Hacking Nintendont

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a call to all the people that edit the new nintendont compatibility list.

I already see some conflicting things happening, for example: Mega Man Network Transmission (the list says it works, but in the notes it says: Black screen on boot..)
Please be very thoroug before adding or editing stuff.. also please read the guidelines first, because it says clearly how to...

I don't want to be nagging or anything but i think it will be in everyones best interest to keep the list clean and up to date with the correct info.

EDIT (after thinking a bit about it): i also question if a game has freezes and/or glitches, it qualifies as working, but hey, i am a perfectionist with these things... :teach: :rofl2:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if guideline needs more precisions, feel free to edit it.
I copied the DML guideline.

Also, r15 should have the same compatibility than r13. don't try the same game again if you can test new one first.

If it freeze (like for Zelda or Mario sunshine), I guess it depends if it's random freeze of 100% freezing making it unplayable.
Zelda freeze is rare, so it's marked as working + note saying occasional freezes.

Same for the sound, in zelda the sound glitch is very rare (sometime, in the intro), compared to games like Tales of symphonia where the glitch is present 100% of the time, so I marked it as working instead of issue.

Issues for sound would be issue in specific place/music, but working fine in other places.

Not working would be for games where there's no sound at all, or wrong audio is played (audio streaming?).

if/When most DSP modes will work, you can focus on little sound issue and mark them as issue again.

Did anyone tested audio streaming games?
The code for supporting audio streaming is in the sources. I don't know if it's working yet.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, thanx for the extended explanation.. i just felt there was something missing... but i think it will be hard to fit in.
But i can agree on the things you explained.
So for now i guess it's ok, but i won't hesitate to edit the list if i think i can improve stuff ;)

Tanx..again

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
one of the biggest problems i have is the shoulder buttons on the WiiU pad using the mayflash adapter being digital like in WW you cant crouch or has this been fixed yet ???

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
with the GameCube controller, full press isn't like digital?
Link crouch from 50% to fully pressed.

edit:
I'll add an option to use Digital Triggers instead of Analog triggers.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
with the GameCube controller, full press isn't like digital?
Link crouch from 50% to fully pressed.

I suggested a button/value replacement few posts ago, I'll see if it can be implemented.
I can test it by assigning L/R to buttons.

Edit:
Buttons conditions can be added.
If L (digital) is pressed, send L=xx (user value, full pressed in this case) instead of the offset value.

the button conditions im guessing they need adding to the controller.ini but im not sure how it needs to be for the app to understand it

my ini is the same as the one in the nintendont_wiiuprousb.ini in the source trunk
could you give me a little help please

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need to edit the HID.c to add condition/redirection. it's not currently working feature.
I'm currently thinking what would be the best way to add more data to .ini (adding an option, or always checking for the conditions) for future compatibility/improvement. doing things randomly it not a good idea.

Edit:
I'll only add a new setting for Digital Triggers to always send Full pressed Analog button at the same time.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
coding in c is alittle beyond me right now ive only done some really easy lessons on it
hope the conditions can be added as a working feature
i would much prefer to use the pro pad over a ps3 one

THA-REAPER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the highest compacity SD Card Wii U can support?
Also going does it make a difference in vwii?

I have a full ntsc Redump and testing out the compatibility of whats not up on the list. I know that its going to become some tedious task of copying to SD, testing, running out of space, deleting etc.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a full ntsc Redump and testing out the compatibility of whats not up on the list. I know that its going to become some tedious task of copying to SD, testing, running out of space, deleting etc.

32 GB SDHC. SDXC cards can theoretically work, but they have be formatted differently.

Reactions: THA-REAPER

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Largest I've tested for a regular Wii is 32GB SDHC I suspect 64GB SDXC would work were it reformatted with FAT32 rather than xFAT or whatever it's called, but I don't know if anyone's tried it.

Reactions: THA-REAPER

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, im now by episode 8 of lain