Hacking Nintendont

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I don't understand. I had the receiver plugged in, but not turned on. I turned it on mid game and it worked as normal.

as you said

I tested three other (brand) wireless gamecube controllers and they plug and play just fine.

Those are other brands NOT wavebirds. This is a case whare the fakes work and the official wavebird dosent.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as you said

Those are other brands NOT wavebirds. This is a case whare the fakes work and the official wavebird dosent.

As I said
I just launched Def Jam Vendetta with the CCP, wavebird plugged into P2, turned off. Went to multiplayer and turned it on at the press start screen and it worked.

Honestly not trying to start an argument here, just stating that my results differ and contradict what others have reported, for whatever reason. .\/..

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've notice random disc read errors since around rev 171.

We just got one on The Fairly Oddparents: Breakin' Da Rules and we had one the other day on Super Mario Sunshine. Seems like this has come and gone with different revs and the errors seems random. Previously it used to error on Sunshine when exiting a level.

If I can reproduce the error, I'll add more to this to see if maybe we can figure out what causes it. They are shrunk but have played fine without error before.

Also, I cannot run Ocarina of Time Master Quest, it freezes on black screen once I choose the game. It launches fine, but freezes after the selection. Same applies for the 4 pack collectors edition, those games do not load for me. I made sure to keep them full size ISO, 1:1 MD5 verified with redump.

Something is wrong with your Master Quest iso, i have been playing it for many recent revisions with no problems.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline Love the work you did on the updater, it's a real time saver. But is there any way to know what you're updating to? Would there be a way to display changelog info before updating, instead of updating blindly? Not begging, just askin ;)
Maybe. I'm not making promises though.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean that I won't get the "You can't use the camera now" error when I'm trying to play Mario Kart Arcade GP 2??

Or will I just have to wait in the meantime??

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Oh heck yes it is.
I am amazed at the progress. It's almost daily now and more and more games are getting green in the compatibility list.

At this rate we will have the Ultimate GC Loader by X-mas :P

One more question, why, sometimes, when trying to use a Wiimote in the middle of a game, all 4 lights flash blue and stay that way? I haven't even got a Wii Remote Plus to work with Nintendon't yet... Thanks :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
One more question, why, sometimes, when trying to use a Wiimote in the middle of a game, all 4 lights flash blue and stay that way? I haven't even got a Wii Remote Plus to work with Nintendon't yet... Thanks :)

Though question.
The only time I got that kind of error was when I tried to boot Medal of Honor and got a black screen on boot along with he 4 LED lights all lit.
Is it an original Nintendo Wiimote? If it is then it might be because Wiimotes w/Plus are not fully compatible yet.
I use a normal Wiimote with the Motion Plus attached below.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Though question.
The only time I got that kind of error was when I tried to boot Medal of Honor and got a black screen on boot along with he 4 LED lights all lit.
Is it an original Nintendo Wiimote? If it is then it might be because Wiimotes w/Plus are not fully compatible yet.
I use a normal Wiimote with the Motion Plus attached below.
Yeah, the original Wii Remote works fine...

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
The Motion Plus one you are using is third party or the official one?
Official, I have five:
  • 1 from "Wii Party U"
  • 1 from "Wii Play Motion", it has a slightly different design which makes the "sync" button harder to reach
  • 3 "Peach", "Mario", and "Luigi" Wii Remotes
And all five gave me the 4 solid blue lights...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Official, I have five:
  • 1 from "Wii Party U"
  • 1 from "Wii Play Motion", it has a slightly different design which makes the "sync" button harder to reach
  • 3 "Peach", "Mario", and "Luigi" Wii Remotes
And all five gave me the 4 solid blue lights...
Then it is the Wiimotes with Motion Plus integrated that give this problems.
Anyone else can confirm this issue?

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

I also mentioned this in page 789 and noone bothered to answer me....:O (issue 83 on google code page)

I'm using launch wii, ninendont r178, wiimote motion plus original, classic controller original.
I un-buried my old wiimote and bluetooth works!! So, I guess the problem lies in motion plus.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So GP1 only worked so far because nintendont actually skipped a patch pattern for no reason, it seems to be detected "properly" now so I needed to add a simple safety check.
-added safety check for GCAMIdentify patch, fixes mario kart gp1
-other tiny optimizations
Thank you Fix, since we're on the topic of Triforce is there a way to implement the save format Crediar used for Quadforce maybe? I'm guessing this should save time creating one!

Oh heck yes it is.
I am amazed at the progress. It's almost daily now and more and more games are getting green in the compatibility list.

At this rate we will have the Ultimate GC Loader by X-mas :P
I hate to be negative but there's still the random crashes that as far as I know isn't clear why, I hope Nintendont gets more stability, I can't play Crazy Taxi (Crazy Box) without crashing every couple of missions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, SnooPINGAS