• Total voters

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was on 10.1U, took the update for 10.3U, downgraded to 9.2U with safe sysUpdater multiple times now, no dice. I use the downgrade-checker and it always reports a successful downgrade. My device is an o3DS XL. Please specify your device.

Followed multiple downgrade tutorials, as well as multiple CFW setup guides, but cannot get it to work properly. The best I got one time was cakes slightly working. By slightly I mean it worked but couldn't install any CIA (legit or otherwise). I've also tried reformatting my SD. Error error error.

I have tried PastaCFW (freezes), Rxtools (kicks back to HB Launcher), Cakes (most "success" so far, but even when it doesn't just freeze I can't do anything). I'm not new to doing anything like this... and I am not asking for someone to hold my hand and do it for me, this is merely out of curiosity to see how many people are suffering from this unknown issue of what is being referred to as an incomplete downgrade. At this point I'm wondering what the best course of action would be. I am unsure if I should stay on this seemingly broken 9.2 or just update to 10.3 and stay there until something better comes around.

DISCUSS!

Bolded some details that people seem to fail reading, lest they suggest me to follow a tutorial yet again.

*Bonus bait!* Who ordered a cart in light of the downgrade? Which one did you order? My DS2+ is on the way and I'm quite excited :D

Last edited by Dax_Fame,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I setup three 3DS with Rxtools so far, one of them being a N3DS. Each one is able to play games and all.

My vote is yes

Octoling

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stevieice10 downgrader to 9.2
gateway downgrader to 4.2

follow the guide......
That is o3ds, we are in need of cfw on n3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I actually created a downgrade + CFW pack. So if you just add those to your SD card, then follow the two guides, you'll be straight.
Could you DM me EVERYTHING you used?

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I setup three 3DS with Rxtools so far, one of them being a N3DS. Each one is able to play games and all.

My vote is yes

Huh? The question was "no CFW working". Your vote should be "no" because you clearly got it working, no?

These negative question polls, results are going to be misinterpreted. How many "yes" votes are really "no" votes.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? The question was "no CFW working". Your vote should be "no" because you clearly got it working, no?

These negative question polls, results are going to be misinterpreted. How many "yes" votes are really "no" votes.
lol sorry bout that, I changed my vote to no.

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having no issues at all, coming from a 10.3 N3DS U down to 9.2

I installed rxTools, am coldbooting with bootntr into a menu that lets me select either rxTools for emuNAND, or my Homebrew Launcher.

I downloaded a cia installer of Stella Glow, which is a newer game with the new antipiracy measures (dunno if that makes any difference). I installed the cia file with FBI and the game appeared on my emuNAND home menu, I unwrapped it, and started it, booted no problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.