Hacking No image after launching bootmii

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I had just used bluebomb to salvage my banner bricked Wii. I succeeded (though i still couldn't acess the system menu because I hadn't found the problem title yet). So I installed priiloader and bootmii as ios. Worked fine until I replaced a certain file in my bootmii folder in my sd card. (file that replaced the original is attached) Then I tried launching bootmii to backup my nand. it said something like "ohai world" then just did nothing. I turned off my Wii and when I tried to turn it back on, no image. Wii doesn't even try to pull discs in anymore. I can hear the hard drive spinning. And it's not the cables, either. I tried them with another Wii right after this and it worked fine.

Attachments

• file.zip
    37.5 KB · Views: 130

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so you're saying that after trying to launch bootmii, your Wii now doesn't load even with the SD card removed entirely from the console? Priiloader isn't accessible either?
Correct. I get no image, no anything. If I put a disc in it spins the disc but nothing else.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I had just used bluebomb to salvage my banner bricked Wii. I succeeded (though i still couldn't acess the system menu because I hadn't found the problem title yet). So I installed priiloader and bootmii as ios. Worked fine until I replaced a certain file in my bootmii folder in my sd card. (file that replaced the original is attached) Then I tried launching bootmii to backup my nand. it said something like "ohai world" then just did nothing. I turned off my Wii and when I tried to turn it back on, no image. Wii doesn't even try to pull discs in anymore. I can hear the hard drive spinning. And it's not the cables, either. I tried them with another Wii right after this and it worked fine.
Where did you find this payload? Sounds like you found some random malware. Who told you to run a random file you found on the Internet?
Anyway, first of all you need to restore the original Bootmii files, that one obviously isn't going to work.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Stealphie

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Where did you find this payload? Sounds like you found some random malware. Who told you to run a random file you found on the Internet?
Anyway, first of all you need to restore the original Bootmii files, that one obviously isn't going to work.
Can you give me a link for the original bootmii files? thanks

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
also btw i have bootmii as ios
That is good but in your Case unfortunately not really helpful....:(

Installed as Boot2 is the safest Way but unfortuately your Wii does not supported it..
If you put the BootMii Files on the SD Card and put in in your Wii,it should start BootMii.

So Priiloader leaves as only Hope.Can you still access it ?
Press and Hold RESET on your Wii when you powering it on please.

Good Luck.:)

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is good but in your Case unfortunately not really helpful....:(

Installed as Boot2 is the safest Way but unfortuately your Wii does not supported it..
If you put the BootMii Files on the SD Card and put in in your Wii,it should start BootMii.

So Priiloader leaves as only Hope.Can you still access it ?
Press and Hold RESET on your Wii when you powering it on please.

Good Luck.:)
Priiloader doesn't work,and where are the Bootmii ios files in ModMii? i installed the app but i have no idea where they are.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
start modmii classic, go to download page 2, and enter "bsd" for bootmii sd files (iirc), then "d" download, etc.

edit: or manually download from here:
http://static.hackmii.com/bootmii_sd_files.zip

edit2: the bootmii sd files are great if you have bootmii installed to boot2, but I thought you didn't. Without bootmii boot2 or priiloader these files won't help you. If your wii isn't booting the system menu anymore because u tried to launch some random payload, then u took the files off the SD, and u still can't access the system menu, whatever you ran may have borked up your system somehow

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: Alexander1970

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
also btw i have bootmii as ios
Ah, in that case, it should be able to boot regardless of what bootmii files are used.
I think at this point the only way to fix it is with a NAND backup and a hardware flasher (NAND backup can be generated from the keys if you lack one though)
But seeing as Wiis are so dirt cheap, it's hardly worth the money paying someone to solder a hardware flasher (plus they are a bit pricy even if you install it yourself)

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1