Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MLsOn.jpg

Just a short while back, Team Meat's Edmund McMillen tossed around the possibility of bringing his game, The Binding of Isaac, to Nintendo 3DS. Today, the developer has confirmed that Nintendo has turned him down.

"...After a long internal debate Nintendo has decided NOT to allow the Binding of Isaac on the 3ds," McMillen posted on his Twitter page.

For those unfamiliar with the game, The Binding of Isaac is an extremely challenging, old-school-style action-RPG. The story is a radical play off of the biblical account of Abraham's binding of his son Isaac and offering him as a sacrifice to God. The Binding of Isaac game (PC/Mac) is a decidedly more disturbing story -- complete with dead babies and a journey through your mother's womb -- and according to McMillen, Nintendo cited "questionable religious content" as their reason for denying the game access to their handheld platform.

"Thank GOD Steam exists," McMillen concluded.

Source: Twitter, Steam
Ongoing discussion

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'dont know if this game is good or bad. I know it is a traumatic moster game to our children.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it, why can't people accept that if you think something is terrible and questionable then they don't have to play it
Why shouldn't the option be there for everyone else though? Its a good game and I know it would sell well on 3ds

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I wish that Nintendo didn't do this. It's an artform as well as a games platform. It has meaning outside of the creepy imagery and the like. (Yes, the imagery is terrible, and I really can't watch this game being played...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: