Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
anyone tried it with pokemon Yet?
Yes, I'm doing it but I still can't make my save made in VBA to work in No$. Anyway I tried to emulate two pokemon ruby linked and it works. I can't tell if it works in the pokemon center too because not having the sav the game starts from beginning. Youkai is helping me with this one.

|Wolf|

Lord of the Wolves
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
very nice emulator
smile.gif
It work fine for me. The only bug is I don't have any people in the office who want to play with me using the link feature
laugh.gif

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm doing it but I still can't make my save made in VBA to work in No$.
I can't get it to work either. In a previous post I posted how to transfer saves, but that's from someone else who claimed to have got it to work.

I don't know though. I can't get it to work, you can't get it to work. I don't think it works. The person probably just assumed it would.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I'm doing it but I still can't make my save made in VBA to work in No$. Anyway I tried to emulate two pokemon ruby linked and it works. I can't tell if it works in the pokemon center too because not having the sav the game starts from beginning. Youkai is helping me with this one.
sry i tried but i couldn't get it to work ... yust god knows why.

Thats sort of surprising my saves worked ALL ( all i tried ) perfectly ...

P.S i tried to open the sav with VBA and that was hard too .... may the Emulators have problems with italian games ...

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
No problem Youkai, thanks anyway for the help. I don't think it's because the rom is Itlaian, maybe it could be the save format of the pokemon games, that in past gave me problems even to make it work from VBA to flashcart and viceversa.
If someone achieves to make a pokemon vba battery to work in no$ please drop a line to let us know
smile.gif

MattyXB

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I Save in Four Sword normal? Or only with SaveState from the Emulator?

When I Quit and Start the game all is gone. The normale Zelda (A Link to the Past) Save, I think, because the names are there too. But I can't Save by Four Swords.

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can I Save in Four Sword normal? Or only with SaveState from the Emulator?

When I Quit and Start the game all is gone. The normale Zelda (A Link to the Past) Save, I think, because the names are there too. But I can't Save by Four Swords.
Mine saves normally.

It depends on what release you have, if it doesn't save you many need to use the save fix available at http://gbatemp.net/?act=ST&f=4&t=19713&...iew=getlastpost

Check http://gbadat.risorse.com/ for more patches, and dat files for GBA among other systems. According to the dat the perfect Zelda Four Swords games should be

0776 - Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past & Four Swords (U).gba" size 8388608 crc 8E91CD13
0883 - Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past & Four Swords (E) (M5).gba" size 8388608 crc 5A164321
0900 - Zelda no Densetsu - Kamigami no Triforce & 4tsu no Tsurugi (J).gba" size 8388608 crc 81E42BEE

You can check if you have it by right clicking a zipped rom, and choosing properties. The GBAtemp IRC channel usually has the roms in accordance to the latest dat.

I recommend others try playing Shining Soul 1 and 2 if you like Zelda Four Swords. It's 4 players simultaneously; it reminds me of Phantasy Star Online. Kind of like Zelda Four Swords but with more RPG elements.

MattyXB

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, thanks. (U) & (E) Version is by me wrong. So I search the right CRC's and try it again. I have try only the (E) Version, because I like to play it in german.
wink.gif

But strange, that the Game Save by A Link to the Past. Maybe I do only something wrong?

How can I save by Four Swords normaly? Must I only Quit the Emulator and it Save? Or must I press Start, Select or something like that?

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks. (U) & (E) Version is by me wrong. So I search the right CRC's and try it again.

But strange, that the Game Save by A Link to the Past. Maybe I do only something wrong?

How can I save by Four Swords normaly? Must I only Quit the Emulator and it Save? Or must I press Start, Select or something like that?
Does it save your name? If it saves that much then it probably saves everything else. There is probably a place on Zelda Four Swords to save at that you haven't found.

You also don't need the EXACT CRC and size for the games to work perfectly. Many involve patching with several patchs, some I think are unavailable, to get to the "perfect" or best rom according to the dat.

If the game saves, then it's fine.
biggrin.gif

profeten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm ..think i stick with VBA ..it's much faster and u can use fullscreen
biggrin.gif
..looks like fullscreen cant be done with this emu ..if it could and was faster then this emu would rock ..but it dont so ..even if it can link it doesnt rock due to these "errors"/"bugs" ...but it's nice to see that linking can be done
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

MattyXB

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Found the best CRC ROM for both.

But maybe the first rooms are only for beginning and you can't Save.
huh.gif

So I will try again and play a bit more. Make SaveState to be sure and maybe it will Save later or I see it later.

Xeago

Insert witty phrase here.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Regarding the "up Down" controller issue, I think I have a solution.

Use a controler maper to map the functions of the keyboard to the gamepad.

The guy whos working on 2d oot and ww has a unil to do that on his website, but i dont have the link here, so if some one could toss that link in here, I would give them props!
cool.gif

Playmore

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make pokemon saves work too, but with no result.
dry.gif

N

Neo2x

Well, the save transfer DOES work(tried it with MegamanBattleNetwork 3 and it's fine), it's just that Pokemon is pretty messed up with saves itself.

Anyway, anybody knows the fastest settings for this emu?(besides the sound ones)

Z

z_zero_z0

This is kool, for the past hour I've been playing Four Swords by myself. It is entirely possible with two players because you have two hands. Only in fights does the controls get a little hairy. I usually have to move on char into the corner as the other whoops up on the mobs. Now it would be better if I could find 3 other people who want to crowd around this keyboard. hopefully LAN and internet will be implemented shortly.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1