No Binding of Isaac for 3DS

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by GeekyGuy, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Feb 29, 2012

No Binding of Isaac for 3DS by GeekyGuy at 11:56 AM (2,524 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    [​IMG]

Just a short while back, Team Meat's Edmund McMillen tossed around the possibility of bringing his game, The Binding of Isaac, to Nintendo 3DS. Today, the developer has confirmed that Nintendo has turned him down.

"...After a long internal debate Nintendo has decided NOT to allow the Binding of Isaac on the 3ds," McMillen posted on his Twitter page.

For those unfamiliar with the game, The Binding of Isaac is an extremely challenging, old-school-style action-RPG. The story is a radical play off of the biblical account of Abraham's binding of his son Isaac and offering him as a sacrifice to God. The Binding of Isaac game (PC/Mac) is a decidedly more disturbing story -- complete with dead babies and a journey through your mother's womb -- and according to McMillen, Nintendo cited "questionable religious content" as their reason for denying the game access to their handheld platform.

"Thank GOD Steam exists," McMillen concluded.

Source: Twitter, Steam
    Ongoing discussion

2. Pablo3DS

Member Pablo3DS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I'dont know if this game is good or bad. I know it is a traumatic moster game to our children.

3. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    God damn it, why can't people accept that if you think something is terrible and questionable then they don't have to play it
    Why shouldn't the option be there for everyone else though? Its a good game and I know it would sell well on 3ds

4. astrangeone

Member astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I wish that Nintendo didn't do this. It's an artform as well as a games platform. It has meaning outside of the creepy imagery and the like. (Yes, the imagery is terrible, and I really can't watch this game being played...)

5. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.