Hacking Nintendont

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Windows don't let me format HDDs to FAT32 I've use GUIFAT32FORMAT, also used wbfs2fat. If there is a program you recommend it'll be great.
Oh yeah, I forgot Windows had that silly 32GB limit for FAT32. I don't have a clue then. Maybe the enclosures you're using has a controller that doesn't work well with Nintendont.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, I forgot Windows had that silly 32GB limit for FAT32. I don't have a clue then. Maybe the enclosures you're using has a controller that doesn't work well with Nintendont.
I've formatted one of them with a partition software, MBR FAT32 64k Cluster, copying the games now to test.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
what settings fo you have on on nintendont? post all if you can.
Still crashes with MBR FAT32 64k Cluster.... I have the Wii connected to a CRT TV so I only have MCemu on, native control off, using a Classic Controller, 480p off, widescreen off, video auto, fast disc off. Basically everything off/default.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still crashes with MBR FAT32 64k Cluster.... I have the Wii connected to a CRT TV so I only have MCemu on, native control off, using a Classic Controller, 480p off, widescreen off, video auto, fast disc off. Basically everything off/default.

How long generally before it freezes? It could be built-in power saving in the drive.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
How long generally before it freezes? It could be built-in power saving in the drive.
It does it randomly, example, playing RE3: Nemesis, it froze at the 1st save point, then after reformatting it froze 3 screens after the save point. I finished it the other night without incident with the flash drive. About power saving, at least on the wii games I have no problems with the same drive, I know Nintendont is no the same thing but still.

Last edited by yadspi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It does it randomly, example, playing RE3: Nemesis, it froze at the 1st save point, then after reformatting it froze 3 screens after the save point. I finished it the other night without incident with the flash drive. About power saving, at least on the wii games I have no problems with the same drive, I know Nintendont is no the same thing but still.
you sure you have log off?and osreport off?

Amontre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
are you on wiiu?
you dont need to enable native to use your wavebird, the wave bird works fine without native like any other controller.With native no combos can be made and no additional controllers can be connected becuase it only using native GC controller code and nothing else.

Really ? I read on the first page that it require Native Controller enabled. Will try again later.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#ControllersNat

fadingtoolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hii have a problem with nintendont when i load it in MMM it gives me the failed to load kernel(nand) error (i have ios58) and i i load it in homebrew i get this: thingy
IMG_20160202_075957.jpg

Last edited by fadingtoolz,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hii have a problem with nintendont when i load it in MMM it gives me the failed to load kernel(nand) error (i have ios58) and i i load it in homebrew i get this: thingyView attachment 37425
nintendont uses default lateste ios58, if you have a modded ios58 then you need the latest official one, also try using nintendont directly from the homebrew channel and see if the error continues, if it doesnt then its an incompatible thing with MMM.

fadingtoolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nintendont uses default lateste ios58, if you have a modded ios58 then you need the latest official one, also try using nintendont directly from the homebrew channel and see if the error continues, if it doesnt then its an incompatible thing with MMM.
the screenshot was trough homebrew channel ive tried the ios 58 installer(didnt want to install), pimp my ride 3.03(said it repaired , nusdownloader and installed trough install wad 1.7 ,1.8.

I know i'm a noob at this ;) if some1 could help me trough skype it would be a great help! But ive noticed that my wii was like ios 80 or something.

but already thanks to answer :D(i couldnt use mios dios because of wired fight pad(wii mote extension)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the screenshot was trough homebrew channel ive tried the ios 58 installer(didnt want to install), pimp my ride 3.03(said it repaired , nusdownloader and installed trough install wad 1.7 ,1.8.

I know i'm a noob at this ;) if some1 could help me trough skype it would be a great help! But ive noticed that my wii was like ios 80 or something.

but already thanks to answer :D(i couldnt use mios dios because of wired fight pad(wii mote extension)
are you using some fake controller? when i turn my fake wiiu pro on homebrew channel i get dsi exception.

make sure your nintendont dol isnt corrupted, get a new one make sure it has the xml there too and try again trough homebrew channel.

is your homebrew cahnnel ios58? i know there are older hb channels that arent ios58.

Reactions: fadingtoolz

fadingtoolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
are you using some fake controller? when i turn my fake wiiu pro on homebrew channel i get dsi exception.

make sure your nintendont dol isnt corrupted, get a new one make sure it has the xml there too and try again trough homebrew channel.

is your homebrew cahnnel ios58? i know there are older hb channels that arent ios58.
its a official pdp fightpad: my homebrew is ios58. its just weird i don't know why he doesn't want to load the app

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Because Windows don't let me format HDDs to FAT32 I've use GUIFAT32FORMAT, also used wbfs2fat. If there is a program you recommend it'll be great.
I recommend using Wii Backup Manager it always worked for me, I use it also to format PS3 HDDs and it works like a clock.

Yuuko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey all,

My current setup is I have both a Wii with GC compatibility and a Wii U and I was wondering about switching completely to Nintendont on Wii U.

Do you think I can now, given the current state of Nintendont, safely sell my Wii and only keep the Wii U without regretting it?
(I am not a disc collector, so running everything from SD card is fine by me.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ