Hardware No regular n3DS for NA?

serenade.63

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, children cannot be expected to play or comfortably transport a n3DSxl, this is complete shit. Hopefully the n3DS is some kind of ghost release that they don't advertise in the hopes that people will spring for the more expensive model out of ignorance.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess that settles that for me, gonna order a white N3DS from Japan. If the regular one is coming out later in the US than it'll likely have >9.2 anyways.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, children cannot be expected to play or comfortably transport a n3DSxl, this is complete shit. Hopefully the n3DS is some kind of ghost release that they don't advertise in the hopes that people will spring for the more expensive model out of ignorance.

They will release the 3DS standard model eventually is my guess besides children are the last type of consumers to be thinking about upgrading to the New 3DS.

Edit:

Honestly, I'm just happy the New 3DS is coming to NA at the same time as Europe and probably with firmware lower than 9.2 on it too...be grateful.

I was originally expecting NA to get the New 3DS maybe about 2 - 4 weeks after Europe before end of March 2015, we may get the New 3DS standard in NA before the end of March.

serenade.63

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never owned a 3DS or even seen one in person. How does the size feel between XL and the "small" one?

The XL is considerably larger, to large to comfortably fit into an adults pocket let alone a kids.

They will release the 3DS standard model eventually is my guess besides children are the last type of consumers to be thinking about upgrading to the New 3DS.

Unless they don't yet have a 3DS or an informed parent/grandparent/uncle/aunt (hello) was waiting for the release of new hardware to give as a present, but now either has to spring for the expensive comically large compared to a kids hands XL or an old model 3DS...

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My plan is waiting until Q3 2015 to see if they'll announce the N3DS in North America. If they still haven't announced it by then, I'll just be getting a European N3DS and a Sky3DS.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo of america is thoroughly screwing us over lately, with not nearly enough majoras mask limited edition games or consoles to go around. and now no new 3ds regular size.
i hate the big ones they don't fit in my pockets sure it's nicer for while you're at home but if i'm at home i'm usually not on 3ds anyways.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not yet...I don't think Nintendo is going to pass up on the regular New 3DS model in North America, maybe by end of March 2015.

serenade.63

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet...I don't think Nintendo is going to pass up on the regular New 3DS model in North America, maybe by end of March 2015.

I think they will probably do something like what they did with the 2DS, wait until they think anyone that can afford the XL has purchased an XL then release the cheaper option, in this case the regular variant, in an attempt to squeeze the consumers for everything they are worth.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK changed my prediction to Q2 2015 release for the New 3DS standard model in North America because of the above statement which makes a lot of sense.

AlexaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
They going to release it, believe me. They can make profit by selling various faceplates design and stand charger from it. Who doesn't want money

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, XL models are awful... I'll only get one if Gateway works on them

Otherwise I'll wait until the smaller model is out and if it's not Gateway compatible, I wait until the price drops.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they will probably do something like what they did with the 2DS, wait until they think anyone that can afford the XL has purchased an XL then release the cheaper option, in this case the regular variant, in an attempt to squeeze the consumers for everything they are worth.
they're already charging americans $30 more than japanese, and europeans $100 more i think they're squeezing us enough. if you can import something from another country with fast shipping and still get it cheaper than at your local store then something is seriously wrong in my opinion. imports typically cost more not less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night