Hacking Nintendont

bence0307

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys!

Sorry for my stupidity (again) but I want to use codes for the FFCC and I saw something about the Sneek now I don't know what is that or how do I do it and what do I do? :wtf: plus how do I convert text files to gct?

fthvgb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Excuse me. When I started evervy times, it freeze at "loading patched kernel...2 es_Init ... Done! Initing devices...
QQ截图20141227193959.jpg
how can I deal with it?

Kevin Cuep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You still haven't told us anything that can help us figure out why it doesn't work. We need more info like Nintendont version, Wii/Wii U, Nintendont settings, Where are games located USB/SD, 1:1 ISO or shrunk, does ISO Md5/SHA-1 match redump.org?

Still requires USB cable.

On another note of Black screens, I have noticed that when using DMToolbox, it creates a "sys" folder which I have found to be the cause of some of my Black Screens. Make sure to remove it on the device where your games are stored.

You still haven't told us anything that can help us figure out why it doesn't work. We need more info like Nintendont version, Wii/Wii U, Nintendont settings, Where are games located USB/SD, 1:1 ISO or shrunk, does ISO Md5/SHA-1 match redump.org?

On another note of Black screens, I have noticed that when using DMToolbox, it creates a "sys" folder which I have found to be the cause of some of my Black Screens. Make sure to remove it on the device where your games are
Gracias por la informacion, espero implementen mando ps3

On another note of Black screens, I have noticed that when using DMToolbox, it creates a "sys" folder which I have found to be the cause of some of my Black Screens. Make sure to remove it on the device where your games are stored.

Thanks for the info , I hope implemented ps3 controller

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
Did the new usb code added last month break support with 4k sector size hard drives?

The 2tb 2013 Seagate Backup Plus desktop (sector size 512) works perfect

The 2tb 2014 Seagate Backup Plus desktop (sector size 4k) does not work after v2.230. Freezes on init di
It broke mine, i got seagate Backup plus 3tb this version http://amzn.to/1zLvD44 and i cant use it after 2.230 annoyingly. The discs work for the wii but i think they forgot about us.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Because if it was as simple as adding your drive to Nintendont on a list and getting it to work it would be working right now. Much of the USB kernel code was changed to work properly, to have access to all USB ports and to make more HDD's compatible, unfortunately it also broke compatibility with others. I'm sure fix94 has stated that coders are free to look into his USB code for any bugs and mentioned things like timeouts that he wasn't too familiar with, a quick search would help find the post where he gave a hint or two.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
why isnt there a list where we can add our USB's to get them to work with nintendont.

Because if it was as simple as adding your drive to Nintendont on a list and getting it to work it would be working right now. Much of the USB kernel code was changed to work properly, to have access to all USB ports and to make more HDD's compatible, unfortunately it also broke compatibility with others. I'm sure fix94 has stated that coders are free to look into his USB code for any bugs and mentioned things like timeouts that he wasn't too familiar with, a quick search would help find the post where he gave a hint or two.

Actually the idea is very good, but i agree with MassiveRican, it will be very hard to do.

But... someone can make a start collecting info on hdd's and if they work or not. at least we have a starting point which maybe will be usable in the future.

See also HERE and HERE for an example that was setup for Dios Mios..

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually the idea is very good, but i agree with MassiveRican, it will be very hard to do.

But... someone can make a start collecting info on hdd's and if they work or not. at least we have a starting point which maybe will be usable in the future.

See also HERE and HERE for an example that was setup for Dios Mios..
Yes unfortunately it just seems that full 100% compatibility with all drives is staggeringly difficult, and why threads like those for DM and HDD's were setup. It would be a good idea to have one for Nintendont too, to avoid future users buying incompatible drives.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is at least the drive size and sector size correct? it should display that over the DI part...

Yeah that is correct

If it matters the new model has sector size 4k and the old model is sector size 512.

I have a capture card, I can make videos. I don't think it will show much though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I thought PS4/5 and Xbox One emulation would be kind of easy since they basically just a PC
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    they sorta are a pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not