Hacking Nintendont

demi_du

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, the games itself do all the bluetooth stuff so I guess you would need to do some heavy modifications for every game.
Also to give a status update, I now get regular updates from the bluetooth device and it regonizes when I press the sync button on my wii.

bluetooth bluetooth bluetooth, OMG that's great i love it, please keep working on it, thanks

Reactions: strai and JnL_SSBM

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually guys, every console after the ps1 generation, really needs its own controller to be played. I can't imagine playing gamecube with the wiimote or the classic controller or the ps2 one (even though I have tried the last two). Thus, I believe it's worth the budget to buy an adapter and/or a wavebird/GC controller to fully enjoy nitendont.

PS: A feature request: I would like to be able to change the GC controller's button combination for in-game-reset. Can this be done as an option in nintendont game-select screen?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
provato: On the upside, there'll soon be the official GameCube-alike pads for Wii and Wii U from PDP, which are essentially Classic Controllers: http://kotaku.com/the-new-wii-u-gamecube-controllers-are-super-hot-1588991448

These seem like they'd be great to use with Nintendont assuming BlueTooth support can be achieved, and are especially suited to Family Edition Wiis or Wii Us given their lack of GameCube ports. The D-pad looks like an improvement over the original GameCube's, to boot. Unfortunately, I suspect the shoulder buttons are digital-only, so you won't get the real GameCube experience for games like Mario Sunshine and Smash Bros., but so few games took advantage of their analog functionality that it seems ideal for a great number of games.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
for my opinion is better give more possibility for control games, wiimote+nunchack isn't the best options but every wii have it (i not understand why devolution not give the possibility for use wiimote without classic controller...). Some games like mariokart DD can be played with wiimote+nunchack (u can make two player with only 1 usbcontroller or gc controller + 1 wiimote ecc)

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pedro702 I have a Animal Crossing ISO NTSC and in the compatibility list tells me not to do anything, only with PAL iso. That´s OK?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
you have to use the wavebird in the nintendont menu, or at least activate it there ( meaning: press a few buttons while its on). nintendo can only detect wavebird from within the menu, not the game.

Someone said in a previous post that the wavebird has to be used at the loader first to get it recognized, I guess it should work in game after that. But I haven't seen many people talk about using wavebirds so i don't know for sure whether it should work or not.

As far as I know the Wavebird controller is not fully operational.
I think someone said something about using it with the Mayflash adapter but was struggling with it to get it to work properly.

I can confirm that the wavebird works flawlessly after you have chosen the game. You must choose the game from Nintendont with the wavebird itself. Tested on regular wii.

All right now i got wavebird working! Cheers guys and thanks once again!

So far i got the following games working (from standalone nintendont)
Super Mario Sunshine
V Rally 3
Hudson Collection vol.3 Bonk
Hudson Collection vol.4 Takahashi Meijin
Legend of Zelda 4 Swords
Burnout 1 (has glitchy skybox in night and evening stages though)
Mario Kart Double Dash
Capcom vs SNK 2:EO
Baldur's Gate DA
Baten Kaitos 2
Beach Spikers
Conan
Killer 7
Megaman X Collection
R Racing Revolution
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evils Code Veronica
Scaler
Serious Sam
Sonic Adventure 2 (although this can freeze in the intro)
Spiderman 2

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Please stop nagging about bluetooth support (Wiimote+Nunchuk or any variation thereof), it comes when it comes. Besides The amount of work it would take to make Wiimote+Nunchuk is not worth it based on the fact that most people wouldn't even use it. It's such a niche target that it's almost silly right now to even think so, u should really consider buying a cheap adapter and or USB gamepad rather than expect the devs to do a shitload of work for for free on something that doesn't improve Nintendont's priorities right now.

Phroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree, there is no need for wiimote and classic controllers support.
As you can use any other USB controller.

I got my PS3 controller working (sixaxis) when using the controller.ini from the git repository.

Also I was confused when I first started modding my Wii-u, as there is no GC port or mem card port.
The only other option is using devolution, but you need the original disc to verify the games. But you can use the classic controller with devolution.
Nintendont is the best alternative, if you don't have the original discs anymore.

Still DIOS-MIOS might be the most compatible option, although there is no way to use on the newer wii's and wii-u, because of lack GC ports.

Is it possible to use DIOS-MIOS with a GC controller + USB adapter on Wii-U?
And it has memory card emulation.
So if you can get a GC controller + USB adapter will it work on Wii-U?

Lerhein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im playing on wii and i have issues with r83 playing tales of symphonia usa randoms crash and weird sound before and after a battle

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Dios-Mios I don't believe is being worked on anymore, and it does not support USB gamepads. It can use NMM which Memory Card Emulation but the compatibility isn't high. Check the DM compatibility list for more info on NMM supported games, maybe the ones you want to play are supported.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree, there is no need for wiimote and classic controllers support.
As you can use any other USB controller.

I got my PS3 controller working (sixaxis) when using the controller.ini from the git repository.

Also I was confused when I first started modding my Wii-u, as there is no GC port or mem card port.
The only other option is using devolution, but you need the original disc to verify the games. But you can use the classic controller with devolution.
Nintendont is the best alternative, if you don't have the original discs anymore.

Still DIOS-MIOS might be the most compatible option, although there is no way to use on the newer wii's and wii-u, because of lack GC ports.

Is it possible to use DIOS-MIOS with a GC controller + USB adapter on Wii-U?
And it has memory card emulation.
So if you can get a GC controller + USB adapter will it work on Wii-U?
There's no way at all to use it on Wii-U due to the Wii-U not having a MIOS!

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how to run my PS3 controller with this. I already put the controller.ini file into my harddrives root that I downloaded for the PS3. However when I connect my PS3 remote to the Wii through USB and press the home button my PS3 turns on, and in Mario Kart Double Dash on Nintendont nothing happens when I click the PS3 remotes buttons.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't understand how to run my PS3 controller with this. I already put the controller.ini file into my harddrives root that I downloaded for the PS3. However when I connect my PS3 remote to the Wii through USB and press the home button my PS3 turns on, and in Mario Kart Double Dash on Nintendont nothing happens when I click the PS3 remotes buttons.

whenn seeing the games list press B on the wiimote go to HID and put it ON then press B again to exit the settings(its the same for activating Memory card emulation) then start the game when the game actually starts press the ps button.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im playing on wii and i have issues with r83 playing tales of symphonia usa randoms crash and weird sound before and after a battle

Pedro702 I have a Animal Crossing ISO NTSC and in the compatibility list tells me not to do anything, only with PAL iso. That´s OK?

Alot if games are broken in v1.83

The last very stable build was v1.80 so try that

Reactions: halen

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Please stop nagging about bluetooth support (Wiimote+Nunchuk or any variation thereof), it comes when it comes. Besides The amount of work it would take to make Wiimote+Nunchuk is not worth it based on the fact that most people wouldn't even use it. It's such a niche target that it's almost silly right now to even think so, u should really consider buying a cheap adapter and or USB gamepad rather than expect the devs to do a shitload of work for for free on something that doesn't improve Nintendont's priorities right now.
Obviously, people shouldn't endlessly nag about progress on planned or in-development features, but to dismiss their importance, especially after considerable effort has already been put into them, is also quite rude. Even if you think that people using their game controllers with their designated consoles is a niche target (which I won't bother disputing), there are clearly people off and (more importantly) on the dev team who feel it's a worthwhile feature.

You're right that it happens when it happens, and that's why my entire input on the matter so far has been to ask whether the feature was planned or not, without any consideration of timespan. It's not for any of us to tell the devs which pet issues are or are not worthy of their time. Just as we shouldn't nag them, we shouldn't be cavalierly dismissing the work they do on features we're not personally interested in, because that's an equally self-interested attitude.

Reactions: faku1810 and daxtsu

_KenshinX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if HID_TEST doesn't let me test my PS2 controller buttons, cause the adapter has 2 ports or for any other reason... This is the info from the adapter (from windows); but is tha same info I got form HID_TEST on Wii.
ps2-adapter.jpg

VID: 0E8F
PID: 3013
(but cause it has two ports... it shows extra value (&Col01) for port1 and (&Col02) for port 2... Maybe HID_Test doesn't get tha extra info...

If FIX94 or Crediar or any other dev could help me to get this adapter working with Nintendont... I'll appreciate your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: