Hacking Nintendont

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just started playing with this for the first time today. It's fantastic. One thing though, I'm having trouble with my WaveBird. I got it working a couple of times, but most of the time it won't work. I see the light come on the receiver but the game doesn't respond to it. I always make sure the WaveBird is switched on before loading Nintendont. My wired controllers work fine.
I'm using a launch Wii.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just started playing with this for the first time today. It's fantastic. One thing though, I'm having trouble with my WaveBird. I got it working a couple of times, but most of the time it won't work. I see the light come on the receiver but the game doesn't respond to it. I always make sure the WaveBird is switched on before loading Nintendont. My wired controllers work fine.
I'm using a launch Wii.
afaik wvabird only works if you use it to select the games in the nintenont menu itself

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik wvabird only works if you use it to select the games in the nintenont menu itself
I call bullshit. Launched from Wiiflow and it works fine. What breaks it is unplugging/replugging, or adding wavebirds midgame. I tested three other (brand) wireless gamecube controllers and they plug and play just fine.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I call bullshit. Launched from Wiiflow and it works fine. What breaks it is unplugging/replugging, or adding wavebirds midgame. I tested three other (brand) wireless controllers and they plug and play just fine.
wavebird has been reported several times to randomly no work if you didnt activated prior from launching a gc iso if you use it on wiiflow then its activated once the iso lauchs too and so on, i dont have a WB but i saw several ppl saying this trought the thread.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wavebird has been reported several times to randomly no work if you didnt activated prior from launching a gc iso if you use it on wiiflow then its activated once the iso lauchs too and so on, i dont have a WB but i saw several ppl saying this trought the thread.

It works for me every time if I select the game using the WaveBird, including if I select from within CFG Loader using the WaveBird. I'm happy with that. The times that it doesn't work is when I turn on the Wii and the do everything with the Wii Remote.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I call bullshit. Launched from Wiiflow and it works fine. What breaks it is unplugging/replugging, or adding wavebirds midgame. I tested three other (brand) wireless gamecube controllers and they plug and play just fine.
Meaning you essentially selected the game with the Wavebird controller.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How "random" is it?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meaning you essentially selected the game with the Wavebird controller.
No, I launched a game from wiiflow, then pressed buttons in game to make sure it worked.

So unless there's another determining factor (like a different usb loader that handles controller info differently when launching games, I dunno)....

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB seem to be very sensitive some ppl said sometimes they didnt work while other time they did i can get a ratio for you but what i can say is if you activate it before the gc iso launch it will work everytime.

Meaning..?

I just launched Def Jam Vendetta with the CCP, wavebird plugged into P2, turned off. Went to multiplayer and turned it on at the press start screen and it worked.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Meaning..?

I just launched Def Jam Vendetta with the CCP, wavebird plugged into P2, turned off. Went to multiplayer and turned it on at the press start screen and it worked.
like several ppl said its random it works or not it has been reported by alot of ppl even now you got a person that just reported that, where his WB wouldnt connect sometimes when launching from CFG without it on.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline Love the work you did on the updater, it's a real time saver. But is there any way to know what you're updating to? Would there be a way to display changelog info before updating, instead of updating blindly? Not begging, just askin ;)

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wavebird communicates differently than a standard gamecube controller. Most non wavebird wireless game cube controllers communicate as tho they are wired. That is why they work. Just because the non wavebird wireless controller works dosent mean the wavebird will. From what I can tell the wavebird needs to be activly communicating at the point the nintendont kernal initalizes the gamecube ports for it to work correctly.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wavebird communicates differently than a standard gamecube controller. Most non wavebird wireless game cube controllers communicate as tho they are wired. That is why they work. Just because the non wavebird wireless controller works dosent mean the wavebird will. From what I can tell the wavebird needs to be activly communicating at the point the nintendont kernal initalizes the gamecube ports for it to work correctly.
This is what I don't understand. I had the receiver plugged in, but not turned on. I turned it on mid game and it worked as normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/xFDhQpEvlZk?si=kqJdI9iTOdVcG8-y