No option for BootMii as boot2. Priiloader is the replacement?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by weltall_of_id, Feb 18, 2013.

1. weltall_of_id
    OP

Newcomer weltall_of_id Advanced Member

Greece
    Today I updated some homebrew including the use of hackmii installer. Back then when I first hacked my second Wii, I did not understand that installing BootMii as IOS makes it impossible for it to start without first entering the system menu. I do though have Priiloader, so I was wondering is that is what replaced the ability if BootMii to load at startup. If so then I am doing something wrong, since when I use Priiloader to load BootMii, it returns an error "Error booting BootMii IOS!". Maybe I need to do a full update of my homebrew and hacks.

2. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Wiis manufactured after a certain date have the bug that allows BootMii to be installed as boot2 fixed, that's why you're unable to use that option.

It sounds like something is wrong with your BootMii IOS install. It may have been replaced with a stub by a system update. Updating it should solve the problem.

weltall_of_id likes this.
  3. weltall_of_id
    OP

Newcomer weltall_of_id Advanced Member

Greece
    And it worked just fine, updating everything that is. Thanks for the reply Jdbye. Hopefully no more problems will occur with the hack options I turned on it priiloader.