No$GBA method to play most games!

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
I am, I thought they were refering to up and down not working on a keyboard as a result with the conflict of a gamepad being enabled, didnt read anything on anyone mentioning problems with getting the gamepad to actually work or set up... guess I will have another look =/

lutomes

Trophies
Website
www.lutomes.com
XP
Country
I tried using a snespad (ive got one wired up) but when I try to install the driver it just says some "memory messed up" error and crashes.

Hopefully that will get fixed up in a new version or something.

[edit]
Just though I would mention that it does work as a joypad using ntpad drivers. And it works as a joypad fine - except for the up/down errors that everyone is having. Maybe thats what messes up the snespad nocash driver.

[edit2]
I also noticed that the joypad setup is for player 1 only. You cant enable it seperately for player 2. Its a shame though, and like I said hopefully will get improved on in the next version.

ACaed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame Forgotten isn't working on VBA anymore. Can you imagine the link capability of no$gba with the compatibility of VBA? Tis a shame indeed...

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No$gba has pretty good compatibility, nearly as good as VBA.
I would prefer VBA to have link because of all it's features, (like zip support) and all my saves are for it.

Go to http://work.typo3.work.de/nocash/gba.htm to see it's official site.

I found this very interesting:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supporting the no$gba project
If somebody would like to help me on the nocash project, here's a list of some things that'd be useful to me:
- a SP console (the GBA with backlight)
- a DS console (the new gameboy with two screens)
- technical DS programming specifications
- a game cartridge with FLASH backup memory (a real cartridge, not a rom-image)
- bug reports (detailed info please: say what does not work in which situations)
And, someone doing support for no$gba freeware users - if somebody would want to reply questions per email would be great, or if somebody would run a no$gba forum on his server - something that helps people whom want to use no$gba without knowing anything about computers...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this person has interest in the DS... hmm... looks like some news for the DS section. Seems that DS emulation is now very likely to come true.

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look at a previous post by Costello, the one with *cough* *cough* in it.

The bios is ESSENTIAL to play linked games. If you don't have it DBZ Supersonic warriors, Zelda Four Swords, and many other games will not work. The emulator will just crash.

You NEED the bios.

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could someone post a list of multiplayer GBA games?

I found some very interesting information at another topic about this. It is possible to transfer VBA file saves to No$gba

To get save games from VBA to work, rename the .sav file to the name of the
rom and drop it into the BATTERY dir of No$GBA, to use it also on player 2 copy it and give it the extention .sv2 example V-MONRA2.SAV and V-MONRA2.SV2.

KrAjO720

KrAjO720!!!...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
this is i think one of the best news about gba emulation... anyway, its the first one, and i think its working near perfect to be the first one... maybe this things will be corrected in the future... for now, going to play multiplayer:D

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
this is the best news since the first working gba emulator came out! im so excited to play super sonic warriors, i like the jap ver over the US one. im so happy!!! i still cant believe it!!!
Forgotten has been kicked out the top1 spot by Martin Korth.

Yokimari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fourswordsglory.JPG

biggrin.gif
Slow but yay

Dark_Lord Malik

Proud Pakistani
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Yay! But I Have one question that can i transfer The Data from Golden Sun 1 To Golden Sun 2? I cannot use the password feature cuz the passwords are too big and i want to have my save transfered too golden sun 2 not a password.

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can remember many people thinking of themselves they are the all knowing when Zelda came out they said about GBA emulators: It will NEVVVER EVER WORK playing zelda because multiplayer will never work. To all of them: HAAAA HAAAAAAA
tongue.gif
!!

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay! But I Have one question that can i transfer The Data from Golden Sun 1 To Golden Sun 2? I cannot use the password feature cuz the passwords are too big and i want to have my save transfered too golden sun 2 not a password.
No, because you can only link games that are exactly the same.
So, for example, Pokemon Sapphire can't link to Pokemon Ruby.

Just use the password, it's the exact same thing, all your stats will be transfered.

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to play it with one keyboard? Or is/will it be possible to connect through the internet via IP in the future?
You could use gamepads, and the keyboard.

The creator of No$gba has not said anything about adding LAN, or internet support. It may be added in the future, or it may not be.
Nobody knows.

Also I found out the key to speed up the game, like in VBA. Press the + key on the number pad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4