Hacking Nintendont

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i had a weird problem with Sonic adventure 2 Battle, not about sound, input or video, but about codes
i try the famous moonjump code, super speed code and electric shield code but none of those works
plus, i try the code that force to load a stage (ya know, for example.. hold up to load green hill) and a character loader made there in gbatemp (hold a button to play as sonic/knuckles/tails/shadow/eggman/rouge) and they work, so idk whats going on, i try a lot of loaders but they have the same result

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Taz Wanted" and "Tony Hawk's American Wasteland" are finally working with the new update, thanks FIX94 :)
on wiki it's written that "The Simpsons Road Rage" is working with v1.129 but it's actually not (both iso and shrunk).
it's weird that somebody edits the wiki without testing the game.
still giving the black screen but according to wiki it can be fixed by using r87 of FakeInterrupt.S.
i don't know what it means but i'm sure you will fix it.

update: after playing American Wasteland for a nice half hour (both iso and shrunk) it got froze suddenly. on previous builds i couldn't even go further on skater selection screen, so there's an improvement already.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"Taz Wanted" and "Tony Hawk's American Wasteland" are finally working with the new update, thanks FIX94 :)
on wiki it's written that "The Simpsons Road Rage" is working with v1.129 but it's not. still giving the black screen but according to wiki it can be fixed by using r87 of FakeInterrupt.S.
i don't know what it means but i'm sure you will fix it.
Black screen and the compatibility list says otherwise?
Same happens to me with one game... Damn Medal Of Honor!

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Guys, we really need new policies for the updating of that compatibility list. Not everyone should be able to do it 'cause the testing is not been doing right.

To test a game you have to:
  • Try it in both consoles (Wii and WiiU).
  • Play everything before just gameplay (Options, modes,extras, videos), to find issues.
  • Play the game for a hour or more (Because some games shows issues in play time).
  • Try to be specific in what's wrong in the game paying attention to details, some issues are very random, like frozens, so if it's first time you see one in a game, try it again.

Well I will think more requirements later, I'm going to work. If you think this will be helpful, let me know that, and if not, well I try it. Good day.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And i want to add to above poster "Test with FULL ISO first (verified) before anything else..." and use the standard settings (mcemu can be turned on thouhg).

Also it would be wise to delete the config files once in a while.

PS, i don't neccesarily agree with testing on both Wii and WiiU.
Not all people have both..

TGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well technically, if it works on one console, it should work on the other. There are always exceptions, but those can be added afterwards.
Instead I suggest that you list which console you tested on (Wii, Family Wii, vWii)

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys, we really need new policies for the updating of that compatibility list. Not everyone should be able to do it 'cause the testing is not been doing right.

To test a game you have to:
  • Try it in both consoles (Wii and WiiU).
  • Play everything before just gameplay (Options, modes,extras, videos), to find issues.
  • Play the game for a hour or more (Because some games shows issues in play time).
  • Try to be specific in what's wrong in the game paying attention to details, some issues are very random, like frozens, so if it's first time you see one in a game, try it again.
Well I will think more requirements later, I'm going to work. If you think this will be helpful, let me know that, and if not, well I try it. Good day.

I agree and disagree, as it's been said, not everyone has both consoles. I think it's enough to test it and see if it works, IF someone then tries with another console and finds an issue, they can add a note. Also, IMO The most important thing to mark a game as green is to have it playable from start to end with MCEmu working (but that would slow down stuff, so just playing half and hour or past a few save points should be good); everything else can be ironed later, so Extras, Rumble and other options like that aren't really important, widescreen and stuff can be tested optionally and shouldn't be "needed" for a basic compatibility test.

Then the Isos SHOULD be 1:1 and verified (maybe even test with Dolphin if that's an option); and given the recent finding about Spyro working in Family wii's when loaded from GX but resulting in black screen if loaded from Nintendont; I'd suggest that people tries First with Nintendont, and then with a loader if the game isn't working.

Reactions: gothicall

JaeLinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey does anyone know how to do a disc switch for games with 2 discs? I have Resident Evil Code Veronica X and don't want to start playing until I'm sure I can switch the disc when the time comes. Obviously in this case it's not a physical disc but an .iso. Anyways has anyone done this yet?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i usually test with all nintendont default settings except mcemu wich i turn on and i always play until the end of the first level/mission and save im not gonna play one hour for each game that would be ridiculous it would take ages to test one hour each game if anyone else then plays the game past the first level and finds issues nothing stops them from going into the compat list and edit or add notes.

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey does anyone know how to do a disc switch for games with 2 discs? I have Resident Evil Code Veronica X and don't want to start playing until I'm sure I can switch the disc when the time comes. Obviously in this case it's not a physical disc but an .iso. Anyways has anyone done this yet?
the disc switch is automatic
Edit: just make sure both iso's are named right

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

As zombieman said, the disc switch is automatic, as long as you have both isos in the same folder, Disc 1 should be game.iso and Disc 2 should be named disc2.iso

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I agree and disagree, as it's been said, not everyone has both consoles. I think it's enough to test it and see if it works, IF someone then tries with another console and finds an issue, they can add a note. Also, IMO The most important thing to mark a game as green is to have it playable from start to end with MCEmu working (but that would slow down stuff, so just playing half and hour or past a few save points should be good); everything else can be ironed later, so Extras, Rumble and other options like that aren't really important, widescreen and stuff can be tested optionally and shouldn't be "needed" for a basic compatibility test.

Then the Isos SHOULD be 1:1 and verified (maybe even test with Dolphin if that's an option); and given the recent finding about Spyro working in Family wii's when loaded from GX but resulting in black screen if loaded from Nintendont; I'd suggest that people tries First with Nintendont, and then with a loader if the game isn't working.
I only have a wii, but as I said at first, it's needed maybe a new post to feed that compatibility tests, and then, maybe just one or more known users, use that info to feedback the list. Sounds complicated, but I think that can assure trully info.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I only have a wii, but as I said at first, it's needed maybe a new post to feed that compatibility tests, and then, maybe just one or more known users, use that info to feedback the list. Sounds complicated, but I think that can assure trully info.

To be honest... I don't think we need to filter and check everyone who wants to test and edit. If someone made a mistake and you found out that game is actually working or never worked, or stopped working.. Just change it, and it's done. You don't need to go out and make a witch hunt to see who made the mistake in the first place. Leave that for the unlikely case in which someone keeps changing that entry with bad info.

Making a whole thread to discuss compatibility sounds like a waste of time, because you'd have to wait until someone "authorized" confirms that it's working before adding that entry to the list, and since compatibility can change from one rev to another, I don't see it as something reasonable to do. Besides, not everyone has all the GC games to test and confirm if they work, and I think it's against the rules to discuss the DL of games so "technically" you'd need a whole lot of authorized users to confirm the info, or several other people to say "yes it works" before the editors can move.

tldr; we just need to stick to certain rules when testing, there's no need to limit the number of people who can edit the list.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only problem I have is when people edit the list to change a game from working to not working and they don't include the last working revision. Already seen this happen to a few games already.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well technically, if it works on one console, it should work on the other. There are always exceptions, but those can be added afterwards.
Instead I suggest that you list which console you tested on (Wii, Family Wii, vWii)
That sounds better.

Wheaties~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayflash Wireless Wii U Pro Controller Adapter seems to be unusable for most games. It's dropping joystick inputs like crazy. I've tested both the adapter and controller on PC and they both work like a charm, so a problem with either of those are out of the question.

Is this a configuration problem or was this known and marked under "working"?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayflash Wireless Wii U Pro Controller Adapter seems to be unusable for most games. It's dropping joystick inputs like crazy. I've tested both the adapter and controller on PC and they both work like a charm, so a problem with either of those are out of the question.

Is this a configuration problem or was this known and marked under "working"?

The adapter seems to be hit or miss with people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    btei @ btei: hello xdqwerty i hope ur having a great day!!