No More Heroes Going Multi-Platform after Desperate Struggle!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nomoreheroesqjgenth.jpg

No More Heroes for Xbox 360 and/or Playstation 3 confirmed?

QUOTE said:
If Suda 51 would want to make No More Heroes a bigger franchise, then they'll have to find another console other than the Wii. At least this is what Grasshopper Manufacturer CEO Goichi Suda says of their plans for evolving the franchise.

"I really want to make NMH a big franchise and with this second episode have bigger success. I'm putting a lot of care into developing this IP, as I feel there's a lot of potential," he said. The thing is, although the Wii does reign supreme on practically all charts reports there are out there to date, the core market is struggling on the Wii platform.

That is why for their latest iteration, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, this would mark the end of the NMH games roaming free on the Wii. "I think this is the last NMH that is going to be developed on Wii. To expand NMH to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platform, but we've done everything we can with it now."

News Source: Wii.QJ.net

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This news was already posted. And as long as it also has Wii versions, I'm happy. The game is one of the best I've played in a while but seems to be ignored. It can be quite hard to bring a hardcore, violent, M-rated title to the family-friendly Wii. Seeing it on the Xbox and see a rise in popularity would be great for the series.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
is it multi platform or changing platforms?

well, bye bye NMH, you will probably be well received by the "core" bullshitters

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I wonder if Suda realises that if he wants to release a game on the 360/PS3, he'll probably have to update his art style, otherwise "core" gamers won't like it because it isn't ultrarealistic.

I really hope Suda doesn't drop the cel shaded sytle though, it's pretty much always been his thing.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Domination said:
If it uses Natal, it would be hilarious.
That would be retarded too. Looks like NMH2 is going to be Wii exclusive and after that it will be a multiplatform franchise. It's just going to wind up being a GTA clone though without the Wii controls, similar sandbox concept just with different art and stuff. It doesn't help though that the game got absolutely jack all for marketing on TV, at least not much at all here in Canada and could have sold so much better were it actually getting TV time over the shitty Wii Fit commercials and all of the soccer mom type games. Also, there was probably pressure from the publisher to make it more profitable in the future, which is why it would go multiplatform.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's like Nintendo is a guy getting ditched by a girl who wants an open relationship, Suda being the girl. Anyway, what Law was saying about Suda dropping his art style, I doubt that'll happen. I remember hearing of the gameplay being erratic on the Wii version of No More Heroes. If they do start making the game on PS3 and 360, it won't have that same problem, and imagine how smoothly the game would play. Anyway, I'm excited for this. Never got to play either of the No More Heroes games. Too bad the Wii isn't more powerful.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There was never anything wrong with No More Heroes on the Wii, it just could have been so much better had Suda not jacked around with the game and put in gimmick additions and just made the sword controls fluid motion instead of limiting which way your weapon goes since you basically get only a few different motions of attacks instead of being able to attack in whatever direction you swing the Wiimote. Plus the gameplay is pretty linear and repetitive, each mission involves you killing a whole slew of guys in one area and then fighting the boss assassin who is ranked above you, until you have killed all of them. Aside from each boss having some form of unique ability, the game is highly generic and repetitive in terms of gameplay and I thought it could have been so much better then it was.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet if NMH2 did well on the Wii and used MotionPlus controls they would probably release another for the Wii.
It might be a little weird seeing the game forego motion controls for better graphics, but hopefully it'll still be fun in the end.

The first NMH could have been alot better though. I think that's apart of why it didn't sell well.
Not cause WiiFit was a big cash cow. Though releasing at the same time would hurt any game.
Still, NMH could have had alot more polish, the Wii is definitly more capable and the overall gameplay was kinda empty. The overworld was ghostlike, minigames gave you more cash but gold medals had no point, enemies would be far and few between and never put up much challenge, side quests would be too hard and gold medals still pointless in those too, plus a story that ended on a cliff hanger of sorts and kicked all sense it made at first in the face.
Though without a cool bike and the insane bosses and story the core gamers would probably never care about it. It would just be a generic bloody hack n slash otherwise.
Over all the game kinda felt like a visual novel in alot of ways to me.
Just with some hack n slashing between story elements. Oh and odd minigames...

So ya, my point is they coulda done alot better and they only have themselves to blame.
NMH2 should be getting alot more notice so I hope they really polish it up this time.
Perhaps I might pre-order this one too.
Oh and lets not forget how Ubisoft tottally jipped us on a cool comic in the US package. Cheap losers.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
The first NMH could have been alot better though. I think that's apart of why it didn't sell well.

Seriously???? Really??? We all know the hardcore gamers pirated it and did not bother to buy it. C'mon!! Stop blaming the game.

The same thing will happen to NMH2...

Hopefully the 360 owners and PS3 owners will appreciate it more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative