Noob formatting questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by MaxEdison, Jul 28, 2008.

Jul 28, 2008

Noob formatting questions by MaxEdison at 9:48 PM (652 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. MaxEdison
    OP

Newcomer MaxEdison Member

United States
    Reading all this stuff about FAT and formattin' and stuff has done confused me. Can you help me out?

1. Is there any difference between FAT16 & FAT32? Pretty sure it doesn't matter, but I want to play it safe.

2. Is it possible to format a microSD card on a Mac?

3. I read something about allocated size or something. What's that all about, huh?

If there's a step-by-step formatting tutorial I've missed, I would be much obliged if you'd link me to it and also maybe beat me with a broom handle. Just, you know, a few good wallops. Could you do that? Thanks a load. Okay, bye now.

2. Whizz

Member Whizz When things don't go right, go left.

Netherlands
    1. Doesn't really matter
    2. Yeah
    3. Not important, I guess.

On Windows you can just rightclick the station and select format. It should be similar for a Mac, try Googling format sd mac

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    read the comprehensive wiki thread on FAT/FAT32 Here

and yes you can format a micro sd on a mac just Use Disk Utility which can be found in /Applications/Utilities/ [​IMG]

4. MaxEdison
    OP

Newcomer MaxEdison Member

United States
    What a relief. Thanks so much to everyone for the kind and beatingless replies.