Hacking No Online after 3DS Hack?

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. Microsoft have had ban wave's, where they ban people for just having their console flashed and connected to internet.
http://www.gamersmint.com/microsoft-starts-new-xbox-360-ban-wave
Well, this is true, but in the whole scheme of things, you still usually (which is what I said last time) only get banned when you cheat, which just brings unneccesary attention to yourself (and you kinda deserve to be banned also). I bet Nintendo will try to ban hacked consoles, but how aggressive will they be? That's the question. Also, will people like yellows8 find the tell tale warnings that are in the console that sends these red flags to ninty, if there are any.

I hope the hackers won't create an ocarina.
If they do want to, make the cheats not to work with online multiplayer.
That a all depends on the developer who made the game. Devs should always code their games with server side variables for such things. Plus there might be actual limits built into the online system, seeing if a weapon/ ability is out of whack.

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of expecting to lose online functionality on the 3DS (Nintendo Network) games and functions, however I wonder if we would lose online functionality on NDS titles (Nintendo WFC). For example, if the hack allows .nds files to be loaded from the SD card OR from the standard use of a regular flashcart.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I woudnt mind losing online capabilities if it allowed 3D emulation of past games, a reasonable tradeof imo.
The games won't be in 3D, just 2D, but they'll actually have enough power to run N64/PSX emulators possibly.

Those 3DS classics are newly coded games. When you slide up the 3D slider they add extra elements that were not in the original game, like the stands and sky in Excite Bike

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the hackers won't create an ocarina.
If they do want to, make the cheats not to work with online multiplayer.

Memory edits, packet based exploits, ect are not the same as cheats that the developer put in there, it depends on how well the game was coded. If the developer left as much as is possible to the server to control, then you should be fine, but if the games are hosted on one person's machine (i don't think any 3ds games do that, but I could be wrong) or if they left the server side then it lets people who have full access to the system run merry hell all over the game. Some companies that are notoriously bad at protecting their games include Nexon/Wizet, Bohemia Interactive + whoever made DayZ and whatever studio made Planetside 2

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You guys think Nintendo can easily check when you go online if your system is hacked?

I'm just scared the homebrew scene will only work if you don't ever update and never be able to play any games online like how the PS3 is experiencing right now.

If this is the case I might consider getting two 3DS. One for homebrew/hacks and one to go online with.

the 3ds is nothing like the ps3, not having online on your 3ds you won't miss much anyway, the only way that would happen if it was custom firmware that you flash to the 3ds.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
but if the games are hosted on one person's machine (i don't think any 3ds games do that, but I could be wrong) or if they left the server side then it lets people who have full access to the system run merry hell all over the game.
I have fun in Borderlands 2 randomly changing jump height when people are connected to me, without warning them first... >X3

Some companies that are notoriously bad at protecting their games include Nexon/Wizet, Bohemia Interactive + whoever made DayZ and whatever studio made Planetside 2
Oh man, I remember once Mabinogi was broken so bad that all the NPCs were dead, then somebody actually made a client hack to let you force conversations with NPCs so that people could still play the game for the week or so the issue was going on for.

mabinogi_2012_01_15_003.jpg

Since NPCs control access to dungeons, and the ability to repair items, and healing, and stuff like that...

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I haven't actually messed around with borderlands 2, I've been having far too much fun playing it the way it was meant to be played but I'll probably take my debugger to it before too long. As far as Nexon goes though, I've done plenty with maplestory specifically and that game is still a mess, they've even stopped trying to effectively patch hacks and use a broken as shit autoban system that regularly triggers on people who are playing legit, it's actually quite funny

Reactions: Thorhian

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I haven't actually messed around with borderlands 2, I've been having far too much fun playing it the way it was meant to be played but I'll probably take my debugger to it before too long. As far as Nexon goes though, I've done plenty with maplestory specifically and that game is still a mess, they've even stopped trying to effectively patch hacks and use a broken as shit autoban system that regularly triggers on people who are playing legit, it's actually quite funny
Lol, Battlefield 3 is pretty bad too. People are demanding modding tools but variables for stuff like bullet bounces and stuff like that are client side XDIts pretty bad. Plus, I don't know if they fixed it yet, but you can crash a server as soon as you login to one. Stupidity of online game design at its finest.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, Battlefield 3 is pretty bad too. People are demanding modding tools but variables for stuff like bullet bounces and stuff like that are client side XDIts pretty bad. Plus, I don't know if they fixed it yet, but you can crash a server as soon as you login to one. Stupidity of online game design at its finest.

Battlefield 3 is only bad because of the way that the game handles lag, it's kind of a tradeoff that I would say still works in the players favor due to the active player moderation and the fact that the game is expensive

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
The games won't be in 3D, just 2D, but they'll actually have enough power to run N64/PSX emulators possibly.

Those 3DS classics are newly coded games. When you slide up the 3D slider they add extra elements that were not in the original game, like the stands and sky in Excite Bike
There was a topic in the hack compilation thread where they were discussing the possiblity of a 3D snes emulator, but yeah I agree that it probably wont be able to run N64/PSXfully in 2D, nevermind 3D.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps anybody interested in creating a cheat engine could disable both wireless and the wireless button whilst cheats are active. That's how I'd do it.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the problem with that is that the people who are capable of cheating in that way (people who know how to make the hacks in the first place) will have little trouble nop'ing whatever is disabling the wireless functionality

Reactions: Rydian

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, it's bound to happen. Whether we see companies like datel start to make products or people who will want to attack or do WHATEVER they want with a cheat engine that they made to kill off an online game, it will most likely happen. It's up to Nintendo to ban cheaters, or developers and their servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs