Nintendo's next-generation console is codenamed 'NX'

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already working on another system? They need to learn to get what's already out situated. wtf!
Then they wonder why nobody buys their shit for like a year, cause something else is already on the way!

Who the f's at the wheel...? haha

Wow, really? I thought this was common knowledge, console developers always start on the next console soon after the release of console. Sounds like common sense to me. Microsoft didn't wait five years to release the Xbox 360 after the Xbox lol. That's not how R&D works, you don't just say three years after a console is released, "oh hey, let's release a console in one year from now!" Freaking unbelievable.

Reactions: osaka35

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, really? I thought this was common knowledge, console developers always start on the next console soon after the release of console. Sounds like common sense to me. Microsoft didn't wait five years to release the Xbox 360 after the Xbox lol. That's not how R&D works, you don't just say three years after a console is released, "oh hey, let's release a console in one year from now!" Freaking unbelievable.

Yeah, but surely they don't have to let the cat out of the bag so soon.
Makes people wonder if they should even bother with the one that's out now, i.e., the wiiU.
Now that we know there's something new and improved basically slapped onto the radar, what's the point of getting a wiiU now..?

Nothing against Nintendo, but they're getting really good at losing focus on what's already out (and a step above struggling sometimes at that) before they unnofficially announce the next big thing that is already in the works.

3DS --> 3DS-XL --> New 3DS --> New 3DS-XL, WiiU --> whatever this new thing is

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Makes people wonder if they should even bother with the one that's out now, i.e., the wiiU.
Now that we know there's something new and improved basically slapped onto the radar, what's the point of getting a wiiU now..?

Nothing against Nintendo, but they're getting really good at losing focus on what's already out (and a step above struggling sometimes at that) before they unnofficially announce the next big thing that is already in the works.

3DS --> 3DS-XL --> New 3DS --> New 3DS-XL, WiiU --> whatever this new thing is

Teasing "a new system" on a conference isn't exactly the same as announcing a new and improved console, let alone abandoning the wiiu. To take your 3DS line-up: none of those improved versions means that the original 3DS can't play these games anymore.

And if you look at the slide, it shows that this NX thing is to be put alongside the wiiu and the 3DS. You nor me know what this means, but the chances of it being a new console are about as high as it being a new collectible card game.

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teasing "a new system" on a conference isn't exactly the same as announcing a new and improved console, let alone abandoning the wiiu. To take your 3DS line-up: none of those improved versions means that the original 3DS can't play these games anymore.

And if you look at the slide, it shows that this NX thing is to be put alongside the wiiu and the 3DS. You nor me know what this means, but the chances of it being a new console are about as high as it being a new collectible card game.

Nintendo teases enough with New 3DS and Amiibo being so hard to find already. haha

D

Deleted User

They said the NX will be a dedicated gaming system. maybe the Wii U will be like a budget console and the NX wll be a powerhouse with Wii U acessory compatablity.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iwata specifically stated that the reason they are even mentioning the NX is to reassure people that despite the deal with DeNA, they are not getting out of the hardware business.

Reactions: osaka35

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As I've said here, more than once:

This was bound to happen. Nintendo, along with other companies, will hop on the money wagon. Not the "What the fans want wagon".

Monthly paid services, along with mobile gaming have both proved to be what sells best, by far. It was just a matter of time before Nintendo realized this.

Maybe now that Nintendo's pride has been swallowed, at least, we get to move forward. Let's hope they also stop whinning about YouTube once and for all.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendo, along with other companies, will hop on the money wagon. Not the "What the fans want wagon".

So basically, you're saying that the fans buy stuff they don't want? :wacko:

Monthly paid services, along with mobile gaming have both proved to be what sells best, by far. It was just a matter of time before Nintendo realized this.
Source, please? Preferably a source other than "I pulled it out of my arse". It certainly is NOWHERE in the OP.

Maybe now that Nintendo's pride has been swallowed, at least, we get to move forward.
So this doom & gloom you're predicting is the way to go?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Monthly paid services

If Nintendo provided a quality online service like Xbox and PlayStation have been doing for years then maybe it would be worth paying for but if it's the same garbage as is right now on the Wii U then fuggetaboutit!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If Nintendo provided a quality online service like Xbox and PlayStation have been doing for years then maybe it would be worth paying for but if it's the same garbage as is right now on the Wii U then fuggetaboutit!
It will be a sad day when Nintendo starts charging for online while barely having a grasp of what "online" even means.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I skipped ahead watching after he started talking about the CDI games. Philups only got the IPs cause of a loop hole when Nintendo left them at the alter. In fact Nintendo tiered to stop them from producing those games but lost the battle. It had nothing to do with Nintendo wanting free ads in the form of crappy games on the CDI.

Also I don't think consoles are going away.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It will be a sad day when Nintendo starts charging for online while barely having a grasp of what "online" even means.
It's a really long stretch and more of a miracle for Nintendo to actually achieve something like you know, have a good online service which they don't.

Seems like there are videos on this. The former is stupid, while the latter has a point.

I watched the second video and he made some really great points about Nintendo and Wii U, although I don't agree Wii U's "awesome" or "amazing" due to the lack of games and a mediocre online service. Oh yeah, I really liked his idea of a slimmer GamePad and I'd buy if only it were better than the original crap GamePad.

Btw, knowing Alpha Sin he's probably like "oh noes Nintendo is fucking going third party" and "Nintendo's doing what-the-fuck-ever without even consulting their fans". Typical Alpha Sin.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
As I've said here, more than once:

This was bound to happen. Nintendo, along with other companies, will hop on the money wagon. Not the "What the fans want wagon".

You...mean...a company is looking to make money rather than please fickle people who never know what they want? Woah. Get your pitchforks, guys, time to go after Nintendo, for wanting money like any normal business.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have been here since 2009 and posting throughout a lot of that and this is the first thread you have seen people here take Nintendo to task?
I never said this is my first time seeing them do that. I said that they are attacking Nintendo in a manner which would seem like they waited their whole lives for it. Reading comprehension man. My post wasn't difficult to understand.

D

Deleted_171835

Honestly I'm kind of ambivalent to whatever direction they go with this new system. Even if the Nintendo NX or whatever isn't this hardcore gaming savior PS4 battling beast of a system and is just another Nintendo gimmick system, I'll probably buy it. Cause I like Nintendo games and can afford to get multiple consoles.

I own a PS4, Vita and Wii U, 3DS getting the best of all worlds. I can still get the Marios and Zeldas as well as whatever is hot on the other systems. Meaning even if Nintendo isn't delivering on the third-party promise, I couldn't care less. I'll enjoy the Nintendo games and I'll enjoy Uncharted or whatever.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never said this is my first time seeing them do that. I said that they are attacking Nintendo in a manner which would seem like they waited their whole lives for it. Reading comprehension man. My post wasn't difficult to understand.

I was more heading towards that it is the normal/standard/baseline position of everybody on the forum, and quite rightly too (Nintendo is there to entertain me/us after all and their performance has been piss poor for years at this point). Being the normal/standard/baseline position then I am not sure it really warranted such a comment.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complimentary... device?
Sega-Genesis-Model2-32X.jpg
Oh no... Oooh nooo... ;O;

That just might be the greatest reply I have ever saw on the forums!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can