Hacking Discussion Nobody actually uses LayeredFS properly.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of interesting. Everyone is using LayeredFS for piracy/backup loading, while noone (or a very little amount of people) is/are using it for the actual intended purpose: ROM Hacks. I'm not making this thread to take sides (pro-backuploading/anti-backuploading). It's just a random thought I had and I wanted to share it here.

Maybe share your opinions on the matter?

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,

timmystar04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's kind of interesting. Everyone is using LayeredFS for piracy/backup loading, while noone is using it for the actual intended purpose: ROM Hacks. I'm not making this thread to take sides (pro-backuploading/anti-backuploading). It's just a random thought I had and I wanted to share it here.

Well i try to use layeredfs for mods but there are not alot of mods out there for any game and im an idiot so i have no idea how to convert wii u mods to switch like mario kart 8 or create new ones

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only hope that the people who used it and ended up banned because of it don't actually care they were banned for it because it really is a, if you can excuse my English, wack way of loading backups. Even before it came out, people were already suspecting there would be a way to play backups using hactool but there was no way to swap the files. The alternative method of loading FLOG is the first example of backup loading through file swapping

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
>Nobody uses LFS for romhacks

oreally.jpg

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you link some ROMhacks for BOTW and SMO? I really haven't come across any.
yeah i was talking about the moon jump SMO mod and super speed, there arent any level hacks afaik...for botw i made a mod myself that allows link when on master cycle to fly but its buggy so i havent released it

alienware777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i was talking about the moon jump SMO mod and super speed, there arent any level hacks afaik...for botw i made a mod myself that allows link when on master cycle to fly but its buggy so i havent released it

Ya there is,they made a super hard custom ody level, called kaizo like all the others

Last edited by alienware777,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of interesting. Everyone is using LayeredFS for piracy/backup loading, while noone (or a very little amount of people) is/are using it for the actual intended purpose: ROM Hacks. I'm not making this thread to take sides (pro-backuploading/anti-backuploading). It's just a random thought I had and I wanted to share it here.

yeah but as as soon as layeredFS was released I knew this would happen

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know of romhacks or mods (not saying they don't exist, just they aren't anything coming across my radar). But I also don't use layeredfs, because SXOS is how I load backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work