Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just trying to get this to work.
i installed homebrew
bootmii
i didnt back up my nand (no gamecube controller)
i didnt install gecko os

i downloaded this "wii soft mod easy" from demonood
i copied all the Downgrader SD files to the sd card. installed everything i could, and tried to run the conduit (burned by nero) and it says no cIOS (927).
PLEASE HELLLLLLLLP! i just want to play this game already ='(

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 choices.. and the first one is frowned apon by many here (but I really don't care)

1) install cIOSCORP 3.4

2)Use DoP-IOS and update and patch everything to the latest version.

then again I dunno what guide you used... did you even install cIOSrev14 or 13?
and RTFM... you don't NEED a gamecube controller to use the latest bootmii. I believe the reset/power button thing has been fixed (and there was never a problem to begin with if you're using it as boot2)

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
radiovicious said:
Im just trying to get this to work.
i installed homebrew
bootmii
i didnt back up my nand (no gamecube controller)
i didnt install gecko os

i downloaded this "wii soft mod easy" from demonood
i copied all the Downgrader SD files to the sd card. installed everything i could, and tried to run the conduit (burned by nero) and it says no cIOS (927).
PLEASE HELLLLLLLLP! i just want to play this game already ='(

youve really given us nothing at all to work with here.

for a start, you must be following a crap old guide if it says anything about downgrading.

tell us exactly what you have done to your wii. what program are you trying to run the conduit through? what system menu are you on?

if you really want to play it that much and cant be bothered doing some proper research first, go out and buy it. guarantee it will work perfectly without doing a thing.

though the logical simple answer to your question would be install a cios, considering thats what the error message is telling you to do...

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
2 choices.. and the first one is frowned apon by many here (but I really don't care)

1) install cIOSCORP 3.4

and RTFM... you don't NEED a gamecube controller to use the latest bootmii. I believe the reset/power button thing has been fixed (and there was never a problem to begin with if you're using it as boot2)

He doesn't have a clue about wtf he's doing at all with ANY homebrew related things, he needs to stay far away from cIOSCORP.

Anyways, read through EVERYTHING in my guide, in my sig/stickies then if you still don't understand what you need to do, you fail at life post in the thread and ask about what you don't get.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you follow a guide and still don't know what to do, the guide is wrong(at least for you). Anyways, if it downgrades, it's fail and can brick new Wiis.

If don't know how to explain how you should get from "no cIOS..." error message to the idea that you need to install a cIOS...

Oh and if you don't have BootMii installed to boot2, forget about the nand backup, BootMii is only brick protection when it's installed to boot2. When do people start to learn that? It should be ovious, because, how do you get to the point to restore the nand when you have a brick?

urherenow said:

1) install cIOSCORP 3.4

Ehm no? How about, just install a cIOS and use a loader? cioscrap is for really lazy people, and DOP-IOS is only for modchip users. You may only need a trucha patched system menu IOS, but that's it.

Oh and BootMii beta 3 fixes the button problem, but you need the updated version floating around to create working nand backups with it.

radiovicious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the help. So i didnt think the preloader was necessary. But i guess i need it. The links for it are dead on this website. Can anyone link me to a proper preloader download?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
radiovicious said:
thank you for the help. So i didnt think the preloader was necessary. But i guess i need it. The links for it are dead on this website. Can anyone link me to a proper preloader download?

Nobody even MENTIONED preloader at all...you likely need to do other things before you should be installing preloader and you shouldn't be installing things you don't know anything about. Also, preloader ISN'T necessary.

You may not understand the fact that installing random things with no clue how to properly do so CAN AND WILL brick your Wii.

In case you don't know what brick means, it means just that, your Wii will be as useful as a brick.

As I said, read through EVERYTHING in my guide before you try installing ANYTHING else.

radiovicious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the cIOS rev 14 thing and the preloader file i have are pretty much the same thing i think. And theyre both set to IOS36. should they be at 49? i really have no idea what they mean...

radiovicious

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following the guide and it will continue to crash me at this step... at the end of cIOS installation, when i open up the wad manager it freezes.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
radiovicious said:
So the cIOS rev 14 thing and the preloader file i have are pretty much the same thing i think. And theyre both set to IOS36. should they be at 49? i really have no idea what they mean...

WTF are you reading. You really have no idea what ANYTHING is, so ONCE AGAIN, READ THROUGH MY GUIDE. I talk about what EVERYTHING you will need to use is and why and how you need to use them in detail. cIOS rev14 and preloader have absolutely nothing to do with eachother. A cIOS is basically what you will need to play backups, and preloader is meant for brick protection to an extent and system menu hacks. Just go through it from the beginning.

If you're really that illiterate to not be able to take the time to read it before you do anything else, then just follow the simplistic mod as it is and hope that you didn't already do anything stupid enough to make it brick your Wii.

If I have to tell you that one more time, fuck it, you must be a troll, and if not, you deserve to brick your Wii for trying to softmod your Wii yourself while being so daft.

QUOTE(radiovicious @ Sep 11 2009, 12:06 AM) I was following the guide and it will continue to crash me at this step... at the end of cIOS installation, when i open up the wad manager it freezes.

What guide? Why are you still trying to randomly follow possible old guides that don't work anymore? And if you are talking about my guide, you're doing it wrong.

READ. READ. READ. Stop doing anything until you fully understand how everything works.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
radiovicious said:
I was following the guide and it will continue to crash me at this step... at the end of cIOS installation, when i open up the wad manager it freezes.

When you get problems with anything, describe the problems, just telling "it crashes" or "WAD manager freezes" is far from being precuise enough to provide enough information anybody can tell what problem you got. One can only guess, while lots of people could really help, if you were able to open your teeth.

The IOS35 WAD Manager or WAD Manager after selecting IOS35 or old WAD Manager after installing cIOSrev7 by chance? Seriously, everybody said, don't follow old guides. And you should know that guides that are not on GBAtemp, are most likely even worse than the average guide here. I already told you that it could brick your Wii, but you continued to follow it. If it's the IOS35 thing, good luck in getting channels to work.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ios 927? I never knew they went over 255, or 0x000000FF.

Anywho, a torrent is a terrible way to get stuff to hack you wii. Torrents are created and cannot be changed or updated after they are made. So when new hacks and/or security come about, these torrents cannot address that stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SMG4
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi