NIS America to bring Trails of Cold Steel III west this year

In what could be considered by some to be a bittersweet announcement, localization company NIS America has announced that they will be translating Falcom's The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III. This is the second Falcom series to transfer hands from XSEED over to NIS America, with the latter now being in charge of localization as opposed to XSEED, who handled the first two games. A $99.99 limited edition of the game that includes a copy of the game, an artbook, a soundtrack, a steelbook, postcards, a plush toy, and a special box is currently available on the company's store. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel will be a PlayStation 4 exclusive when it launches later this Fall.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Pack it up, that's it for the franchise. I'm happy it's getting a translation, but dang, it's almost pointless when it's not XSEED who'll be keeping on its legacy. The meticulous effort they put into this series' translations was astounding. NISA doesn't inspire that same confidence, with a fairly awkward track record in terms of translations.

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Makes me wish that at least the PC version is handled by XSEED which is why we have to wait til 2020 for the release
(wouldn't be the first time a different company handles the PC-release)

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know NISA published both the previous two games (at least here in Europe), but I thought XSeed only did the translation for the first one - as their name is on the front cover for the first game, but not the second (again, at least for the Euro releases)?
trails_le_ps3_buynow.jpg
tocs_2_buynow_ps3_grande.jpg

edit

Nah... it just looks like NIS Europe just 'rebadged' it...
trails_of_cold_steel_PS3_Softcover_Artbook_Standard_Edition.png

Last edited by duwen,

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it strange how people are complaining about NISA (rightfully so), yet people here are giving XSeed a pass when they're notorious for incorrect translations and injecting memes into their games. Both Cold Steel and Senran Kagura got butchered in the localization process.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just glad we getting this port tho I still need to give the translation patch a try. Oh nvrm the translator canceled the project due to this news

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Stepperer

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I find it strange how people are complaining about NISA (rightfully so), yet people here are giving XSeed a pass when they're notorious for incorrect translations and injecting memes into their games. Both Cold Steel and Senran Kagura got butchered in the localization process.

We need proof, Billy...

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
because they made small mistakes and inserted references to other stuff once or twice, thats it, the EDF localizations prove they still know what they are doing.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but doesn't NISA sometimes censor stuff that changes the story? Maybe I'm confusing them with someone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over