No More Heroes 2: Error 1208

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by FPSDars, Aug 23, 2010.

Aug 23, 2010

No More Heroes 2: Error 1208 by FPSDars at 8:26 PM (2,604 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. FPSDars
    OP

Newcomer FPSDars Member

United States
    I can't seem to get this game to work. It briefly ran when I was on cIOS Rev17 (it got stuck at a disc could not be read screen) so I upgraded to Rev19.

Whenever I load it up in the latest R9 version of Neogamma, I get a 1208 error.
    I burned the game at 4x on a DVD-R, like all my other burns and those work just fine. What am I doing wrong?

2. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    try a different loader and or you may need to update a certain ios.

3. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ya you might as well update to r20... or honestly, if rev17 worked for you there is no harm in reinstalling rev17. Rev20 can install over any slot, so if you install r17 it will go over slots 249 and 250, but you could delete 250 and install r20 on that one. That's what I have done and I have had full compatibility with all games through USB as well as NAND emu working cuz I have r17.

4. FPSDars
    OP

Newcomer FPSDars Member

United States
    I installed Rev20 on both 249 and 250, still getting the same error.

5. ryu00

Newcomer ryu00 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    if you are running from disc try Uloader by hermes, dunno why it just seems to give me greater compatibility, and if that fails try burning the game again, theres always the chance of an occasional bad burn.

6. FPSDars
    OP

Newcomer FPSDars Member

United States
    Uloader didn't work, gave me a -2 error. It's not a bad burn, I've burned this thing 3 different times and they all get the same error.

7. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Try burn it at a higher speed.

8. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    It worked once, now it doesn't and other disc games still work? Either bad burn, or your drive is dying! And i say both, because the bad burns killed your drive over the time.

Only use high quality media, a good burner and at least 4x burn speed, never slower.

9. FPSDars
    OP

Newcomer FPSDars Member

United States
    I'm sure it's not a bad burn, as I burned it the same as all my other games, and those still work just fine (4x speed, TDK DVD-R).

Edit: I think I've got something. When I try using the final R8 version of Neogamma, it reads the disc, but it leads to the games "disc cannot be read" screen. I'm gonna try running with R8 and CIOS 20 instead of 17 and see what happens.

Super Edit: Nope. Using R8 with CIOS20 just got my a 1167 error. Back to the drawing board.

10. liewhl

Newcomer liewhl Member

United States
    this mean u backup loader is working, so is not the problem with ur softmode.

the problem may only lie in ur disk or u downloaded a bad dump.

try burning another one or redownload from another source

11. FPSDars
    OP

Newcomer FPSDars Member

United States
    I think you might be right, liewhl.

I just burned a World at War disc, works just fine. I did download NMH2 from 2 different sources, but both must've been bad iso's out of some coincidence.

Edit: Confirmed, it was a bad iso. Thanks guys!