Hacking [No longer maintained] RajNX - starter pack for Nintendo Switch

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've lost all of my games and I have to redownload all 200 of them... The nand backup I had was about two months ago... sucks man...

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I could think of would be an issue with software voltages, but I'm pretty sure this just patches the system so I can shouldn't be that.
All it takes is just a little tiny ball of solder flying off and touching the wrong spot inside the switch to fuck everything up. It makes no sense that he wouldn't be able to restore his nand, unless there was a tiny solder ball touching something it isn't supposed to touch.

fOmey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you fucking kidding me? Can we go for a month without someone making people brick? I knew this thread was awful since the beginning. OP was being extremely rude to people who questioned this silly "starter pack". I'm not surprised it bricks people. I'm just disappointed.
Don't blindly assume the pack was the cause of the brick.. This is the first report of a "brick" caused by this pack, just because he was running this pack at the time doesn't mean it was the cause.

Faulty dock? Poor soldering job? faulty SwitchMe module? I see a lot of room for error here and more obvious causes for a brick.

EDIT: I will say, I respect and appreciate all the work evil does... but assuming and blaming this pack being the cause of a brick is a weak claim, especially seeing that majority of the contents included in the pack is bundled from the following:
OP said:
Binaries contained in this release can be generated by compiling the following repositories:
Hekate fork : https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate/tree/rajnx
Atmosphere fork: https://github.com/rajkosto/Atmosphere/tree/rajnx
hbloader: https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbloader
hbmenu: https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbmenu
Tinfoil: https://github.com/Adubbz/Tinfoil

Last edited by fOmey,

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't encourage people to ignore brick warnings. If someone did the same for one of my packs, I'd be furious. I'm sure Raj will fix it once he gets on, but in the meantime, don't be introducing doubt, what if more people just discount this and it bricks their system, too?

Idk maybe the brick is because the non official dock or power source? You know there's some docks that fuck usb c power from NS

Last edited by raphamotta,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how the author never released their source code (they never shared their modifications, only pointed to the repos they forked). Makes lots of sense now.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Funny how the author never released their source code (they never shared their modifications, only pointed to the repos they forked). Makes lots of sense now.
Holy shit I didn't even know it was just a compilation of binaries, no wonder it was renamed a starter pack. What a dunce.

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time to audit RajNX's git for secret brick code. He probably implemented it because his reputation is already in shambles, and he wanted a final "fuck you" to people who pirate games. "T- This'll teach them for not using my useless signature patches!! F- Fuck Rei!!!"

So he could've bricked a lot of switches that used his ChoiDujour and ChoiDujourNX program while re-writing the nand, but he decides to brick them now with a CFW??? And why is the only report of a brick coming from the people that are testing out their own chip?

Last edited by efxonly123,

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raj, what are you saying? Look at the updates on the guys twitter.. just fix this damn brick please...
I'm not Raj, if I was I'm pretty sure I would do a better job at trying to appear less biased. Also, if I was, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have argued with myself about the necessity of XCI support .

Why you aren't blaming the hardware hack that Evil tested and developed on his own Switch as opposed to the CFW pack that shares 99.9% of the same code with every other CFW in use is beyond me.

EDIT: I would like to formally apologize for my previous incindiary posts, they were non-constructive and only served to galvanized the Cult-of-Rei. My bad. I genuinely hope Evil's issue is determined, and I wish Raj was here now to help shed some light on the situation.

Last edited by SaffronXL, , Reason: Humility

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not again this damn CFW war. Rei and Raj are very skillful guys (girls?) and both have very nice CFW.

Truth be told, everyone here uses Raj's tools like ChoiDujourNX. And everyone here also uses ReiNX because it's cool and have a nice anime girl.

Anyway, can't believe RajNX or ReiNX can brick a NS.

So he could've bricked a lot of switches that used his ChoiDujour and ChoiDujourNX program while re-writing the nand, but he decides to brick them now with a CFW??? And why is the only report of a brick coming from the people that are testing out their own chip?

This. Raj made a lot of tool, as Rei did too (rommenu). If there was a brick it was unintentionally (I think )

Reactions: rich6619

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I would like to formally apologize for my previous incindiary posts, they were non-constructive and only served to galvanized the Cult-of-Rei. My bad. I genuinely hope Evil's issue is determined, and I wish Raj was here now to help shed some light on the situation.
calling us a cult is pretty incendiary, dude
i mean, i've spent half this thread telling people to use the damn thing and now it's bricking things
there might be people who i told to use rajnx who fucked their consoles
i... i don't like this at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password