Hacking No Web Browser

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
What about the OoT entrypoint ? He can still use that right ? If a CIA installer or Gateway gets ported to that (on old 3DS) then he could install the browser, no ?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the OoT entrypoint ? He can still use that right ? If a CIA installer or Gateway gets ported to that (on old 3DS) then he could install the browser, no ?

It's possible using either CN or OOT, but nothing is currently written for them for the O3DS on 5.x+.

DeeHow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haha guys, no worries. i have another ds that i just have to hardmod and use my 6.x.x nand. this backup obviously has the web browser cause it was on 6 and i used it to install the profile exploit. i only got this second ds so that if one broke id have a regular ds out of it. i just need to find someone who does hard mods in canada or buy some soldering tools to take the cart slot off!! maybe a guide if someone would link me. its an O3ds as well

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha guys, no worries. i have another ds that i just have to hardmod and use my 6.x.x nand. this backup obviously has the web browser cause it was on 6 and i used it to install the profile exploit. i only got this second ds so that if one broke id have a regular ds out of it. i just need to find someone who does hard mods in canada or buy some soldering tools to take the cart slot off!! maybe a guide if someone would link me. its an O3ds as well

The pinouts are on 3dbrew http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware#XL_model

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can't use the NAND from one system on another... You can get the web browser update from it sure, but without any way to exploit the 8.1 system and install it, your SOL.

DeeHow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't use the NAND from one system on another... You can get the web browser update from it sure, but without any way to exploit the 8.1 system and install it, your SOL.

haha thats not what i meant, i was just trying to find a way to get cfw on the new ds cause i didnt wanna hard mod my other ds. my other ds has nand for 6.0.0 and iw as just scared to open it up so i bought the second one but it doesnt have a web browser so im just gonna hard mod the one with the nand back up... i have 2 3ds's.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Doom, gloom and bullshit. Just update to 9.2 via a cartridge and either use Gateway's OoT/CN hack or forget Gateway, get a Sky3DS and update from a ROM. Once you're on 9.X you can downgrade.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Doom, gloom and bullshit. Just update to 9.2 via a cartridge and either use Gateway's OoT/CN hack or forget Gateway, get a Sky3DS and update from a ROM. Once you're on 9.X you can downgrade.

Read the thread before posting unhelpful crap.... none of those work on his 3ds (old 3ds). Cart updates don't include the web browser... so updating to 9.x won't help him... and Gateway's OoT/CN are New3DS only.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

gateway-3ds.com said:
NOTE: Support for launching the Gateway menu through Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Classic 3DS is not implemented yet.

Reactions: cearp

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Read the thread before posting unhelpful crap.... none of those work on his 3ds (old 3ds). Cart updates don't include the web browser... so updating to 9.x won't help him... and Gateway's OoT/CN are New3DS only.
Oh? I was lead to believe that they've updated it recently to work on the old model as long as you're on 9.X. I know carts don't have the browser, I wasn't talking about using the websploit. I stand corrected. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc