XP
Country
United States

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkened Skye skips the opening cinematic after starting new game, possibly others. Anyone confirm? Also, sparkle effects when swinging staff are glitched.

Donald Duck: Goin Qu@ckers! has no graphic glitches at all.

Dragon's Lair 3D runs at normal speed.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having some extremely rotten luck with Burnout 2, like, really bad luck. So, just went to redump.org to make sure the rip wasn't corrupted, and turns out, it's clean as it should be. SHA-1, MD5, CRC32 all match the ones found for the NTSC-U version. Just to doubly check, game was renamed to game.iso and placed in USB:/Games/Game ID/game.iso, in this case, Burnout uses the ID GB4E51 for this version. Every time I tried, I always got a dark grey screen, but it didn't freeze up as I could use the reset combo just fine and would bring me back to the Homebrew Channel, so that's good in that regard. Updated to version 2.148, which at the time of writing, is the most recent build, the config files were deleted after installing the new version, the logs were deleted, all files and folder hierarchy set up properly and yet, still the game refuses to load. However, user ShadowOne333 also has a clean dump and it works fine on his Wii as well, so either something is set up improperly on my end, the ISO image somehow got corrupted despite being verified as a clean dump on the site or I just rotten luck.

Any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I seem to be having some extremely rotten luck with Burnout 2, like, really bad luck. So, just went to redump.org to make sure the rip wasn't corrupted, and turns out, it's clean as it should be. SHA-1, MD5, CRC32 all match the ones found for the NTSC-U version. Just to doubly check, game was renamed to game.iso and placed in USB:/Games/Game ID/game.iso, in this case, Burnout uses the ID GB4E51 for this version. Every time I tried, I always got a dark grey screen, but it didn't freeze up as I could use the reset combo just fine and would bring me back to the Homebrew Channel, so that's good in that regard. Updated to version 2.148, which at the time of writing, is the most recent build, the config files were deleted after installing the new version, the logs were deleted, all files and folder hierarchy set up properly and yet, still the game refuses to load. However, user ShadowOne333 also has a clean dump and it works fine on his Wii as well, so either something is set up improperly on my end, the ISO image somehow got corrupted despite being verified as a clean dump on the site or I just rotten luck.

Any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Weird that this happens since I booted the game without issues in my old Wii.
Also, the_randomizer has been using the same kind of old Wii with GC ports.

Anyone that can help out on this?
Randomizer, we haven't tried forcing the game with different video patches. Might as well give it a try starting by forcing NTSC

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird that this happens since I booted the game without issues in my old Wii.
Also, the_randomizer has been using the same kind of old Wii with GC ports.

Anyone that can help out on this?
Randomizer, we haven't tried forcing the game with different video patches. Might as well give it a try starting by forcing NTSC

Even though the ISO is already NTSC-U? No, I haven't tried that, and there's also OS reporting to make a log, so I'll use that before I load an ISO image. The fact the ISO matches all the hashes for SHA-, CRC32 and MD5 and refuses to load says something is jacked up on my end. That should not be happening in 2.148 on a 2006 model Wii. Other games I test work perfectly fine, which is weird, all using the same method and are all clean.

Oh and SADX freezes when creating a new save.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even though the ISO is already NTSC-U? No, I haven't tried that, and there's also OS reporting to make a log, so I'll use that before I load an ISO image. The fact the ISO matches all the hashes for SHA-, CRC32 and MD5 and refuses to load says something is jacked up on my end. That should not be happening in 2.148 on a 2006 model Wii. Other games I test work perfectly fine, which is weird, all using the same method and are all clean.

Oh and SADX freezes when creating a new save.
Might as well just give it a shot. :P

I booted SADX on r2.148 with MC emu enabled, and the game created the save file with no issues. O.O

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well just give it a shot. :P

I booted SADX on r2.148 with MC emu enabled, and the game created the save file with no issues. O.O

Damn...the ISO must have gotten corrupted during the ripping process, will try again and match the hashes. :rolleyes: There HAS to be way to get that to work... Bloody rotten luck.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it froze and that it wasn't the controller disconnecting? Just curious.

It had a message that was creating a save, I was able to reset using the button combo, so it wasn't a disconnect, but it froze at the save creation screen. Yeah, which lead me to believe the ISO somehow got corrupted. I'll have to re-dump it, again, worked fine in Dios Mios and works on Dolphin, of all things.

I'll need to double check the SHA-1, MD5 and CRC.

Edit: Yep, the ISO got corrupted when I ripped it, does not match SHA-1, MD5 or any other hashes. Not good, will need to re-dump for sure.:rolleyes::P

Reactions: SuperrSonic

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started really digging into nintendont, using a normal wii, wavebird controller, and every single game shrunk with Disc EX 0.8 with the -c -a commands, and 0 issues so far. Tested about 10 games and the only one so far with any issue is Billy Hatcher which is in the wiki already for memory card issues. Will continue trying more later. Eventually i plan on having the entire GC library on hdd, i hope the 250+ game bug does get fixed at some point also, but no rush atm.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I don't mean to sound like a broken record but can anyone offer some insight into why I can't get games to display in 4:3 on vWii despite disabling force widescreen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1