Hacking Nintendont

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Having problems with the deflicker feature in Rogue Leader, when set on, it freezes in the stage selection screen, nothing serious, I don't like the deflicker effect anyway, just reporting it :lol:

hemonecrophagia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use use memory card emulator slot b with nintendont for games like animal crossing, pokemon Colosseum, and sonic adv 2 battle, i have one of the wiis that has no card slots

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
For me F-Zero AX is more miss than hit - usually it just throws error11 at me and it's impossible to return to HBC because controls aren't responding at all. Only power button on console works. Sometimes it shows error12 (wrong JVS configuration). It worked fine after controllers.zip update but not for long and it's semi-broken like that for at least 5-10 revisions. No such problems with GC games or MKAGP1.

P.S. PAL Wii w/4.3 firmware, GC controller.
I noticed these issues started after the update for Batman Vengeance, also Sonic Adventure DX (Alpha) no longer worked after that update but it worked fine before, on the other hand Sonic Mega Collection seems to be less broken now, I dunno.

Earthbound2 Interesting icon, isn't that Sonia from Sonic Underground?

jamen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I did a search for stack dump but all i found for fixes was changing the directory in the root of the usb drive to 'games' which mine already is. if i start nintendon't from HBC it cannot see my games folder and exits. The games folder clearly exists on my 32GB formatted as FAT32 64K cluster USB 3.0 drive. all of the games show up in usb gx loader i can select them, but if i attempt to start them nintendon't opens and goes to a crash dump.

an example game i have is /games/F-Zero GX [GFZE01]/game.iso

no .iso.iso typo, no crazy characters.

I can't get nintendont to load from USB on my wii or wii u. but it loads from SD just fine.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you still adding that snazzy GUI you were showing off? Or could you not figure out what it was doing to pal games?
I'm still working on it during my spare time. My donators have kindly been helping me work the kinks out. I couldn't afford to buy a PAL game, and (while I admit I considered it) I'm not going to pirate one.

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi everyone, I did a search for stack dump but all i found for fixes was changing the directory in the root of the usb drive to 'games' which mine already is. if i start nintendon't from HBC it cannot see my games folder and exits. The games folder clearly exists on my 32GB formatted as FAT32 64K cluster USB 3.0 drive. all of the games show up in usb gx loader i can select them, but if i attempt to start them nintendon't opens and goes to a crash dump.

an example game i have is /games/F-Zero GX [GFZE01]/game.iso

no .iso.iso typo, no crazy characters.

I can't get nintendont to load from USB on my wii or wii u. but it loads from SD just fine.

You need FAT32 32k cluster or less. You should try that first.
It's written in the very first post that has detailed instructions.

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I'll have to try gparted next. I took my 32gb microsd card and put that in an adapter and it worked unfortunately. That means my HDD is the lead suspect but.. why? could be windows, could be because it's 3tb, funny enough though just last week I performed a low level format on it and that took a few days. Now after all of this who knows what I've done to it.

I think for now though I'm just gonna relax a bit. I spent the last few days doing everything I could so I think I'll do what I should have done earlier, play GC games with Dolphin :D

I had this problem. Do you have your USB drive hidden (Stealth)? Try unhiding it and then running. It worked for me, I just get the nag about formatting my hard drive when I boot up the WiiU.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yesterday I repported an issue with Resident Evil Remake. As the game is always freezing I decided to play another Resident Evil.

This time the problem is with Resident Evil Code Veronica X. Again, My copy matches the md5 on redump.org. I use an HD to load games off and also tested with a 16gb Usb Stick. Problem persists.

Resident Code Veronica, seems to work fine, but it sudenly freezes and a loud noise can be heard.

Tested on a Wii U
Resident Evil code Veronica X (GCDP08).

Maybe these games can be on the exception list that superman shadow of apokolips and others are.

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/detail?r=198#

Sidenote: I've beaten Resident Evil 4 fine, no freezes, everything working smooth. Swap disk was fine, the game is really good.
And Resident Evil 4 is also on that ARStartDMA exception List.

As I had no time to play those Resident Evil games in the past, I am playing all of them....

FIX94 If these problems can be looked at, I would really appreciate.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. This is bullsh*t. ALL of my Gamecube backups work on my Wii U. They ALL work flawlessly with Nintendon-t. Thanks to fix94.1, Joostin, Howard_M, grey, crediar (and more), ALL of my games work. Because of which, I don't have a life anymore. And to that I say...

THANK YOU!

#HiDefNostalgia

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yesterday I repported an issue with Resident Evil Remake. As the game is always freezing I decided to play another Resident Evil.

This time the problem is with Resident Evil Code Veronica X. Again, My copy matches the md5 on redump.org. I use an HD to load games off and also tested with a 16gb Usb Stick. Problem persists.

Resident Code Veronica, seems to work fine, but it sudenly freezes and a loud noise can be heard.

Tested on a Wii U

Maybe these games can be on the exception list that superman shadow of apokolips and others are.

Sidenote: I've beaten Resident Evil 4 fine, no freezes, everything working smooth. Swap disk was fine, the game is really good.

As I had no time to play those Resident Evil games in the past, I am playing all of them....

if you fell like trying
i added all of them to superman exception list
(TITLE_ID) == 0x474249 || // RE
(TITLE_ID) == 0x47425a || // RE0
(TITLE_ID) == 0x474344 || // REVeronica
(TITLE_ID) == 0x474841 || // RE2
(TITLE_ID) == 0x474c45 || // RE3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sgm2sxeme1q2jha/boot.dol

Reactions: darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you fell like trying
i added all of them to superman exception list
(TITLE_ID) == 0x474249 || // RE
(TITLE_ID) == 0x47425a || // RE0
(TITLE_ID) == 0x474344 || // REVeronica
(TITLE_ID) == 0x474841 || // RE2
(TITLE_ID) == 0x474c45 || // RE3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sgm2sxeme1q2jha/boot.dol

Thanks, I will try it now and repport back, as soon as I get the results.

EDIT: Unfortunatelly it didn't work. Tested Resident Remake but it froze again...

Kurai_47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, Help
ok, so i got the loader to work and it does load games perfect, but when i turn on memory card emulation and try to load up a game, the screen gets stuck on checking FS, i tried on all block number options, none of them work, help, how can i fix this?? Im using a usb drive formatted FAT32 on vWii

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I looked through the compatibility list, Sonic Riders seems to break after the first race? I have to check this, sadly my dad is hugging the TV watching soccer matches all day, might take a while.

Also Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2 (not plus) is marked as red, I had the impression it was fixed, oh well, Episode 3 however is marked green, last I tested the game it didn't work for me, any suggestions to why? to be fair I don't own the game legally so it could very well be my iso is corrupted since it didn't work in Dios Mios either.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I looked through the compatibility list, Sonic Riders seems to break after the first race? I have to check this, sadly my dad is hugging the TV watching soccer matches all day, might take a while.

Also Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2 (not plus) is marked as red, I had the impression it was fixed, oh well, Episode 3 however is marked green, last I tested the game it didn't work for me, any suggestions to why? to be fair I don't own the game legally so it could very well be my iso is corrupted since it didn't work in Dios Mios either.

md5 check is your friend

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem. Do you have your USB drive hidden (Stealth)? Try unhiding it and then running. It worked for me, I just get the nag about formatting my hard drive when I boot up the WiiU.

Nah I never used it. I know it's annoying though without it. I have to make sure the HDD isn't turned on when the Wii U boots or apps like usb loader GX will freeze. Again I'm thinking it's the HDD itself.

In case anyones curious https://www.lacie.com/US/products/product.htm?id=10559 it's the 3TB model. My best guess is that 3tb drives are not fully supported or 3tb drives with 4k sectors are not fully supported. I've since given up on messing with it though.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tested on a Wii U

Does Code Veronica freeze after the section where you play as Steve? Or is it random?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves