no$gba 2.5b

dualscreenman

Trophies
Website
kodewerx.net
XP
Country
United States
Want a real test for this baby? play Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings on (japanese of course since english one isn't out yet) it, it reproduced all the videos (intro of the game and between the gameplay after you finished what you had to do on the part of the game you were) with perfect speed and sound and those small videos feature animation like the ones you see on the Playstation games, you know the 3D styled videos.

When I saw this emu running this game with almost no slowdown I was like
ohmy.gif

Really this version of the emu is great! and to think the .exe file of it is a mere 160 kb fileÂ
bow.gif
Playing pre-rendered videos really isn't that much of a feat. (Yes, these videos in the game are rendered on a computer)
Nevertheless, this is a good emu.
yaynds.gif

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Playing pre-rendered videos really isn't that much of a feat. (Yes, these videos in the game are rendered on a computer)
Nevertheless, this is a good emu.
yaynds.gif

Yes this is the best (opinion) emulator for the PC
smile.gif
nearly perfect. It plays GBA~ gam3s good...All the games I played are 100% working. It plays NDS~gam3s Ok . needs a lil bit more work . I would say its about 100% finish will gba and about 50%Finish with DS Gam3s

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know it isn't much of a feat but the other emulators I tried still doesn't reach that perfect speed to play those videos, not even the ones of Megaman ZX that are more like anime animation (no cgi), and those emus are bigger in file size.

Now I'm not saying the other emulators are bad, there are things in some games that only run on those other emulators like Super Princess Peach that in NO$GBA when you reach the boss of the first world the game stops working fully, I mean you don't see the princess' life and vibes lines nor you can move her and the boss doesn't moves nor attacks you yet you could see the clouds in the background moving and the princess on the bottom screen moving, but on one of the other emulators you can fight the boss without problems.

NO$GBA still in no time really surpassed the other emulators whe it comes to compatibility and speed.
bow.gif

Oh and by the way version 2.5c is out now and it has the transparency issue finally corrected
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: That's why I only had carrots and cheese for breakfast