wovva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all, in what should be my final noob question I was wondering if there is anything out there at the moment assessing the future risk opf installing a mod chip.

Of course the warranty is blasted, but when online play becomes available will it become possible to recognise this remotely and brick chipped wiis? In a similar way to chipped Xboxes getting fried by updates on game disks, and when connecting to Live.

Cheers

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's possible because updates to the chips are possible via DVD ... but will it happen? Yet to be seen ...

As for online play, it should be undetectable, as it's a drive chip, not on the mobo itself, like in Xbox's. It's similar to the 360 hack.

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it should be undetectable, as it's a drive chip, not on the mobo itself, like in Xbox's. It's similar to the 360 hack.
You mention that "updates to the chips are possible via DVD" (i.e. the WiiKey setup disc can detect whether a WiiKey is installed, and change its settings), so a retail game, with the right code, could also check for a chip and refuse to play, or refuse to allow online play...

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
yea, thats what he said... but even so, with the open source one's constantly changing, it might be hard to them to get the right code into the right system with the right chip in it to disable it... plus i'm sure someone would post it immediately if a new retail disc was dumped with that code in it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk