Homebrew No$gba soul silver "rom-image" crashing

Techs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iv already played soul silver on my DS, got to the 5th badge and all that jazz. but my battery died whilst i was at college, so loaded it onto my laptop to play using no$gba. iv put in all the right settings and everything butwhen i load up my save off my DS it just gives me the "the rom-image has crashed" screen, i have patched it and i am also using the cheat codes aswell but still nothing. any ideas?

SuperBlargh9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason No$GBa crashes after saving in Ecruteak.

To prevent the game from crashing, as soon as the '**** saved the game', close or reset the emulator, that way you'll be able to progress through the game.

Void Moon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SuperBlargh9 said:
For some reason No$GBa crashes after saving in Ecruteak.

To prevent the game from crashing, as soon as the '**** saved the game', close or reset the emulator, that way you'll be able to progress through the game.

I did this but it crashes when I try to reopen it now.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
loading the game from bios and firmware should help
at least it works for me
smile.gif

but don't ask me HOW and WHERE (is illegal)

Gearhead31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes using BIOS thing illegal? I have the same problem and i need help. if you won't tell me ow to do it, can you at least send me a link download for the N$gba emulator pre-set up to work for heartgold/soulsilver?

xgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The same problem here... I wrote this in an other thread:

I both have cards and emulators, I really love when things work as I want them to do...

The code helped me and I'm able to get past the black screen in the beginning and also save my game.

Though I have one problem, I've been playing Soul Silver for quiet a while now on my Cyclo DS Evolution, beat 8 gyms. Now I want to import my save into the emulator. Previously it always worked fine with D/P/Pt and I can import my SS-save into DeSmuMe-emulator and back again.

When I start a new SS-save on NO$GBA, play a bit, save, turn off the emulator and turn it on again, I'm able to load my save. But if I replace the save file with my save from my Cyclo DS, a save that is exactly the same name, file type and file size (.SAV, 512 kB), I can't load it properly. I see the save on the bottom screen but when I try to load it the ROM crashes.

It's a bit weird though,

* I tried to start a game on NO$GBA and save after 1 minute gameplay or so - everything worked, I could turn on and off the emulator and my save always worked to load and stuff.
* Then I took the save and copied it to my Cyclo DS Evolution, I was able to continue there. I was also able to save and load without problems.
* So then I tried to copy the file back into NO$GBA again, and it worked, I was able to load my save that I just played on my Cyclo DS Evolution.

Well, for some reason that worked, but I still can't load my other save (the one that I played on my Cyclo DS for a long time)... :wtf:

HELP...?
wacko.gif

EDIT:

I checked some older saves that I had and it seems to be true; saves from Ecruteak City and forward can't be loaded on NO$GBA, at least I can't... >_>

jdmagtibay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always close the no$gba everytime is save when the sentence "jeff save the game." but it started crashing at ecruteak city. i tried to patch my rom with rudolph patch but it does not work. help

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
For Desmume version 0.96 or later (wait for 0.97 soon), open the games and then follow this command.

File => Import Backup Memory

Find the SAV file for No$gba available on BATTERY folder and Click OK.

Next, reset the games (Ctrl R) and enjoy the Pokemon games.
smile.gif

Chaisee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SOLUTION FOUND

So, I had the same problem of above mentioned and i have a solution. For those who havent caught sudowoodo this is ideal. Simply use desmume to capture sudowoodo and save on a different route. Take the save from Desmume and change the .dsv to .SAV for nogba and you can continue and be able to save without crashing.

I hate desmume because the speed is inconsistent, but if u like it, use it. It doesn't freeze or crash like nogba does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!