Hacking Nintendont

Bentonoise7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is a Fps problem in some games, like 1080 avalanche when starting some stages, speed of game is too high. from the first release of nintendont with audio streaming supported, until the last release this problem happens. Another thing is that you can play about 30 minutes, then later the game starts to freeze when starting the stage. I've Already reported this issues in compatibility list.
i'm testing other games too.
Thanks to everyone who are doing this awesome work.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan

Someone has found a way to get the 360 controller working with Nintendont! Please add it to the front post for those people who complain that Nintendont doesn't support 360 controllers. The post is fairly lengthy . All credit goes to Khar00f for this find. It might need a spoiler tag

So here's what's required to get your 360 controller to work.

I'm sure there are other adapters that work but those are the ones that I have and that I tested.

2 possible scenarios:

1) Using Xbox 360 wireless controller.

Requires 2 adapters:

A) CronusMax adapter (HID usb device) to convert XINPUT to HID.

B) Xbox360 PC adapter so the wireless controller syncs.

You connect the 360 pc adapter into the CronusMax and the latter into the USB port on your wii/wiiu.

P. S.: You can't use the charging cable for the 360 controller to connect straight into the CronusMax as the cable is only used for charging/power as there is no data transfer over that cable.

2) Using the wired Xbox 360 controller (not tested)

Requires 1 adapter:

A) CronusMax adapter (HID usb device) to convert XINPUT to HID.

Connect the wired controller into the CronusMax.

Goes without saying because it's an HID device a controller.ini is required for input configuration.

Reactions: sj33

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
providing links or brand/PID/VID to the specific adapters would be helpful, as I found plenty of "Xbox360 PC Adapter".
and could someone confirm the wired controller is working the CronusMax adapter?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, my bad. While we're on the subject of compatible controllers, weren't there a couple more that aren't on the front page ( I seem to remember something about Afterglow...)?

I was just getting the 360 controller added to the front page because we get those "WHY YOU SUPPORT PS3 CONTROLLER BUT NO 360" people every so often posting here.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm putting a comprehensive guide together and am gathering info on controllers right now. If anyone wants to help me, send me a PM with any controller info. Maybe when I'm done, somebody might find it useful.

Looking at "PS2 Dual shock" on the compatable controllers/adapters list. I've found 1 and 2 controller adapters. Any particular model, or will any work?

Also, what about third party ps2/ps3/ps4/Wii Classic etc. controllers? Are any known not to work?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm putting a comprehensive guide together and am gathering info on controllers right now. If anyone wants to help me, send me a PM with any controller info. Maybe when I'm done, somebody might find it useful.

Looking at "PS2 Dual shock" on the compatable controllers/adapters list. I've found 1 and 2 controller adapters. Any particular model, or will any work?

Also, what about third party ps2/ps3/ps4/Wii Classic etc. controllers? Are any known not to work?
Any adapter works, Just need to change PID/VID in the .ini to match the adapter one.

carrelho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I have an important issue
My HDD was corrupted after I tried to run Simpsons Hit and Run. The game were in my HDD and after I started the game, I got a green screen and my Wii was shutdown. After that, my HDD was corrupted with only a dummy file with the name of the game and a save folder with the save file
I'm not blaming the devs, It's just a warning for them and for who use this app

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My HDD was corrupted after I tried to run Simpsons Hit and Run. The game were in my HDD and after I started the game, I got a green screen and my Wii was shutdown. After that, my HDD was corrupted with only a dummy file with the name of the game and a save folder with the save file
let me guess you didnt used the latest rev? are you using 2.162? or somehting like 1.0?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First report of this in 729 pages. There was probably something wrong with your HDD at the start

My 6 year old niece played that game for hours and never had a problem

Mayflash 3-in-1 Magic Joy Box can be used to use the wired PS2 controller

I can't get any responce from the xbox port on the adapter. Pretty stupid

carrelho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First report of this in 729 pages. There was probably something wrong with your HDD at the start

My 6 year old niece played that game for hours and never had a problem

Mayflash 3-in-1 Magic Joy Box can be used to use the wired PS2 controller

I can't get any responce from the xbox port on the adapter. Pretty stupid

I dont belive in that, I used my HDD in five year for Wii Games and Game Cube games with Dios Mios, that the frist time I got an error with him

TomTheDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use Nintendont with my Intenso 3TB HDD and it works fine.. but my HDD gos in standby when it dont get used for ~5 minutes. This really can get a problem when you are too long in one area (like beating a boss for example) and the game will crash, because it takes too long for the HDD to spin up again. I wonder if there is a way to fix this problem. Not sure if it is possible to change the code so it gives the HDD more time to spin up again or so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1