Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

arshad145

Trophies
XP
Country
While downgrading, (looked like it was working a lot of updates were installed) i got an error saying i had to restart my 2ds.
Now when i restart with my sd card in it, i only get blackscreens. When i restart without the sd card it will work.
Now i saw that i could try to change the theme to fix it, but it won't allow me to change the theme without sd card so when i put the sd card in after restarting it will freeze within 2 seconds. In the system settings it will say i'm now on 9.2.0-20E, but i assume it's only partially downgraded. Any advice on what to do now? (still a noob)

1.Remove SD-Card
2.Format 3DS from settings > Format System etc...
3.When all is done, 3DS Setup for language etc... Put Sd-Card back in.
4.PROFIT $.$ Thanks for this guide <3 $.$

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so try this maybe:
1. Turn on 3DS without SD
2. Put in SD
3. Change theme

Hmm, that's weird.... I don't really know why is that happening...

seems to happen intermittently with Pokemon, tried putting it into sleep mode with all Apps closed and it did not drain the battery. probably a pokemon issue and not a CFW issue.

different question, and as always thank you for the responses.
I am running out of space on my sd card, if I use jksm to extract the save file from a .CIA can I delete/reinstall the .CIA at a later date and use the old save file? or are these saves encrypted to the invidual cia installation?

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
seems to happen intermittently with Pokemon, tried putting it into sleep mode with all Apps closed and it did not drain the battery. probably a pokemon issue and not a CFW issue.

different question, and as always thank you for the responses.
I am running out of space on my sd card, if I use jksm to extract the save file from a .CIA can I delete/reinstall the .CIA at a later date and use the old save file? or are these saves encrypted to the invidual cia installation?
If you use JKSM, you should be fine.

cros107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On my SD card, I have no updates folder, sysupdater or safesysupdater folder- do I need to create them?

Edit: Right. Assumed it must be the case, and started the upgrade. And got a black screen. Did a hard reset, but it isn't working. I've tried 5 or 6 times so far.

Edit 2: Re-read the tutorial, and realized I copied EVERYTHING in the sysupdater .zip into the folder. That might be the problem.

Edit 3: No, not the problem. Does it even work with browserhax?

Edit 4: Ran it through menuhax, seems to be working. Thanks for all that help guys!

Last edited by cros107,

rafaelhiroshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, i have a New Nintendo 3DS in 10.7-32JP Version.

I checked the downgrade file by SafeSysUpdater e was all good, but in downgrade process in PlaiSysUpdater it showed a fail.

Anyone can help me?
P_20161021_153428.jpg

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello, i have a New Nintendo 3DS in 10.7-32JP Version.

I checked the downgrade file by SafeSysUpdater e was all good, but in downgrade process in PlaiSysUpdater it showed a fail.

Anyone can help me?
P_20161021_153428.jpg
Repeat the downgrade. If it still fails, use sysDowngrader.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

proja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello!

I just read this guide and yet I'm still lost. (Probably due to a poor understanding of English)

I was offered a N3DS. The firmware version is 10.7.0-32E.

I understand that I must have an entry point to the downgrade the N3DS.

The problem is that I can not seem to know what options are available to me.

I am unable to use the browserhax.
I always get the message that tells me to update the device. Is this normal?

The first post says "EDIT8: Browserhax and Menuhax for 11.0!". Do i have to update to 11.0 to use it and dowgrade?

Sorry I must look dumb but it's kinda hard for me to understand^^

Docs

Trophies
XP
Country
Just attempted a downgrade to 9.2 but crashed when it looked like it was close to finishing.

It's showing version 9.2 now but ran downgrade check and there were a couple of mismatched versions.

Seems to be running fine otherwise, everything I've tried works including games and the Homebrew launcher. Should I reattempt a downgrade or would this be too risky with the current state that it's in?

MinecraftDude7H

Trophies
XP
Country
When I check for the cia's it says that the first one it comes up with (Which is 0004001000022000.cia) is missing and then it says 'Exit'. Then when I look in the updates folder on the root of the SD Card it is in there. Any solutions?

D

Deleted-394630

Just attempted a downgrade to 9.2 but crashed when it looked like it was close to finishing.

It's showing version 9.2 now but ran downgrade check and there were a couple of mismatched versions.

Seems to be running fine otherwise, everything I've tried works including games and the Homebrew launcher. Should I reattempt a downgrade or would this be too risky with the current state that it's in?
You're on a franken-firmware, or a partial downgrade. You should finish the downgrade by re-downgrading to 9.2. DO NOT UPDATE! I think updates while in this sort of state can brick.

korn93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want to downgrade a 2ds but i got a couple of questions:
¿ i have to download a new 3ds firmware or an old one?
¿what is mset?
i will apreciate if somenone just told me what is the right frimware for a 2ds

Shadownade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
10.4.0-29J user here...

Following these, it says my files are good to be downgraded via SafeSysUpdater.
I go to downgrade my system on the PlaiSysUpdater - but I get the following error.

"Checking for am:u...
Did not get am:u handle!
Attempting svchax..."

It's frozen so many times.

I've gotten all my files from the proper places, and I don't know what's wrong.

benji787

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, new to 3ds mod scene, have modded a wii and xbox before but i had someone soft mod my n3ds and it has homebrew, arm9loaderhax, and luma but the person i got it from upgraded it to 11.2, is there any way to get back to 10.x so that i can run NTF CFW?

can someone point me in the right direction? thanks!!!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, new to 3ds mod scene, have modded a wii and xbox before but i had someone soft mod my n3ds and it has homebrew, arm9loaderhax, and luma but the person i got it from upgraded it to 11.2, is there any way to get back to 10.x so that i can run NTF CFW?

can someone point me in the right direction? thanks!!!
just use this on 11.2: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases

Reactions: benji787
D

Deleted User

DON'T use a random google search to find your pack! Download it off Pilect's guide!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny