Hacking Nitrohax freezes with white screen with Pokemon White. I know it won't work, so are there alternatives?

robot85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since Nitrohax doesn't work with Pokemon Black/White, is there any such alternative to Nitrohax? If not, how else could I use a cheat on my game? (It is not a ROM.)

Solution
If you have one of the ARDS with the 1.54 preinstalled, there is absolutely no way to upgrade to 1.7X. Though, I sent a support ticket and got the following response (the download link is attached to the post via the Attached link field):

v1.60 and v1.71 firmware are NOT compatible with v1.52/v1.54 hardware.
v1.60 firmware was never available for download and was preloaded on newer Action Replay DS hardware, however a new v1.55 firmware is available.
The v1.55 firmware update which, is downloadable HERE, is designed for use with ONLY the Action Replay DS with v1.52 & v1.54 firmware. THIS IS NOT for use with newer hardware with v1.60 firmware preloaded.
The v1.55 firmware update includes support for a number of games including Pokemon...

robot85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I have an Action Replay DS, but not the DSi one. :(
Firmware 1.71 with the AR DS is supposed to work with Pokemon Black and White, but I when I try to update the firmware it says "not a firmware file". I read somewhere else that a version of the AR DS that came out before a certain time can't be updated to 1.71. So I guess I have to buy the AR DSi. Thanks anyway though.

Ryosin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have one of the ARDS with the 1.54 preinstalled, there is absolutely no way to upgrade to 1.7X. Though, I sent a support ticket and got the following response (the download link is attached to the post via the Attached link field):

v1.60 and v1.71 firmware are NOT compatible with v1.52/v1.54 hardware.
v1.60 firmware was never available for download and was preloaded on newer Action Replay DS hardware, however a new v1.55 firmware is available.
The v1.55 firmware update which, is downloadable HERE, is designed for use with ONLY the Action Replay DS with v1.52 & v1.54 firmware. THIS IS NOT for use with newer hardware with v1.60 firmware preloaded.
The v1.55 firmware update includes support for a number of games including Pokemon Black, Pokemon White and Professor Layton and the Lost Future.
To update your Action Replay Media Edition:
Download the v1.55 firmware update and uncompress the downloaded file
Using the included PC software disc, install the Action Replay DS Code Manager PC software
Open the Action Replay DS Code Manager PC software
Power your console on with the Action Replay DS inserted.
From the home screen of the Action Replay, set the Action Replay DS to the update mode by selecting the update (computer mouse) icon from your consoles touch screen.
Connect the Action Replay DS to your computer using the USB cable.
When installed by Windows the Action Replay DS will be detected by the Code Manager PC software which is confirmed by the message ‘Waiting for DS’ no longer being displayed beneath the section ‘Nintendo DS’.
Drag and drop the uncompressed v1.55 firmware update onto the bar located at the top of the Action Replay DS Code Manager PC software

The firmware update will now automatically begin, the first part of the update may take a number of minutes to complete.
Select ‘Yes’ to confirm that you would like to write the new firmware, select ‘No’ to cancel at this stage.

Once the writing of the firmware is complete, the Action Replay DS will automatically disconnect from your computer.
When the message ‘Reboot your NDS now!’ is reported on your consoles screen, restart your console to complete the firmware update.
NOTE: This is a discontinued product. It is no longer sold in US retail stores & compatibility updates may not be available in the future. It's recommended that you update to the DSi Action Replay hardware to ensure future compatibility.
The DSi Action Replay is compatible with the Nintendo DS, DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL consoles.

http://datelcustomerservice.com/files/NDS-ARDS_firm_1_55.zip

Solution

robot85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THANK YOU SO MUCH, RYOSIN!!! After Google searching forever on a fix to that stupid error, I never found such thing as firmware 1.55. So what I'm getting from this is that Datel wants to keep the solution a secret so you'll buy their new DSi AR. I almost did. But thank you, the codes work great, no more errors or white screens.

By the way, the only cheat I wanted to use was more XP, so I could level up faster. That's it. I'm not one of those people who make hacked pokemon then trade them on the GTS.

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o