Hacking No More Heroes 2: Error 1208

FPSDars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this game to work. It briefly ran when I was on cIOS Rev17 (it got stuck at a disc could not be read screen) so I upgraded to Rev19.

Whenever I load it up in the latest R9 version of Neogamma, I get a 1208 error.
I burned the game at 4x on a DVD-R, like all my other burns and those work just fine. What am I doing wrong?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
try a different loader and or you may need to update a certain ios.
Ya you might as well update to r20... or honestly, if rev17 worked for you there is no harm in reinstalling rev17. Rev20 can install over any slot, so if you install r17 it will go over slots 249 and 250, but you could delete 250 and install r20 on that one. That's what I have done and I have had full compatibility with all games through USB as well as NAND emu working cuz I have r17.

ryu00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you are running from disc try Uloader by hermes, dunno why it just seems to give me greater compatibility, and if that fails try burning the game again, theres always the chance of an occasional bad burn.

FPSDars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uloader didn't work, gave me a -2 error. It's not a bad burn, I've burned this thing 3 different times and they all get the same error.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FPSDars said:
I can't seem to get this game to work. It briefly ran when I was on cIOS Rev17 (it got stuck at a disc could not be read screen) so I upgraded to Rev19.

I burned the game at 4x on a DVD-R, like all my other burns and those work just fine. What am I doing wrong?

It worked once, now it doesn't and other disc games still work? Either bad burn, or your drive is dying! And i say both, because the bad burns killed your drive over the time.

Only use high quality media, a good burner and at least 4x burn speed, never slower.

FPSDars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
FPSDars said:

It worked once, now it doesn't and other disc games still work? Either bad burn, or your drive is dying! And i say both, because the bad burns killed your drive over the time.

Only use high quality media, a good burner and at least 4x burn speed, never slower.
I'm sure it's not a bad burn, as I burned it the same as all my other games, and those still work just fine (4x speed, TDK DVD-R).

Edit: I think I've got something. When I try using the final R8 version of Neogamma, it reads the disc, but it leads to the games "disc cannot be read" screen. I'm gonna try running with R8 and CIOS 20 instead of 17 and see what happens.

Super Edit: Nope. Using R8 with CIOS20 just got my a 1167 error. Back to the drawing board.

liewhl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
as I burned it the same as all my other games, and those still work just fine (

this mean u backup loader is working, so is not the problem with ur softmode.

the problem may only lie in ur disk or u downloaded a bad dump.

try burning another one or redownload from another source

FPSDars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you might be right, liewhl.

I just burned a World at War disc, works just fine. I did download NMH2 from 2 different sources, but both must've been bad iso's out of some coincidence.

Edit: Confirmed, it was a bad iso. Thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
    RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer: man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake