Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so I got a working true "NTSC" version of Pac-Man World 2, thanks to a certain version (so it appears the rumor of a true NTSC version for the Gamecube is real, it's just most websites use the Pal 2 NTSC version instead) anyway now the game works fine for me, which leaves me with only one Pal GC game that I really don't care for much and that one works too, now if only I can restore my save file for Pa-Cman World 2 or get another complete one to be able to select any level again :P

NEStickled

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already possible. you need to set the loader's IOS to IOS58 or to use cIOS supporting port1 and enable port1 option in the loader.

Wait, what? Does USB Loader and Nintendont work under OS 58? If so, why load d2x?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
is NGU BL user here somewhere? he added zoid vs to the compat list i could try to send him some test files with the game added to some exceptions but i would need to find someone that can actualy play zoids Vs(jap only) game preferably the person that added it to the compat list.

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Just had a weird glitch/freeze. I was playing THPS3 (NTSC-U) and all of a sudden it froze and the Wii turned off 10 seconds-ish later. I've been doing a skater per night over the past week and a half so have played at least 4 hours with the same settings (everything off except emulate memory card and force progressive).

Anyway so all of a sudden my Dualshock 3 just stops and the game continues running, so I just leave it for a few mins, come back and it had turned itself off. Then tried launching the game again (through CFG loader) and Nintendont gets to "Loading Config... ok!" and won't budge past this line, 10 seconds later it turns off again. I try a few other games, same result. I then tried redownloading Nintendont (was already on 3.370 I believe the latest version is?), same thing happened. After that I tried launching with the controller unplugged and... it launches all games as normal, then I plug in Dualshock 3 and, instant freeze.

Not sure if it's related to the latest update or I've just been hit with a very rare glitch but right now I'm redownloading controllers.zip and gonna see if my DS3 config is corrupt which is the only thing I can think of at this point. Problem is the controller worked even before I downloaded the config file for DS3, I just needed to change a few buttons which is the only reason I downloaded this file.

More info:

Platform: Wii
Controller: DualShock 3 (not a fake and not the early PS3 Sixaxis controller)
Loader: CFG Loader 78r70.10
Game: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (NTSC-U) - 1:1 ISO image

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just had a weird glitch/freeze. I was playing THPS3 (NTSC-U) and all of a sudden it froze and the Wii turned off 10 seconds-ish later. I've been doing a skater per night over the past week and a half so have played at least 4 hours with the same settings (everything off except emulate memory card and force progressive).

Anyway so all of a sudden my Dualshock 3 just stops and the game continues running, so I just leave it for a few mins, come back and it had turned itself off. Then tried launching the game again (through CFG loader) and Nintendont gets to "Loading Config... ok!" and won't budge past this line, 10 seconds later it turns off again. I try a few other games, same result. I then tried redownloading Nintendont (was already on 3.370 I believe the latest version is?), same thing happened. After that I tried launching with the controller unplugged and... it launches all games as normal, then I plug in Dualshock 3 and, instant freeze.

Not sure if it's related to the latest update or I've just been hit with a very rare glitch but right now I'm redownloading controllers.zip and gonna see if my DS3 config is corrupt which is the only thing I can think of at this point. Problem is the controller worked even before I downloaded the config file for DS3, I just needed to change a few buttons which is the only reason I downloaded this file.

More info:

Platform: Wii
Controller: DualShock 3 (not a fake and not the early PS3 Sixaxis controller)
Loader: CFG Loader 78r70.10
Game: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (NTSC-U) - 1:1 ISO image
delete your config file on the root of the sd/usb(not the ini but the actual nintendont config) it got corrupted for sure.
ps3/ps4 controllers by a very tiny chance can corrupt the config file for nintendont.

Last edited by pedro702,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait, what? Does USB Loader and Nintendont work under OS 58? If so, why load d2x?
if you want only Gamecube backup support, you don't need to install any cIOS on your console.
HBC, Most homebrew (emulators, media players, games, apps, even some game rebooter like Riivolution) are working fine without cIOS. they are all using official IOS and patch them on the fly.

If you want simple EmulatedNAND (other than neek mode, which doesn't need cIOS), or playing Wii backups, then you need d2x cIOS.

Softmod guides never take the user's intention in account and always make them install the same setup for everyone, useful or not.

Reactions: Margen67

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm adding PAL50 patch option to USBLoaderGX, but I don't see any differences when testing that option.
What should I see to know it works fine? which differences in Paper mario for example?

Or maybe it's only affecting RGB scart, not component? (the redish picture)
I'm using component so that's probably why I don't see any issue. And yes, I set the video mode to FORCE PAL50.

Reactions: Troopage

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm adding PAL50 patch option to USBLoaderGX, but I don't see any differences when testing that option.
What should I see to know it works fine? which differences in Paper mario for example?
force pal50 wont do anything, in short that option can be used if you want to force NTSC, so you can enable it then and decide if you want to actually patch PAL50 and PAL60 or only PAL60.

Reactions: Troopage

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i tryed this and i couldnt find the setting that frooze, i tryed ntsc pop sands of time on my wiiu with hdmi and the only option there was turn on or off the tutorials or subtitles or whatever and it didnt frooze for me but i never saw the progressive on or off setting on my wiiu at all since i just choosing progressive yes on the start up or no didnt gave me the option.

up until today on my wiiu i still cant see the same menu you guys say you see i see no progressive on or off setting and my display settings with tutorials on or off never frooze, i cant try on my wii becuase i dont have wii component cables.
I'm on original wii, component cable, ntsc iso. At boot, it asks me if I want progressive or not. When I reach the menu, I go to options, display, NOW I got again the prompt if I want to use progressive or not and can't do anything. I actually don't get to the "tutorials on - off" thing.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm on original wii, component cable, ntsc iso. At boot, it asks me if I want progressive or not. When I reach the menu, I go to options, display, NOW I got again the prompt if I want to use progressive or not and can't do anything. I actually don't get to the "tutorials on - off" thing.
Like i said on my wiiu i never got another progressive ask on display settings by choosing yes or no on startup i never get the promp on display settings ever for progressive my display settings only say tutorials on or off that is it and i can change them and exit them at will.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's really weird. Maybe that's a bug fixed in later releases of PoPSoT discs? There should be no differences at all between wiiU with hdmi and wii with component both running nintendont.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's really weird. Maybe that's a bug fixed in later releases of PoPSoT discs? There should be no differences at all between wiiU with hdmi and wii with component both running nintendont.
there is actualy 2 versions
U.png
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time GC 1.00 Original
eng.ico
fre.ico
spa.ico
DL-DOL-GPTE-USA
blue.png

U.png
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time GC 1.01 Original
eng.ico
fre.ico
spa.ico
DL-DOL-GPTE-USA

the version i have and used to test is the 1.01 acording to my redump md5 check, its highly unlikely that this is the case but if you can get your iso md5 and check if you have version 1.00 or 1.01.

Reactions: marchrius

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
delete your config file on the root of the sd/usb(not the ini but the actual nintendont config) it got corrupted for sure.
ps3/ps4 controllers by a very tiny chance can corrupt the config file for nintendont.

Figured out the problem, it was to do with the controller itself: I tried using it on my PC earlier and oddly, it didn't connect straight away in BetterDS3 (which it usually does), so just now I tried holding it the reset button on the back of it for 10 seconds, plugged it into the Wii and started up Nintendont perfectly. Just gotta reassign face buttons but everythings back to normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment