Homebrew Nitro engine Demo

Mills32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
Some time ago i found Nitro Engine. a c 3d Engine for DS.

I'm trying to make a platform-ball-puzzle game with this. It is really possible. But the engine has limited physics.
I'd need some kind of simple ball physics engine for this to complete the game.

I'm also making this game for PSP (with ONElua, a new lua interpreter with really good physics)

If somebody knows how to add ball-physics for NDS, it would help a lot.

This is the intro scene, a rotating planet:

FUZZY_DS_14_1290.png

I'd also like the 3d obj to be rendered with integer calculations. i mean like the psx did.. and a lot of NDS games do, this engine makes very precise calculations and the objects look smooh. But i'd like to do it faster.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
For working in 3D on the DS, everything should be done to the 12'th fractal part rather than floats where possible.

For example instead of this:

Code:
float half = 0.5f;
float x = 20.0f;
float result = x * half;

You should use the libnds fixed point operations:

Code:
int half = (1 << 12) / 2;
int x = 20 << 12;
int result = mulf32(x, half);

Untested, but you get the idea. Most libnds 3D functionality uses this system, for example in matrix multiplication.

For models I'd recommend using smealum's code from Portal DS, it supports animated Quake 2 models (.MD2) with interpolation.

I haven't tried using the physics code from Portal DS, but he talks about it here.

From that screenshot your game looks really cool! I made a Super Mario Galaxy DS demo a few weeks ago, but other than that I don't really have much 3D experience. Best of luck!

Reactions: orangy57

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro