No Online after 3DS Hack?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DevilZeroX, Jan 31, 2013.

Jan 31, 2013

No Online after 3DS Hack? by DevilZeroX at 8:46 PM (14,323 Views / 0 Likes) 43 replies

1. DevilZeroX
    OP

Newcomer DevilZeroX Member

United States
    You guys think Nintendo can easily check when you go online if your system is hacked?

I'm just scared the homebrew scene will only work if you don't ever update and never be able to play any games online like how the PS3 is experiencing right now.

If this is the case I might consider getting two 3DS. One for homebrew/hacks and one to go online with.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If you mean flash carts, they can't tell if the AP doesn't get tripped, and they present themselves as a legit game anyways.

Flash cart's don't actually modify the 3DS at all, and nobody's been banned for using a flash cart.

3. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    We won't be able to enjoy WFC after hacking our console? That's tragic! :O

Seriously though, it's a matter of weighing the pro's and con's. I didn't really play online very often on my DS, I sincerely doubt that I will on my future 3DS... soo... :tpi:

Sicklyboy likes this.
  4. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    Hmm... when SSB releases that might change.

I remember playing hours and hours of Metroid online...

5. OldClassicGamer

Member OldClassicGamer GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Nintendo cant do anything to 3DS. When 360 is flashed you can still go online and M$ wouldnt know. It is against law to remotly brick consoles plus they dont have ability for it

6. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yup, I'm not giving up N+ because i need online for Pokemon X and Y. Besides I have a another 3DS for future hacks. :)

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  7. DevilZeroX
    OP

Newcomer DevilZeroX Member

United States
    Microsoft bans users that hacked their 360 when they go online. The system gets banned so they can't go online anymore.

8. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    no need to worry op the 3DS wont be hack so dont make any plans

Janthran likes this.
  9. MAXLEMPIRA

Member MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Mexico
    ha, I saw a few of your comments, and I can say, always you're so negative... that's too bad my friend

10. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    They could just force an update that wouldn't boot properly (say, it'd display a line of text mocking the user and then power off). That would effectively brick it, as your normal user does not have the tools to factory-format it and it would no longer play games or anything.

11. dehry

Member dehry GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Even though you don't login, your 3DS has a single online account with Nintendo linked to the serial number. In theory they could just prevent your serial number from accessing the web if they detect the system has been hacked. They can also force an update by releasing a mandatory 1.1 update to a game to access online functions. That requires eShop access and the eShop requires the latest firmware to be accessed. Seeing as the last DSi exploit to be found got patched away easily means that unless you value playing Super Mario World on a handheld over Pokemon X and Y or Smash Brothers online, you won't be using the hack long.

12. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    not if you keep your drive fw up to date and scan rips with abgx, there are plenty of people with flashed drives and odde that can go on live

13. OldClassicGamer

Japan
    BS

I play online with burned discs and this never happened.

14. OldClassicGamer

Japan
    But they cant know if your 3DS played R4

15. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    People are so impatient... We don't know anything about the hack yet

1) We don't know when the hack will be released
    2) We don't know if we will be able to use the hack when they release it
    3) We don't know if the hack will let us play Warez or just homebrew
    4) We don't know if the hack will let us have access to Wi-fi (Sudokuhax/Dsiwarehax didn't let you use Wi-fi for some reason, lack of libs I guess)

16. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I don't think he's being negative, I think by the time the 3DS is hacked, it'll be too late. Even then, I don't want hackers playing online and I hope the 3DS never gets hacked.

Sagat, klim28 and MAXLEMPIRA like this.
  17. MAXLEMPIRA

Member MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Mexico
    Yes, I'm agree with you, it's horrible play with those kind of people.. I hate it, but well, it's the pros and cons of the hack, and wanted or not, it will be hacked by the time...

18. dehry

Member dehry GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They can't detect 1 to 1 burned discs. What they can detect is old firmware and parts that aren't supposed to be there. A lot of the AP detection nowadays says "Hey, let me access this component" and when the flashcart/modchip responds with it, they know it was hacked. It appears that Xbox 360 can detect bad rips of games and will ban you if you are online while playing them. There is a patch you can apply to the iso to get around the detection, but most people don't know how to do that or the bootlegger they bought it from won't bother to apply it.

The hack that is out there for the 3DS is really not that straightforward. The only way to get to it is by buying a retail game(which could even be one of those rare ones out of print already) then buying a save dongle or risking destroying the cartridge by taking it out of its casing(static electricity) or breaking off the tab(some people don't know about files) and sticking it into a DS to change the save. Not to mention the previous thing about a patch by Nintendo. The DSi hacking scene didn't ever get around to custom firmware and fell apart after the first patch by Nintendo.

19. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    You can go online with a hacked PS3 *and* 360 (and Wii, PSP, etc). The problem is you risk getting banned on any modified console no matter how stealthy you are.

20. Thorhian

Member Thorhian My CPU's prefer Water

United States
    In all reality, you USUALLY don't get caught unless your cheating online with your hack. Am I right?