Homebrew Nitrografx.. CD game support and setup help?

DCXPIG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I have a DSTWO card with a 16gb ram-card and have been trying to get Nitrografx to work with a few CD based titles, namely Dracula X at the moment... I know it's a good bin/cue image as I have the original CD and it works on an emu on my pc. On the DS Nitrografx works fine for hucards, in order for the CD to load I know that I'm to:
1) Setup the system bios and
2) Load the iso or bin/cue file...

That's where I fail everytime, I can set the system bios file however once I select the iso that's it, black screen. It's pretty straight forward and I've searched thru multiple posts and can just use the help. I'm also certain that I have working bios files, if I load it like I handle a hue card some of them will yield an interface... Help is appreciated ahead of time

DCXPIG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, I've tried about 10 variations of the syscard with no results.. Does anyone know of any resources to follow to get around this? COuld it possibly be the format of my Micro sd? I have 1 16gb in fat32 right now, I've put more time into this and it seems so simple.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
did you follow the steps in the readme?

Using CD-ROM with NitroGrafx:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be able to use PC-Engine/TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM games you have to:
1) Select a CD-ROM System rom from Options-Machine-BiosSettings-SelectBios.
2) Select a .iso file or a .cue file from a bin/cue combo.
3) Press the Start button when the CD-ROM System screen shows up.

Right now NitroGrafx supports loose .iso files for games that only has 1
data track (or 2 where the last one is a backup), or bin/cue files for complete
cd rips.

To rip your own CDs you can use Cdrwin, I downloaded V4.0G from their official
homepage http://www.goldenhawk.com/ , if you don't register it it will only
run at the slowest speed but that's actually a good thing for ripping old CDs.
1) Press the button for Extract Disc/Tracks/Sectors.
2) Select Correct CD drive.
3) Select output filename.
4) Make sure RAW is selected in the Reading Options.
5) Press the Start button.
6) Wait until completion, rip should be ready to use by NitroGrafx.

If you allready have ripped your games and have them as .iso + .wav files
make sure to:
1) Use TocFixer http://www.necstasy.net/uk/tuto09.php to check the rip.
2) Mount the .cue file in a virtual CD device like DAEMON Tools.
3) Use Cdrwin as on a normal CD.

Now you can test the .bin/.cue rip by mounting it in a virtual CD device
and running an emulator like Ootake or Magic Engine.

-another world

Reactions: 431unknown

DCXPIG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, finally got it working although it had something to do with the format of my sd card.. It was just a process of elimination, but man, what a pain in the @$$ the process was indeed. I appreciate the help very much though, it was straight-forward so shouldn't have gotten stuck to begin with. Funny how it's always the last thing you try

DCXPIG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted it with "Full(erase),' format option and ticked the size adjustment... I've been playing with so many different versions of emulators and setups on it as well as trying a ton of the DS titles I guess I'm not surprised it developed a problem. The TurboCD was the last "challenge," in my collection and now I finally have what I want on the card so I can play! I often find myself up for the fun of emus/homebrew but rarely play.
For anyone whom happens to be perusing these posts in possible frustration the card is a 32gb Kingston class 6 card, I don't really think that the formatting options necessarily helped however you never know. I'm using a DSTWO card in a DSi with the latest firmware, there were too many possible factors to isolate but hope it helps the archives and struggling gamers!

Thanks AW

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
To start a game on CD-ROM. You need to create an ISO image and the associated CUE file. Don't rename the ISO file. Run the game by selecting the CUE file. Of Course, you need a CD-ROM^2 BIOS to get it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet