• No

Votes: 80 84.2%

• Total voters

acoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's quite overwhelming for a n00b to follow all these procedures, could someone please point to a site or post that contains a guide for n3dsxl owners on 10.3 (downgrade, installing cfw & games)?

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, My downgrade went off with almost no problems, only issue i had was rxtools kicking back out to either HBL or CTRBootManager, however all issues on that base were solved with a Nand unlink and format of the emunand and now everything works great, i haven't booted my sysnand one time since the day the downgrade came out

For anyone having rxtools or other cfw kicking back out, if you are using menuhax to do your initial cfw setup then that is your issue

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3ds 10.3 usa. Downgraded 3 times couldn't get cfw only home brew. Updated back and fixed the database files (dbs trick) and downgraded. Once on 9.2 all was well
You've still have me lost mate. I can' find what you're talking about.

No, My downgrade went off with almost no problems, only issue i had was rxtools kicking back out to either HBL or CTRBootManager, however all issues on that base were solved with a Nand unlink and format of the emunand and now everything works great, i haven't booted my sysnand one time since the day the downgrade came out

For anyone having rxtools or other cfw kicking back out, if you are using menuhax to do your initial cfw setup then that is your issue
Using browserhax to setup CFW also did not work. It really seems to be system specific.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.2, the latest. Reading through the thread leads me to believe I'll be in the same position. I'm honestly not interested in trying anymore, I'm just going to wait for something better. I've downgraded at least a dozen times now and I would rather not risk bricking on the next go... this is all still very new anyway.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
4.2, the latest. Reading through the thread leads me to believe I'll be in the same position. I'm honestly not interested in trying anymore, I'm just going to wait for something better. I've downgraded at least a dozen times now and I would rather not risk bricking on the next go... this is all still very new anyway.

Gateway should release soon

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason, there's this thing of FBI.3dsx not installing anything in emunand on some downgraded O3ds devices. You can just inject FBI cia to Health and Safety App with Decrypt9 running from emunand and start installing. That one time where cakes booted was the good one.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We doesnt updated the sysupdater in Tuxsh and steveice10 versions. So 4.2b could also means tuxsh unsafe version

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im in the same boat. Im on the verge of giving up. Days of constant errors no matter what tutorial I use. Ive had the following: Red screen, I got Rxtools couldnt load error, and black screen. Once I was able to install rxtools but then the system froze at the rebooting screen. When I restarted I got nothing but a black screen.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cia install error.. rebuild/repair database, this is covered in most good tuts, usually the first step

non booting cfw... make sure, if you have menuhax installed, to have it only activate by button press. ie don't set up type 2, no buton press activation, until you have a seperated/unlinked emunand and have broken menuhax in emunand by changing theme

Last edited by rasputin,

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
After going from 10.3 to 9.2, why don't you try to downgrade from 9.2 to 4.x with the GW downgrader?
Then, use sysUpdater to update to 9.2 properly.

EDIT: NEVER MIND! This won't work on a N3DS :P

Last edited by Pacman`,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay