Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

M05K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone knows when yellows8 gonna update the menuhax to the 10.6? When I update I only need to go to the Browser once so when they relese a new update doesn't check right? So now I can use the browser on this version forever?

Thank you (I'm newb to the scene)!

Eduardolicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
allright i think ive got everything i need, but i'm noticing the zip of /updates i'm getting from 'that site' or anywhere else uh..its md5 hash isnt matching the one in the first post, so im wary to just go nuts with it

9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS is the name of the zip file, unless im screwin somethin up here and i should be hashing some file within it instead of the zip?

edit: to be more clear, my md5 matches what the site says it should be, but not what page one of this thread says it should be

Last edited by Eduardolicious,

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone knows when yellows8 gonna update the menuhax to the 10.6?

Menuhax is something you use when you've already downgraded and you're on 9.2, not something you use on 10.6, although you can then run a 10.6 EmuNAND.

When I update I only need to go to the Browser once so when they relese a new update doesn't check right? So now I can use the browser on this version forever?

In order to downgrade, you need to be able to run homebrew, which uses the browser if you have 10.5 or less. Once you have downgraded you can install menuhax and you won't need to use the browser any more. I don't know who you mean by "they", but if you mean Nintendo, if Nintendo releases a new update, you would update your EmuNAND, which doesn't require using the browser again.

M05K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but I saw "You can wait for yellows8 to release browserhax/menuhax if you're on 10.6", on the post, so It's the browse hack right? I'm on 10.6 now

Eduardolicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also just completed my 10.5 to 9.2 hot damn! thanks to all involved today

now to explore all this emunand talk aaaaaaaaa excited

MhH3oKv.jpg

Last edited by Eduardolicious,
Reactions: Lightyose

Arist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorta new to this, where do I get the downgrade pack for my region, not sure what "that iso site" is.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I might just be dumb, but I got a black screen after downgrade, figured it was a menuhax issue (sysUpdater reported success, pressed b to restart) and removed the SD card, still have a black screen on boot. Any ideas?

EDIT: N3DS 10.5->9.2

EDIT 2:I goofed...hard. I accidentally used the O3DS 9.2 files. Is there any hope for me without a hardmod?

Last edited by HyoImowano,

Slimfr01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So i've tried to downgrade an european and old 3ds from 10.5 to 9.2 and ... softbrick.

Strangely, i don't made any mistake in the process and this is the first time that i brick a console by following a tutorial.

So i'm now on 10.6, waiting for an easy access :/
I might just be dumb, but I got a black screen after downgrade, figured it was a menuhax issue (sysUpdater reported success, pressed b to restart) and removed the SD card, still have a black screen on boot. Any ideas?

EDIT: N3DS 10.5->9.2

EDIT 2:I goofed...hard. I accidentally used the O3DS 9.2 files. Is there any hope for me without a hardmod?

Try to press L+R+A+UP when booting. If it's only a softbrick you can update by internet ( but only on the last firmware )

Last edited by Slimfr01,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...