Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Here is my list of compatibility for r250 (settings: wii, usb, shrinked isos, ocarina off, hid - ps2 controller, vmc on [59 blocks], progressive off, widescreen off):

1080 Avalanche - stucks on title screen pretty often. Before r249 run without any problems,
Baten Kaitos - works without any problems (music plays fine!),
Baten Kaitos Origins - works without any problems (music plays fine!),
Battalion Wars - works without any problems,
Beach Spikers - works without any problems,
Bomberman Generation - stucks on loading screen. Before r249 run without any problems,
Bomberman Jetters - works without any problems,
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - works without any problems,
Eternal Darkness - stucks on poem screen (Edgar Allan Poe: "Deep into..."). Before r249 run without any problems,
F-Zero AX - works without any problems (save card isn't emulated yet),
F-Zero GX - works without any problems,
Kirby Air Ride - works without any problems,
Legends of Wrestling - stucks on loading screen (after movie intro). Before r249 the game also doesn't work,
Luigi's Mansion - the game works without any problems, but you can't watch "Pikmin Movie" (included in the options),
Mario Golf - works without any problems,
Mario Kart Arcade GP - works without any problems (save card isn't emulated yet),
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 - works without any problems (save card isn't emulated yet),
Mario Kart Double Dash!! - works without any problems,
Mario Super Tennis - works without any problems,
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes - works with one minor exception: controller doesn't work/respond on first screen (when you can choose to play with progressive on/off). I noticed that this is earlier problem than r249),
Soul Calibur 2 - works without any problems,
Spyro: A Hero's Tail - works without any problems,
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly - works without any problems,
StarFox Adventures - stucks during first Fox McCloud mission (when you ends fly through rings - it's about 4% of game),
StarFox Assault - works without any problems,
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II - works without any problems,
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - works without any problems,
Super Mario Strikers - works without any problems,
Super Mario Sunshine - works without any problems,
Super Smash Bros. Melee - works without any problems,
Virtua Striker 4 ver. 2006 - console turn off after boot,
Wario World - works without any problems,
Wave Race: Blue Storm - stuck on title screen. Before r249 run without any problems,
Worms Blast - works without any problems,
XGRA Extreme G Racing Association - stucks during loading the race pretty often. Before r249 run without any problems,
XIII - stucks during loading screen. Before r249 run without any problems (only with some lags in main menu).
most of your hang ups i bet is becuase of the shrunken isos since they are more sencitive to issues and break more easily.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just finished the coding part for nintendont App and Loader support
check it out!

Update Menu Preview:
noewt0.jpg

App Themes
ehlwdc.jpg

Loader themes:
34t4iex.png
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-themes-and-custom-mods.374469/

Manual update link based on rev 251: http://copy.com/vRN3HgFVyk9u7YuB/Public/boot.dol
This is my final patch: http://copy.com/vRN3HgFVyk9u7YuB/Public/Themes.patch
Feel free to edit and use it to your liking

I'll be adding/changing/editing images later
Have a nice day :)
Abz

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So i've had this problem at least with the latest Rev's anyway. Is it the ISO or what? It randomly happens too, "Please shut down the console and refer to the consoles manual".
At least I got it recorded this time. Was planning on streaming a No Save run and this popped up thinking I cured my freezing and crashing issues with Pedro :hateit: This doesn't happen on Dios Mios either, but Dios Mios will randomly freeze the game whenever it feels necessary.
Anyway has anyone else had this problem? 3:02 is when it crashes.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i've had this problem at least with the latest Rev's anyway. Is it the ISO or what? It randomly happens too, "Please shut down the console and refer to the consoles manual".
At least I got it recorded this time. Was planning on streaming a No Save run and this popped up thinking I cured my freezing and crashing issues with Pedro :hateit: This doesn't happen on Dios Mios either, but Dios Mios will randomly freeze the game whenever it feels necessary.
Anyway has anyone else had this problem? 3:02 is when it crashes.

what nintendont version are you using?
and you should always use full isos md5 checked with redump just to make sure, and you shouldnt do no save runs on nintendont since its still not final and is constantly changing stuff.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
what nintendont version are you using?
and you should always use full isos md5 checked with redump just to make sure, and you shouldnt do no save runs on nintendont since its still not final and is constantly changing stuff.

Full and MD5 is fine. Checked it a few Rev's back when I was having issues with Soul Calibur II. Turns out Soul Calibur II dump was bad :unsure:
When it did that error I was using 2.250 and then updated to 2.251 and got the error just now about 48 minutes in.
I swear it never happened to the earlier versions but I honestly don't remember.

Edit: is it possible for rips to go bad? I just did another check and it doesn't match.

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm I the only one that finds nintendont button mapping annoying and compleatly wrong for classic controllers? Is there a way to change this? I've searched endlessly but I couldn't find anything other than that buttons can be remapped on wired controllers.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm I the only one that finds nintendont button mapping annoying and compleatly wrong for classic controllers? Is there a way to change this? I've searched endlessly but I couldn't find anything other than that buttons can be remapped on wired controllers.
press Minus and the buttons switch

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sky Design It IS possible for a dump to be corrupted after a while, after all it's only a software installed on a hard drive, if the hard drive is corrupted or close to death yes data can go corrupted on its own.

Thanks. A little inconvenient but a few games went corrupt. Maybe this will fix my issues then.

RushHourDuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, do any versions of Sonic Heroes output in widescreen with Nintendont? I used the JPN version with Nintendont and the widescreen was stretched.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full and MD5 is fine. Checked it a few Rev's back when I was having issues with Soul Calibur II. Turns out Soul Calibur II dump was bad :unsure:
When it did that error I was using 2.250 and then updated to 2.251 and got the error just now about 48 minutes in.
I swear it never happened to the earlier versions but I honestly don't remember.

Edit: is it possible for rips to go bad? I just did another check and it doesn't match.
Files on a normal hard drive just wont go bad without giving you a read error. If you can still run checksums on the file you arent getting read errors. that means eather something wrote to the space used by the file or wrote to the allocation table used by the file. common causes are corrupt software, bugs in software that does low level disk access, and using a drive bigger than 2tb with software that dosent support it. The first thing to test is to run a chkdisk on the drive. If it finds cross linked files delete them booth.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Files on a normal hard drive just wont go bad without giving you a read error. If you can still run checksums on the file you arent getting read errors. that means eather something wrote to the space used by the file or wrote to the allocation table used by the file. common causes are corrupt software, bugs in software that does low level disk access, and using a drive bigger than 2tb with software that dosent support it. The first thing to test is to run a chkdisk on the drive. If it finds cross linked files delete them booth.

I use http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag-pro/ - Which to sum it up, gives me the ability to fix my hard drives and defrag them. I've ran multiple chkdsk's. In fact my original laptop hard drive just started giving me errors and had to switch it out. Forget the error names but it relates to the sectors.
Anyway the hard drive I do use for the Wii is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CI3BISU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/spoiler]
While I admit it could be my fault the files are corrupting, do to hard powering off the console do to freezes and crashes or the fact I'm constantly using the hard drive.
Within the Defrag software their is a a decent amount of stuff in the Low Level Disk Access, RE2 was not one of them. In fact I recently took my time to completely reformat the entire hard drive after having it for about a year and switching WBFS to Fat32.

If you want to help more I can stream the stuff for you at any time?

Edit: RE2 was still playable but it always threw out those errors on Nintendont. While Dios Mios would play the game as well but randomly crash instead of giving the error in the video.

Kayael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag-pro/ - Which to sum it up, gives me the ability to fix my hard drives and defrag them. I've ran multiple chkdsk's. In fact my original laptop hard drive just started giving me errors and had to switch it out. Forget the error names but it relates to the sectors.
Anyway the hard drive I do use for the Wii is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CI3BISU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/spoiler]
While I admit it could be my fault the files are corrupting, do to hard powering off the console do to freezes and crashes or the fact I'm constantly using the hard drive.
Within the Defrag software their is a a decent amount of stuff in the Low Level Disk Access, RE2 was not one of them. In fact I recently took my time to completely reformat the entire hard drive after having it for about a year and switching WBFS to Fat32.

If you want to help more I can stream the stuff for you at any time?

Edit: RE2 was still playable but it always threw out those errors on Nintendont. While Dios Mios would play the game as well but randomly crash instead of giving the error in the video.

I had a lot of those errors with my hard drive. Turns out playing from SD slot resolved all of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning