Hacking Nintendont

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Usb Loader GX for my Wii and am running it off a USB HDD. I could never get the Memory Card Emulation to work through it, would freeze when trying to create game data for F-Zero X... Anyone know why Memory Card Emulation (NMM or something) is not working for me? My HDD is formatted to FAT32...

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
NMM is a fickle creature and does not support memory card emulation for every game. U can check the compatibility list here to see if the game you want to play supports NMM for now. AFAIK support for NMM is expanding for Wii U.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NMM is a fickle creature and does not support memory card emulation for every game. U can check the compatibility list here to see if the game you want to play supports NMM for now. AFAIK support for NMM is expanding for Wii U.

Where is the compatability list? Also besides the upcoming Nintendont, are there other GameCube loaders that work with Wii U?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I fixed the link for the compatibility list. Sorry about that, just click on the word "here". Besides Devolution and Nintendont I know of nothing else, let alone anyone else that has the ability besides Tueidj and Crediar to do so.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the link for the compatibility list. Sorry about that, just click on the word "here". Besides Devolution and Nintendont I know of nothing else, let alone anyone else that has the ability besides Tueidj and Crediar to do so.

Ok, thanks!
Do you know if Nintendont will support Ocarina/Cheats for games?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry again, but is that compatability list for Dios Mios, or Devolution?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
just to recap...
work for free but do it faster. i need your free software to support hardware i don't own
I didn't mean it like that, I'm just excited that once I get a Wii U, which will probably be soon (Sonic Lost World looks promising) I know I can still play my favorite GC backups.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Crediar better fix the Cripple video output on PAL Wiiu's for Nintendon't
Even the official vWii system menu is in horrible 576i 1080p upscaling.

We PAL users are screwed concerning vWii....
Right now I wish I had a NTSC-U Wiiu....

edwardbirkholz05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crediar better fix the Cripple video output on PAL Wiiu's for Nintendon't
Even the official vWii system menu is in horrible 576i 1080p upscaling.

We PAL users are screwed concerning vWii....
Right now I wish I had a NTSC-U Wiiu....
Please, enough with this BS.
Go read the Digital Foundry article you yourself linked to in this post. It explains quite clearly that a WiiU configured to output via HDMI will always make wii software internally use 480p/PAL60 if they support it - this obviously includes the system menu. Only the few PAL wii titles that never supported 480p (like madworld) use 576i, deinterlaced before converting to 720p or 1080p @ 50Hz.
Even more ridiculous:
Hell, even the USBLOAD GX Gui is being upscaled from 576 i wich makes no sense to me.
You claimed this even after being told there's a bug in libogc that prevents it from reading the correct video mode on vwii, which means it always defaults to NTSC... so there's no way a homebrew program could select 576i as the "system default" video mode...

Reactions: MassiveRican

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please, enough with this BS.
Go read the Digital Foundry article you yourself linked to in this post. It explains quite clearly that a WiiU configured to output via HDMI will always make wii software internally use 480p/PAL60 if they support it - this obviously includes the system menu. Only the few PAL wii titles that never supported 480p (like madworld) use 576i, deinterlaced before converting to 720p or 1080p @ 50Hz.
Even more ridiculous:
You claimed this even after being told there's a bug in libogc that prevents it from reading the correct video mode on vwii, which means it always defaults to NTSC... so there's no way a homebrew program could select 576i as the "system default" video mode...
My friend, you obviousely to not have PAL Wiiu.
This has nothing to do with Wiiu homebrew devkits.
It's abug in the PAL wiiu system menu.
The PAL Wii u deinterlaced a PAL 567i signal NOT present on NTSCU Wiius.
This results in a grabage 1080p, 480p upscaled image.

I suppose to are NOT familiar with the bugged PAL twilight princess 480p video mode?
It basicly the same bug, but now for all vWII games.

The problem is nintendo seems to think that PAL users only use a 567i video system.
so it defaults to the standard PAL system wich is 567i. Mainly for VC purposes.
As a side effect the WiiU hardware upscaled this image to 480p/ 1080p resulting is these artifacts.
Lines, striping, dotcrawling etc.
NTSC users get 480p out of the box so those users to not have these problem as there's no deinterlacing needed.

Just to be clear, my exprience is not from that article, it's from practical use.
I found the article later as it present a similar problem.
For instance COD Black ops on vWii can only be forced to display 480i.
It's annoying at most, and I'm happy to have an actual PAL Wii standing for comparison.
ted
What is also annoying is that the vWii automaticly upscales to 1080p whn a HDMI cable is connected.
For component cables it resorts to an 567i upscaled 480p ( still deinterlaced for 567i...go figure )
Keep in mind that the original WII supported 480p with component leads from the box.
This in my eyes makes no sense.
This problem could be linked to Virtual console support ( wich in PAL region is 567i default )

I think the most logical explanation is that when Nintendo released the cripple system menu for Mini Wii's the dicided to implement the same menu for vWii.
Just to be clear, the MINI has no component support in PAL region only composite.
So by default the MINI cannot display progressive signals AT ALL.

The Wiiu makes a difference by upscaling this interlaced image resulting in artifacting.
ONLY ON PAL WIIU's

I am NOT full of BS.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend, you obviousely to not have PAL Wiiu.
This has nothing to do with Wiiu homebrew devkits.
It's abug in the PAL wiiu system menu.
The PAL Wii u deinterlaced a PAL 567i signal NOT present on NTSCU Wiius.
This results in a grabage 1080p, 480p upscaled image.

I suppose to are NOT familiar with the bugged PAL twilight princess 480p video mode?
It basicly the same bug, but now for all vWII games.

The problem is nintendo seems to think that PAL users only use a 567i video system.
so it defaults to the standard PAL system wich is 567i. Mainly for VC purposes.
As a side effect the WiiU hardware upscaled this image to 480p/ 1080p resulting is these artifacts.
Lines, striping, dotcrawling etc.
NTSC users get 480p out of the box so those users to not have these problem as there's no deinterlacing needed.
It must suck to have a pal wii u. :(

Reactions: Hielkenator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shove a gerbil through a tube