Gaming NO MicroSD works in computer.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
story: A while back, I had a Kingston MicroSD that I got from ShopTemp back in April, and it worked perfectly. Back in January, I took off all of my games, and I put on episodes of a TV show on there. As I was doing that, the MicroSD just disconnected. I thought, huh, weird. Now that MicroSD doesn't work. I can put it in cell phones, and they'll pick up on it, but not in my Computer or my parents computer or my friends computer. All with different adapters.

I get a new MicroSD today, brand new, unopened. Plugged it into the USB reader I got with my R4 back in November from ShopTemp, it makes the "bidoop" sound, but it doesn't connect. Again, same thing with my parents computer. Bidoop, but it doesn't pick up on it. I tried with a different adapter, nothing.

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? I've tried with all of my adapters, and even my friend's adapter on his computer which works just fine, but it's my stuff that isn't working.

Is there an option or something I unclicked or need to update something or what.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say install this and plug in your microSD to the computer. Run this and IF it finds it, format it with this program. Works for Hard Drives too.
(I said IF cause your SD slot might have went bad)

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't pick up on it. Which is weird though, because the MicroSD USB 2.0 adapter is blinking red.

And in case you're wondering, this is the USB Adapter:
edit: The AutoPlay just popped up, was doing the searching thing, but it wasn't showing anything. And it just disappeared.
How-To-fix-the-R4-MicroSD-adapter.jpg

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly try a different MicroSD reader... I have thrown away about 3 of those so far and I am down to my last working one out of the batch that came with the cards I have bought.

They would all do almost exactly what you describe.

I too thought the SD cards went bad and even purchased more, as it turned out the cards that I thought where dead where only corrupted and the readers where the fault.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll try. They work in my older sisters cell phone. I was even able to format it in her phone. I'll see if they work in my digital camera.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The MicroSD -> USB adaptors that comes with flashcarts are infamously bad quality and can die in as little as 3 days from purchase. I've found the safest method to use has always been MicroSD -> SD adaptor and using a USB SD card reader.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Tried that too, doesn't work. I'm following this tutorial:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-fix...up-the-adapter/

But it's hard taking it apart.
You may want to trouble shoot the microSD card first. If it can be formatted with another device and have information stored on it, like a song from a phone for example. Then there's a good chance the microSD card is fine. It's just getting a computer to read it.
Could be:
MicroSD card going bad
Adapter (Most likely as Originallity said, they are pretty bad quality for the most part)

-I'd say try it in a digital camera, format it with the camera, take a random picture of anything and see if your computer will read it.
Then see if a second computer will read it.

Sounds like the Adapter to me. USB-anything can break easily if moved wrong. I've had that happen to a few flash drives on me
laugh.gif

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the MicroSD I got from ShopTemp last april doesn't work. I put it in the digital camera with the adapter, card problem. Wouldn't even format. I'm a bit scared to try the new one.

Fuck this pisses me off. My XL is collecting dust same with my Acekard because of a fucking R4 adapter breaking every fucking thing.

Awesome, even the new one isn't working. I'm not going to attempt any more shit until I get a new microSD adapter, whenever that will be.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was able to get the Kingston one working. Well, it's writing stuff to the card. All I did was take a Bic click pencil (white eraser), and I erased the contacts on the MicroSD, and on the Adapter. Then I put the adapter in another Adapter (multi-card reader) which plugs into USB, and the computer picked up on it. It didn't do autoplay though. But my computer is writing files to it.

One question though, I have another MicroSD that's a sandisk. Can I put that in my MicroSD card adapter which is a kingston?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you can do that.

Also, you can pick up a cheap-o Targus SD Card reader from Target or Best Buy or Office Depot. I've had mine for years without issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm