Country
United Kingdom

no$gba 2.4 released

GBA DS emulator

Version 2.4 of the great no$gba has been released. Here's what's new:
QUOTE said:
  • 21 March 2007

• version 2.4

• xboo: retested all xboo functions, re-fixed gba-bios dump, faster nds-download

• nds/2d: fixed crash on empty/unallocated extended-obj-palette-slot (spiderman)

• nds/3d/help: added various important notes in polygon light parameters chapter

• nds/3d: recurses directional matrix (as on real nds, instead of gl_normalize)

• nds/3d: skinning support (by soft_mul_vector, instead opengl modelview matrix)

• nds/cart/help: added new info on first 2K of secure area (fixed bytes, crc16)

• nds/gba/xboo: includes cmd/length in checksums (rather than raw data-checksum)

• nds/xboo: get_info shows nds-backup type (chip-id and status-register bits)

• nds/2d: fixed unrotated 512x256/512x512 bitmap sizes (thanks Kevin Keeling)

• nds/dma: prevents dma from accessing tcm (for compatibility with downhill jam)

• nds/xboo: added download NDS-cart from NDS-slot (slow 2 megabytes per minute)

• nds/gba/xboo: splits downloads into small blocks (with block-retry on bad crc)

• nds/cartloader: also accepts already-decrypted-and-destroyed secure-area-id's

• gba/undoc/help: added newly discovered wram-disable bits (4000800h bits 0,5)

• nds/cart: emulates correct nds chip-id size-field in respect to rom-image size

• nds/cart/help: added note on nds-cart chip-id size field (nn+1 megabytes)

• nds/screenshot: supports dual 256x192pix screens (as simple 256x384 bitmap)

• nds/3d: supports keep-old-depth-setting for translucent-polygons (DepthMask)

• nds/3d/rear: supports rear-plane rgba/depth bitmap (killer slow when/if used)

• nds/3d/io: new 8bit write support, fixed 16bit write (accidently out_32_norm)
download.gif
Source and Download

Credit goes to dualscreenman for the screenshot!

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
same save problem in here, tried importing .sav (SC format) in battery, slot and rom's dir, no go.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
looks nice, shareware? I remember when no$gmb was free but you had to pay to use it lmao. I still don't understand emulating a portable system, although... it is useful for development. there's still a lot of rom beggers looking for the free way out, but they kinda forget that their desktop PC was not indeed free and cost more money than a nintendo ds. Last time I bought a DS, it cost me $60
smile.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Bah. Until at least one emulator author gets off their lazy *** and supports the Classic NES series, GBA emulation is still way off from being as accurate as it should be. I wish somebody would take the MAME approach to create a GBA emulator focused on accuracy.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bah. Until at least one emulator author gets off their lazy *** and supports the Classic NES series, GBA emulation is still way off from being as accurate as it should be. I wish somebody would take the MAME approach to create a GBA emulator focused on accuracy.

1 - We don't have filters here. You can say "ass."

2 - Go play your classic NES series games on an NES emulator.

3 - But good job being condescending to the programmers who provide you with a product developed in their free time without asking you anything in return.

4 - Go make me a sandwich.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
What's worst are the NES and Pokemon scenes. The NES scene unlike those for absolutely every other console, allows bad dumps to spread rampantly, thousands need to be nuked.

And the Pokemon scene? Well, even legendary ROM hackers refuse to touch the games just because of n00bs. There is so much potential of innovation storylines, graphics, and level design. The editing tools are there for nearly all versions too. How many unfinished hacks can you name compared to full ones on this series in particular? Exactly. It's the game series with the highest dropout rate of hackers, despite its vast popularity.

I normally handle SNES myself. That community is likely the most respectful to actual newbies.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This emulator is never going to work properly anytime soon, and if it does it won't play at an acceptable level enough to enjoy it fully. The only 100% way of playing the games it to buy the real thing, and experience it like it was meant to.

P.S emulation is pretty much dead now anyways.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya, now its all flashcarts/backups. Hopefully the emulation scene gets a boost when we learn how to homebrew-ize the wii. Maybe even the PS3 if Sony would give linux access to its graphics card =.=

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up