no$gba 2.5b

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Nov 11, 2007.

Nov 11, 2007

no$gba 2.5b by shaunj66 at 7:10 PM (5,645 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    no$gba 2.5b
    Nintendo DS emulator
    [​IMG]
    The popular Nintendo DS emulator no$gba has been updated to version 2.5b. Check out the massive change-log by clicking below.
    [title:no$gba 2.5b]03 November 2007 - version 2.5b
    - nds/3d/debug: vram viewer auto-updates 3d tree view (if any) during emulation
    - nds/3d/debug: defaults to disable old/slow 3d debugmsg's (instead vram viewer)
    - nds/3d/mtx: removed v2.5 z-rounding trick, allows to change projection per vtx
    - nds/3d/mtx: gl_projection set to identity (but max depth +1.0 instead +0.99)
    - nds/3d/mtx: all matrix math done by software without using any opengl matrices
    - nds/spi: allows to deselect/disable spi bus without clearing the hold-bit
    - nds/3d/debug: vram viewer displays texture bitmap for currently selected vtx
    - nds/3d/debug: vram viewer draws laser arrow from screen-center to selected vtx
    - nds/3d/debug: vram viewer indicates unused lights and color tables by red line
    - nds/3d/debug: vram viewer shows color/material/shininess/etc for selected vtx
    - nds/wifi/help: added port 24Ch/24Eh/250h, 264h/270h, 2A4h/2C4h, 2C8h/2CCh info
    - nds/3d/speedup/frameskip: renders 3d only when needed (capture and video out)
    - nds/3d/speedup: position vectors multiply only 3x4 matrix (and add 1x4 * w=1)
    - nds/3d/speedup: directional vectors use 3x3 matrix maths (instead slow 4x4)
    - nds/key1/help: renamed crypt_up/down (actually encrypt/decrypt) (thanks simon)
    - nds/3d/stage2/buf: all 3d rendering/lighting/vtxmaths performed from buffer
    - nds/3d/multi: uses a single opengl context shared (and working) for multiplay
    - nds/3d/internal: internally translates gx commands 0..255 to ID codes 0..38
    - nds/wifi/help: added W_TX_HDR_CNT port 194h bit0,1,2 info (thanks Tim Seidel)
    - nds/3d/debug: added new 3d page to vram viewer, treeview for buffered commands
    - nds/3d/buf: stores initial frame settings, reallocs larger buffer when needed
    - nds/3d/buf: stores commands with original params, and results on each mtx cmd
    - nds/3d/buf: buffers all gx commands (for future frameskip and for vram viewer)
    - nds/3d/deguglog: appends current matrix_mode as comment to all matrix commands
    - nds/3d/softlight: fixed shininess_table index (7bit index = 8bit data div 2)
    - nds/wifi: emulates 0000h-to-094h-to-098h, and reset-098h.bit15-via-0B4h.Bit6
    - nds/wifi/help: added 1D0h..1DFh info, added notes on body[2] instead txhdr[2]
    - nds/wifi/help: confirmed 0B4h.Bit6, added 030h.Bit7, added info on 094h/098h
    - nds/wifi/help: removed incorrect/unconfirmed rxbuf_begin/end-latching-info
    - nds/wifi/help: added txhdr[2], port[0C0h], port[0C4h], renamed EXTRA to CMD
    - nds/wifi/help: renamed W_RXUNITS to W_RXTX_ADDR and moved it to status chapter
    - nds/wifi/help: added notes on registers affected by powerforce (and by irq13)
    - nds/wifi: reflects powerforce to rf_status (unreported pictochat-lite problem)
    - cpu/debug: replaced invalid tmb high-opcode error message by optional warning
    - cpu/debug: disassembler shows invalid high-opcodes as such (thanks vladimir)
    - cpu: emulates invalid add/mov/cmp thumb high-opcodes-without-high-registers
    - joysticks: fixed unstable vint_inputs code (occassionallly skipped joysticks)
    - nds/wifi/dslite: debug-iomap recognizes channel-number for type3 RF registers
    - nds/wifi/dslite: emulates type3 RF registers (reading, writing, and initial)
    - nds/wifi: emulates reading from RF chip, emulates initial power-on RF values
    - nds/wifi/help: added RF2958 (aka RF9008) datasheet info (thanks Tim Seidel)

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Home page

2. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece

I posted that on the Emutalk forum, thought I'd post it here too.

3. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    All bright in Dementium you say?

So no need for the Flashlight.. Hmm..

I don't see that as a burden. [​IMG]

~Nero

4. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    Now that you've made an update Martin , send me the debugger for which I've gave you payment days ago !

5. Lord Patamon

Newcomer Lord Patamon Advanced Member

Mexico
    Other games that play great now on this version are:

Megaman ZX

Megaman Battle Network 5

Wario Master of Disguise (this one is a dream come true to me, it plays perfectly)

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Mario Kart DS (a bit frameskipish but the speed is good)

Diddy Kong Racing DS (slow only on the main menu and with some transparency there, but in racings the speed is really good)

Mario Party DS (plays great just showing a little transparency)

Mario and Luigi Partners in time (Playable but the battle scenes show transparency and it crashes when you try to save by hitting that save block)

Kirby Mouse Attack (playable perfectly)

Spiderman 3 (plays a lot better than on the previous versions, a bit frameskipish but the speed is really good)

Spiderman Battle for New York (same as Spiderman 3)

Namco Museum DS (plays perfect now)

Digimon World DS, Dawn and Dusk (Play at full speed since version 2.5, but a tiny lag on the battles was slightly corrected in this version 2.5b)

Donkey Kong Jungle Climber (only frameskipish on the world map other than that plays at full speed on the levels)

Among others

6. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    Does this support wifi stuff? If yes - can you play with real ds'?

7. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    This is by far the best DS emulator for the PC. Good job no$ team

8. Lord Patamon

Mexico

The WiFi is not working yet, but is really close, this version now gives you an access point out of rank error but it doesn't freezes the game, for example in Digimon World DS it simply ends the attempt of connection, saves your game and returns you to the counter where you talk with Kudamon and Gatomon.

9. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    Once it's practically complete, homebrew will kick even more ass.

10. teonintyfive

Greece
    But it crashes after the first numpad!

11. Kamiyama

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Thanks for advice.

By the way, I'm already Chapter 3 on the game with No$ emulator.

12. KirbyPink

Member KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Ran Sonic Rush on it. Runs smoothly and fine. I even ran a bonus stage , the only problem was the lag when i entered the first boss. Yay! Also Full Metal Alchemist runs fine, expect if you do a Mega move, or hold the touch alchemist buttns and after the cutscene with Edward, the game gets white at top screen. Else it ran just fine. Ima try some more games but so far it´s great.

13. dualscreenman

Member dualscreenman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Damn, you guys's late. [​IMG]

Good release, speed is much improved even before frame skipping is factored in.

14. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Megaman Star Force runs at good speed as well but ... dunno if its just a problem with the layer but you cannot see the enemys the field and yourself in the fight ... hopefully this will be fixed in the next version [​IMG]

At least YuGiOh GX does work perfektly fine now [​IMG] only problem is still like in the other games the deck construction has everything very bright at the top screen

15. PainToad

Member PainToad GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    is Pokemon playable yet? Last time I checked I got like 40% speed [​IMG]

16. Lord Patamon

Mexico
    Yes it is playable, the speed is really better now [​IMG]

17. Slipurson

Member Slipurson GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Havnt used this to much but i tried Final Fantasy III on it and it worked fine except some slowdown just as the fights start.

Also tried(with the savetype i first got it working with):
    Hoshigami Remix - seems to work also (Savetype FRAM 32Kbytes)
    EA Playground - bit annoying noice with the sound but works. (Savetype FRAM 32Kbytes)
    Ontamarama - works (Savetype EEPROM 0.5Kbytes)
    Napoleon Dynamite = Works and it works well with 44Khz sound also.(Savetype EEPROM 0.5Kbytes)
    Panzer Tactics - Slow intro and menus, ingame is slow and sound is horrible cuz of it, but as it is a turnbased game it is playable tho it ran at 40% for me also the screens between the days are black, but just press A and it skips to the next day [​IMG]
    Call of Duty 4 - Well it runs but at 70% and i had the red "you are hit" frame on the upper screen... so it was hardly enjoyable
    Simpsons Game - Worked but Emulator crashed after the 1st minigame, could have been just my bad luck. dont have time to try again right now tho.

(but maybe this is old news) =)

18. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Contra 4 works perfect on this baby.

19. Lord Patamon

Mexico
    Want a real test for this baby? play Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings on (japanese of course since english one isn't out yet) it, it reproduced all the videos (intro of the game and between the gameplay after you finished what you had to do on the part of the game you were) with perfect speed and sound and those small videos feature animation like the ones you see on the Playstation games, you know the 3D styled videos.

When I saw this emu running this game with almost no slowdown I was like [​IMG]

Really this version of the emu is great! and to think the .exe file of it is a mere 160 kb file [​IMG]

20. teonintyfive

Greece
    Then it was a problem of the moment xD