Hardware No HDMI signal after dock replacement mod

Galebourn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello there, I hope I'm making this thread in the right forums.
Yesterday, I decided to change the shell of my dock. The replacement shell is the same one as the one in this video:

I tried to be as careful as possible, so I think I didn't break anything. The light of the dock turns on and when I put the Switch on top of the Type-C connector, it will charge. As soon as I also plug in the HDMI cable, the Switch screen turns black (like it should) and it seems to go into docked mode.
However, I don't see anything on my TV. I thought maybe it's not because of my mod, because I read some threads online, with people having the same problem with their original docks. Their fix was to first plug in the power adapter and THEN the hdmi cable, but that didn't work at all.

Any idea what could cause this problem?

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, I hope I'm making this thread in the right forums.
Yesterday, I decided to change the shell of my dock. The replacement shell is the same one as the one in this video:

I tried to be as careful as possible, so I think I didn't break anything. The light of the dock turns on and when I put the Switch on top of the Type-C connector, it will charge. As soon as I also plug in the HDMI cable, the Switch screen turns black (like it should) and it seems to go into docked mode.
However, I don't see anything on my TV. I thought maybe it's not because of my mod, because I read some threads online, with people having the same problem with their original docks. Their fix was to first plug in the power adapter and THEN the hdmi cable, but that didn't work at all.

Any idea what could cause this problem?

check the ribbon cable on both ends for damage

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- Unplug / replug everything (detach all the accessories and connect them again) and try it if fixed the issue.
2- Turn off your switch then turn it on try if it works.
3- Charge your switch fully and try again if it works.
4- Try another dock.
5- try another switch in that dock.
6- try another power adapter.
7- Try another TV.
8- try a new HDMI cable.
9- try pushing the power button when docked.
10- try to plug everything HDMI and power adapter then dock your switch.

If you tried most of those suggestions you'll either fix your issues or know for sure it's your dock, if the later what I suggest is you disassemble it again then assemble it and make sure all is in place, you can also dock your switch it's connected to TV ( everything on and dock is dissembled and then with rubber gloves try to slightlymove the cables and connectors in that dock and also push the switch power button from time to time and see if moving the dock cables gives you anything on the TV).

Finally just an advice, if you don't have experience assembling and disassembling electronics then those skins aren't worth it, I broke many things opening them even following a tutorial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: