Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fan will always turn on. Even if the Wii is bricked, it will still run.

Unless the fan is defective or the power connection port the fan uses stops working for some reason.

You could always get a case mod that has LEDs. The LEDs' plug gets directly connected into the outlet that the fan plugs into, and then the fan gets plugged into the LEDs.

If the led lights are on, the fan is on. If the lights dont turn on, the fan doesnt turn on.

So you can basically tell just by looking whether or not the fan is running.

It also looks good in the dark.

n538333417_972006_9181.jpg

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The fan isn't very powerful, but putting my hand near the back of the Wii I could feel the same light breeze at all times when the Wii is on. I think it's just hard wired into the system: system on = fan on, system standby/off = fan off.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
The fan isn't very powerful, but putting my hand near the back of the Wii I could feel the same light breeze at all times when the Wii is on. I think it's just hard wired into the system: system on = fan on, system standby/off = fan off.

Even if the fan was powerful, you wouldnt hear it.

Look at PC fans, those are silent.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Hooya said:

Are you sure about that? My old PC's fan would turn on randomly all the time, and it was as loud as HELL!

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Forget about it, using USB Loaders is good for the Wii.
The fan circuitry IS always on. There is no relation to any software i.e. USB Loaders.
Any additional hot-air-moving would be done by spinning a disc in the drive, but using the DVD drive produces more heat than it would dissipate, so it is useless.
Unless you are using the Wii to power the harddrive, USB Loaders are a good way to keep the system´s temperature down and lengthen the lifespan of the Wii. Optical drives in general are degrading through usage.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiThoko said:
Tichinde925 said:
Hooya said:

Are you sure about that? My old PC's fan would turn on randomly all the time, and it was as loud as HELL!

Im not talking about the old PC fans. I meant the current ones. Those are silent.

Of course, setting the fan to max rpm would cause it to be loud though thats not necessary unless your're doing some serious overclocking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass