Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so you are surprised that you have input lag if you connect a controller to a 3rd-party adapter, that controller adapter goes into a wiimote which adds extension lag on its own, that is paired to a bluetooth chip which is not meant to go through the processor nintendont is in, the data gets rough handled through nintendont itself, then goes to the game and the game finally converts it? Just use a gc controller on a original wii or a wiiu pro controller if you want to reduce input lag.
Also its good you noticed it got better, I always think of new ways in reducing conversion times but it takes up alot of time to make them work.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

At first, why are you swearing so much? I dont think we need todo that here.
Anyways, alot of people have bluetooth controllers so obviously I was going to add it. Oh and that "half-assed" work I did was porting over 5000 lines from the bluetooth stack which I needed to modify quite heavly to even work in nintendont. To that I wrote up 800 lines on my own for handlers and stuff, you know nintendont and the game run in different processors so I need to synchronize different input data from processor to processor which isnt such a simple job. All of that took me a few months of thinking and trying different things out cause you know, I sometimes also have a real life and better things todo in my not payed freetime.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Damn. How ungrateful some people can be...
I lost all faith in mankind.

images

Please, from now on, to anyone who posts:
Restrict yourself from posting feedback if it is not constructive in any way, and let's not use foul language in the comments.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lemme just recap:
You start insulting me, saying I should leave the project and should remove bluetooth because your 3rd-party controller doesnt work with the code I wrote exclusively for original nintendo accessories, you never donated or sent me your controller so I can test it, you never helped the project before and you know that I'm the only one who actually knows howto do stuff in nintendont, did I get it all right?
So now:
I do wonder where your problem is, you know I'm just sitting here wondering which personality inside is talking right now cause I cant believe you are actually yourself, maybe you took some drugs and now you got really angry or something? I dont know. Anyways, I dont really mind cause I hear alot of stupid stuff all the time from people all around the world so I got kinda used to it anyways. Maybe you are just trying to get me angry or something but I think I'm overthinking that right now.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look tomobobo, seriously now, bluetooth works like it should, but if you are going to connect some 3rd party stuff together then chance of getting lag or other problems with it is very likely going to happen, because a lot of 3rd party hardware does not play as nice as the official nintendo hardware.

Also to fix this, a dev is going to need that exact combo of hardware to get it fixed or has to guess.. i don't know if you yourself are a coder, but i can tell you that is a real pain and takes up a lot of time, and even then it is maybe not even possible to fix.

Soo please drop this for now, you did your report, it just was taken up the wrong way, maybe next time just only report stuff without the extra remark.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know some dude made a dev quit working on this program because he was bitching about controllers but...

The controller is fucked.. Super Mario Strikers has a super strike shot you take where you have to time this little gauge to make the shot and the controller barely registers and it's a half second late if it does.

This is using bluetooth and the mayflash adapter, not all games seem as bad but Strikers is one you can definitely tell the shit is fucked.

Don't quit cause of it now. Don't throw in the towel. There's still work to do, sorry, but it's real.

Oh I forgot to mention that there actually was a major improvement from 2.161 and 2.163 on this issue, the updated version also fixed the problem with Luigi's Mansion and the trigger being stuck in just barely. You can see a difference in Strikers between 2.161 and 2.163 also, but it's still lagged to hell.

Here, this is what I started with. Maybe that was antagonizing to you FIX cause you're still working on the program? I didn't know. The last I heard you left because of this issue. That's why I was trying to tell the current programmers not to quit or give up like you had.

If you'd like a donation of a mayflash adapter, I'd love to send you one. I wasn't trying to start a flame war, I was simply reporting a bug.

I promise, the problem was with these other dudes coming in and calling me ungrateful. I love the program and I've been waiting a long time to use it. I've tried testing some games and made a couple bug reports.

But there really is an issue with input lag, I tested the problem with a Classic Controller Pro and the mayflash adapter, and maybe it's game specific, which is why I went so far as to describe when the issue happens in what game...

I don't want anyone to quit, unless you want to quit. But you shouldn't want to quit because someone says the controller lags. That's all I was trying to say.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But you shouldn't want to quit because someone says the controller lags.

Why would I quit because of some controller lag lol, anyways for especially mario smash football I have an idea on why you experience lag, the game is interrupt based and the interrupts are both low and might not even get handled. I never noticed it on my wii but I know consoles can react differently.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
why would would FIX94 quit? the guy is a Global Mod... its more likely the fool.. would get banned cause his toy is not working.

*goes back to listening 99 red balloons (99 Luftballons) & playing Donkey Kong to get those red balloons*

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha I have no idea what you just said!

The game has a feature where if you hold the "shoot" button, B by default, with the captain of the team, it enters into this little mini game and you have to hit the guage at either yellow and green or green and green to make the shot. I can't even get yellow yellow which should be super easy, but if you try and see maybe you will see what I mean. Try to just get yellow to yellow, it's hard for me, and I used to be a super boss at this game.

Were you saying something isn't handled that should be? I dunno if it's game specific, I really haven't noticed any problems in any other games, but I haven't tried a serious run of smash yet. Sunshine and Luigis mansion are completely playable, warioware 4 player all bluetooth too. Feels super cool to have my GC back on the Wii U.

And I was serious about the mayflash adapter, gimme a PM if you wanna get serious. It'd be nice to show you how nice they are, even with their small problems. You'd probably change the - button for clockwise control spin if you had one too. :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was really good in the game too so I know what you mean, that was just some technical talk on whats different, most games use direct reads so for those the input lag is not that heavy. Now mario smash football gets about 29 interrupts a second from me which on my console is alright but for yours it might be really bad, so for testing purpose I've upped it to 118 interrupts a second, might want to test it:
https://www.mediafire.com/?4o3jupr0p6126kx

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sick! Gimme a second I'll edit this post.

OMFG!

Change your name to QUICKFIX cause holy shit that works so much better dude!

The mayflash hits it fine now! I swear to god just super stirked! So sick dude you're a fucking champion.

I dunno what you did but if it can get a little tighter it would be boss but that did so much difference man, so much. DON'T HIT ME

PM me now I'm buying the adapters.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously if people are going to complain about game compatibility or controller issues then I don't blame the devs if they quit.

Go look back at the history of the compatibility page for december and january. 90% of games didn't work. Few few games even had sound. Memory card emulation was abysmal

That just shows you how much work the devs have put into this project in less then a year without even getting paid

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so if you guys wanna test something new, I think having 240 interrupts for controls is pretty solid, if you can find any problems with it let me know:
https://www.mediafire.com/?4ltfu6wqm6i8fve
I'm not commiting it yet because I dont think one little change is enough and also I'm not sure if its stable in all games.

Erick8x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fix94, forgiveness, but is there a way of fix the problem that nintendont not detect the classic controller pro interworks the controller? I think he not only recognizes the pro controller and requires a force extension present. Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 1tb SD card for whatever reason