for help but im left with no choice but to admit defeat :(

i came to this site as it seems to very active and helpfull .

So heres hoping you can help a father and his son get some joy out of a £15 wii i picked up in a charity shop :)

Thanks guys

Oh and heres a syscheck report if that helps.

---------------------------
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.2E (v482)

Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 49108995
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United Kingdom (110)
Boot2 v4
Found 86 titles.
Found 51 IOS on this console. 5 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[57] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 260): Stub
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 01/11/2016.

Severd Nerv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, thanks for reply .. im pretty sure i used this exact tutorial and that let me get to where i got to at the moment ... but im sttill having problems ... because i read another tutorial by a member on here that was to install Modmii and followed that and still couldnt get any further

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so, you already softmoded your Wii, and all the cIOS are fine.
don't edit or reinstall them, it's not needed and will not help you.

The only missing IOS is Bootmii IOS (IOS254 (rev 260): Stub)
you can reinstall it by launching Hackmii installer and select install bootmii as IOS.
If you don't do it, don't worry, it's not needed for the moment.

So, first, you will have to provide more informations :
- USB Loader GX revision.

- is it installed as a channel or as a homebrew in the HBC?

- your devices : SD or USB or both ?
I recommend placing all homebrew files on SD, and the games on USB.
using SD for the loader's file will be easier to setup.

- Your USB format ?
WBFS or FAT32 or NTFS ?

- Program you used to place the games on your drive (if any)?
maybe you just copied the files manually with your file explorer?

Severd Nerv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
- USB Loader GX revision. = 3.0 r1233
- is it installed as a channel or as a homebrew in the HBC? = i launch it through the HBC
- your devices : SD or USB or both ? = i use SD in front for apps Usbloader Ect and Usb 16gb flash in the back
- Your USB format ? = is WBFS as anything i ijsert it to doesnt read it only the wii manager to transfer the games

Severd Nerv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also dont knw if it helps but when i got credits in USB loader it says Rev 1233 ios 249 (21008 *** (d2) final base 56)
the *** are letters i cant make out on theis tv im using to play the wii on

Last edited by Severd Nerv,

Severd Nerv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok ill give that a bash ... so just format it with the Wii manager to fat32 and transfer them with the manager the same way

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
yeah , not saying it;ll fix your issue but thats what i would do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

either way , your in the right place , cyan is lead DEV of your choice of USB loader ... so sit tight till he replies..:)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- USB Loader GX revision. = 3.0 r1233 update to 1260. I always introduce bugs, old version have bugs which I fixed.
i launch it through the HBC good.
i use SD in front for apps Usbloader Ect and Usb 16gb flash in the back
Good for SD. Bad for flashdrive. Flashes have issues with the Wii. Prefer a real HDD.
is WBFS as anything i ijsert it to doesnt read it only the wii manager to transfer the games
you should use FAT32
You should NEVER use WBFS manager (is that the one you are using? it's corrupting games). Instead, use Wii Backup Manager, or Wit/wwt.

so what you have to do :
1. update the loader (link in my signature)
2. we will keep the WBFS partition format for the moment. don't format your partition, you will lose your games, there's a way to convert the partition instead. Plus, the games should be good dump unless you used WBFS manager, in which case it will be better to format to FAT32 and start afresh, like all new install.
3. reset all settings (or delete the USBLoader_gx folder and start like a new install)

Reactions: Severd Nerv

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the video a couple of times. When I click on the usb loader gx channel it goes black and goes back to the wii menu. It works from homebrew channel but not from the wii menu

Last edited by jbuck1975,

Severd Nerv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok id just like to update this post since i recived some gr8 help from Ppls mostly Cyan.

But the games are working :D

Heres what i did this morning...
I decided to go get a new usb drive since i cant afford to buy a Hard disk That Cyan Reccomended (which i will do in time) but i did do some reasearch and found a memory card that my local Argos sold that was apparently compatible with the Wii, it was a SanDisk Ultra 16GB High Speed 3.0 Flash Drive. £8.99 and after getting home and Formatting it the way Cyan Said to use Fat32 an i also used Wii Backup Manager like he recommended as well.
once i put my games over to the card and poped it into my wii i upgraded the Usb Loader to USBGX r1260., i then loaded it up and could see all the animation start screens that i couldnt see before & i was jumping for joy thinking it had worked .. once i clicked start on New super mario it went to black screen and nothing.... :'( so i was feeling a bit bumed that i got my hopes up and still failed...i went and fed my daughter her bottle but forgot to turn of the wii off and left it on the hung screen or so i thought but to my amazement after at least 2 mins of a black screen lone behold the game actualy came on. Now i threw my 6month old daughter into her cot :P and checkd it out and it was running perfectly but was surprised at why it just black screened for like 2 mins before i saw the safety msg..

so i checked the other games and they did the exact same thing but all loaded as well now i dont know why the black screen happend there must be an explination to it or what i dnt knw but all seems to work perfect .

Again folks Cheers

Thanks Cyan

If u know anything about the black screen pre boot game launch thing i mentiond please feel free to tell me whats causing it but other than that im happy :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's very strange that it blackscreens for so long, and for all games.
Maybe the device is too slow and file access is taking a long time to start the game.
You don't have issue once the game is launched? for example, when loading a map, track, levels, menus, etc?

I think it's a drive issue (again).

Reactions: Severd Nerv

Severd Nerv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all the games seem to be running at there top Fps and its working... no graphic problems or slowdown but yes i will take ur advice and get myself a hardrive when i get more funds but for now i guess i have to say thanks for all ur help and im just happy i have it running even with a slight little hitch but all in all happy :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: