Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiMoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the big mojo here?

I did update from 3.2U to 4.0U and I can do most of the things I did on 3.2U...

Except for the SoftMii Wii Skin Change, but even preloader works...

Not big deal, just wait for another SoftMii....

I'm ok with the 4.0U and SD/SDHC Menu support
biggrin.gif

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
This may be a joke topic but he makes a decent point, 4.0 is a risk not worth taking.
That whole playing WiiWare games from an SD card is BS and we all know it, so just keep all your damn WiiWare games on one SDHC Card, HBC supports them just fine it seems, i use a 4GB one for ROMs, and only have one WiiWare WAD installed at a time in the system, it's what 4.0 does anyway, except instead of a console interface you get pretty pictures with theirs.

4.0 is BS and not worth the risk even if that risk is minimal.
3.2 ftw IMO

How is playing WiiWare from SD bs, exactly? Launching a game from the SD menu is MUCH faster than loading Wad Manager, installing the wad you want to play, returning to the system menu, then playing (especially if you needed to UNinstall another wad to make room first). Even the temporary loading into NAND is much faster than the wad manager install itself, minus all the other steps. It's also faster than installing an officially purchased WiiWare game from SD via 3.X. No matter how you look at it, if you've got a lot of WiiWare that you play often, 4.0 is the winner hands down, by far. Sure, skip it if you only want to play 1 game at a time, as you do. And with Preloader installed, 4.0 has just as much brick protection as 3.2, so what's this 'risk' you speak of?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
imapterodactyl said:
Shinigami Kiba said:
This may be a joke topic but he makes a decent point, 4.0 is a risk not worth taking.
That whole playing WiiWare games from an SD card is BS and we all know it, so just keep all your damn WiiWare games on one SDHC Card, HBC supports them just fine it seems, i use a 4GB one for ROMs, and only have one WiiWare WAD installed at a time in the system, it's what 4.0 does anyway, except instead of a console interface you get pretty pictures with theirs.

4.0 is BS and not worth the risk even if that risk is minimal.
3.2 ftw IMO

How is playing WiiWare from SD bs, exactly? Launching a game from the SD menu is MUCH faster than loading Wad Manager, installing the wad you want to play, returning to the system menu, then playing (especially if you needed to UNinstall another wad to make room first). Even the temporary loading into NAND is much faster than the wad manager install itself, minus all the other steps. It's also faster than installing an officially purchased WiiWare game from SD via 3.X. No matter how you look at it, if you've got a lot of WiiWare that you play often, 4.0 is the winner hands down, by far. Sure, skip it if you only want to play 1 game at a time, as you do. And with Preloader installed, 4.0 has just as much brick protection as 3.2, so what's this 'risk' you speak of?

exactly what i said a few above XD great minds think alike
tongue.gif

so everyone here has a great mind except for those odd few strange people... bullshit indeed... its clearly better if you play alot of wiiware and VC!

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpAM_CAN said:
Its just a load of bull really. I see what you are trying to say, but as Marcan said in the link above, it on IOSes which are easily hacked. Unbelievably easy to hack, stupidly patched together, and just dumb.
Besides, we already have SD loading so why bother?

The Wii is nearly our b*tch, and Nintendo will not get it back from us.
Much like the Xbox, Nintendo should give up on trying; they will never win.

hahahaah!

This thread is great. It feels good to be part of the Wii scene.
smile.gif

http://hackmii.com/2009/02/why-the-wii-wil...get-any-better/ = Great read!

Suck it Nintendo.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
why not just let people do what they want ?
why is it so importantt for you that NOBODY updates to 4.0 ?
this thread is ridiculous

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All this thread is doing is inciting flames. I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up